Author Topic: Rumors pouring onto the web about new Black Templar release!!!  (Read 3096 times)

Offline Xorn

• Brother Captain
  • Faith and Fury
    • View Profile
Re: Rumors pouring onto the web about new Black Templar release!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 11:45:41 PM »
I dnt believe it. That site looked too skidish to me..

Offline Dirty Harry

• Marshal of the Phoenician Crusade
  • Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
  • I'lll abhor the $#!7 out of that witch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 01:55:25 AM »
tbf I've been following the blog for a little while now, and his information started to get dramatically more accurate after the start of 6th edition. I'm iffy on how I feel about what they're doing with neophytes and how they're forcing the book to play more close combat than ranged.
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.

Offline Slartibartfast

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2013, 10:01:31 AM »
If true, it's nice to hear we're getting an update as soon as December.  Sounds like Templars could become the new, "hot".  Get ready for all those fair weather generals to come flooding into Templars!

Sounds to me like they're trying to make Templars much more like the Space Marine Legions in the Horus Heresy book.  I would love that.  I was dying to start a Heresy army anyway.  Would be the best of both worlds for me if I could field my Templars in a similar way.

This definitely puts my purchasing plans on a hold though.  Well, except for some additional Initiate squads.  Can't go wrong with those.

Offline Xorn

• Brother Captain
  • Faith and Fury
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2013, 12:21:31 PM »
Now I follow that si r e and many others as far as templars go but there some things I didnt see that im sure is guna b in the new book. First of all I was always sure and dwn right positive we r getting a full book and no suppl. I always thot that idea was jus dumb. So that was a check but I didnt see anything about new vehicles or antiair or MCs or nothing big and new like im sure with evry codex is a shiny new 100$+ unit.. if ur guna do the rumor thing gimme somethin I can use. It seemd like it was all negative on the rumors they shared. Now I know its not supposed to b accurate or perfect but it could do more to excite me instead of make me dread it. I know we hav talons and ravens but to b honest id rather not even go into the air. Id rather hav a superbeast anti air gun and jus forego flyers altogether.. but I will say this if even half of that stuff was even remotely close to true it is guna b very fun and interesting to compketely rebuild and shape my army/tactics... on the other hand it may become expensive huh?

Offline bunkbess20

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2013, 03:27:36 PM »
anyone else getting the fever about templars?  this might cause me to paint the 25-30 plus models i have laying around.. ;D

Offline Apsco60

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2013, 08:38:52 PM »
wtb C:SM BS 4 scouts for 1 point upgrade. Friggin' horse poop.

Offline Skari

• Brother Captain
  • SkaredCast
    • View Profile
    • Main Channel Resource
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2013, 10:55:36 PM »
Faeit has been very reliable when it comes to rumours. I personally am very excited, a new book will really get me to get some additional boots on the ground, the most interesting one so far is the removal of overwatch casualties at the -end- of the combat, now that would be a cool dynamic.
Support me on the Patreon Page:
http://patreon.com/skaredcast

make sure you check out my blog:
http://skaredcast.blogspot.com
youtube channel
http://youtube.com/skaredcast

Offline Dirty Harry

• Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2013, 04:41:08 AM »
I don't think the neophytes will get access the BS4 upgrade, just initiates. I really hope they give BT access to the heavy chain sword. I'd have 4 bolt pistol chainswords and 4 heavy chainswords and 2 powerweapons in a Crusader squad unit. Nasty.
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.

Offline Firedrake

• Brother Captain
  • Nemesor of the Nahrek Dynasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2013, 03:23:44 AM »
Can't wait
Is it just me or is Games Workshop out to get our money?

Online Fritz40K

• ADMIN
  • Primarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2013, 02:40:39 PM »
Who knows?

I just HOPE the continue to get their own book like DA, SW, etc.

Now the rumor is that BT will be rolled into Codex SM which is coming out soon...
Though my men may sleep, and my ships rest at anchor, my foes know full well that big guns never tire...

Look on my works ye mighty, and despair...

Offline Dirty Harry

• Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2013, 03:43:20 PM »
Nah, they've been swearing up and down for about a year now that BT will get their own book.

Offline FalleN

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2013, 12:39:43 PM »
Looks like The Black Templars are getting rolled into the Space Marine codex. Tho they will have their own rules. While it will be a rumor till the next WD, some have seen the new issue  and Supposedly Cruddace talks about the Decision in the Next White Dwarf.
http://natfka.blogspot.com/2013/08/black-templars-in-space-marine-codex.html
"Our time will come again, Eldrad has promised us. Once more you upstart Mon-keigh[spits] shall kneel before our power! This time we will not be so lenient!"

Offline Dirty Harry

• Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2013, 04:03:17 PM »
Am disappoint. We're non-codex compliant damn it. This means until I get a supplement I have to share a hardback cover with psyker loving commies.

Offline bruenor316

• Skald of Tra
  • Supporter
  • Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2013, 11:39:49 PM »
Some of the rumblings indicate that they lose the Libbys (big shock), but the named characters (Helbrecht, Grimaldus, etc) are effectively "character assassins" (which could prove interesting against some deathstars).  And evidently their Crusade squads can take LRC's as Dedicated Transports  :o