Author Topic: Next codex.... Blood angels  (Read 4671 times)

Offline The Overlord

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
Next codex.... Blood angels
« on: October 04, 2014, 05:43:46 PM »
I'm sure everyone expects blood angels to be next but I found a photo with a little typo from the dark eldar release that hopefully confirms it.

Offline Dirty Harry

• Marshal of the Phoenician Crusade
  • Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
  • I'lll abhor the $#!7 out of that witch!
    • View Profile
Re: Next codex.... Blood angels
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2014, 09:18:20 PM »
I hate the level of quality control in the codices GW writes. Aren't the 7th edition books written by multiple people now?
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.

Offline hawkhaven667

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2014, 01:58:08 AM »
i have a theory please hear me out

this isn't a type it's an Easter egg like what experienced player reads that page anyway let's just slip this in right here we're really clever tehehe you can't disprove me and this is an awesome theory

Offline The Overlord

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2014, 02:39:58 AM »
I agree it could all be a gw conspiracy... "Accidentally" releasing the grey knights digital with space wolves, and now this!

Offline steam

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2014, 03:54:43 AM »
I hate the level of quality control in the codices GW writes. Aren't the 7th edition books written by multiple people now?
Yeah. I heard the same thing.

Offline Dirty Harry

• Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2014, 03:26:18 AM »
It made sense to release grey knights close to space wolves. the book didn't bring any new toys to the table and it more or less got gimped with the separation of the assassins. I believe this 'easter egg' was a legitimate snafu. Is this typo in printed copies as well as digital?
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.

Offline FalleN

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2014, 05:36:38 PM »
It made sense to release grey knights close to space wolves. the book didn't bring any new toys to the table and it more or less got gimped with the separation of the assassins. I believe this 'easter egg' was a legitimate snafu. Is this typo in printed copies as well as digital?

I think its only in the Ipad version, I don't think its even in the epub version, atleast I don't see it.
"Our time will come again, Eldrad has promised us. Once more you upstart Mon-keigh[spits] shall kneel before our power! This time we will not be so lenient!"

Offline ShadowcatX

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2014, 05:48:28 PM »
BoLS has the following:

Miniatures & Products
-New Character, a Captain (maybe 1.Company)
-Mephiston in plastic
-New Terminator Box with all weapon options
-New Assault Marine Box
-New generic Dreadnought
-Honour Guard Box (maybe only an repack)

-Mephiston will be a LoW, he turned into a "uber" psyker
-BA Painting Guide
-Suppliment featuring the new captain

New Blood Angels Lore
-The Flesh Tearers are now watched by the Inquisition
-A Rumor make the round in the Imperium, one of the BA successor chapters are traitors (not the Flesh Tearers)
-The attitude of Imperial authorities over the BA worsen

If Blood Angels gets a new special character after the dark eldar lost so many of theirs (VECT!!!!) I will be saddened greatly.
Everything I have ever told you, even this, is a lie.

Offline Dirty Harry

• Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2014, 07:18:45 PM »
I'm betting if there's a new character he's just going to be featured in a data slate. Mephiston becoming a lord of war is no surprise. I doubt they'll receive any new dreadnought kits, the furioso already has 3 variants total. Only reason to make a new terminator box is if they will be as versatile and cheap like Gk terminators and wolfguard terminators. Again, I'm doubtful of this. I can see honorguard getting a repack. Otherwise I can't see BA getting any new models to their range.

Offline ShadowcatX

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2014, 09:49:36 AM »
From BoLS:

40k: Blood Angels (1 week)
There is still some chatter out there regarding Necrons, but Blood Angels is in the majority. In any case this look like a quick 1 week release slot stuffed into the schedule like Grey Knights was. So for the fans, whoever gets the spot will be coming first, but don't look for too many miniatures to be released alongside it.

Offline ShadowcatX

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2014, 06:48:06 PM »
Looks like the next campaign is Tyranids vs. Blood Angels. Shield of Baal: Leviathan.

Offline Rezial

• Brother Captain
  • Dominus Mutationis
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2014, 01:27:14 PM »
The Shield of Baal release is looking to be a let down for Blood Angels fans as it clearly doesn't further any physical release for the army or rumors of a two army box set, at least not yet.  I love to hate Blood Angels but I like players very much and I sympathize with everyone wanting more for their favorite army.  The Blood Angels rumors are the worst because they have all been dead wrong since before 7th edition dropped.  When I see photos from a White Dwarf like we've seen from the latest Tyranids then I'll start believing some of the BA rumors.

Going into the Holiday season marks a busy time for GW, but on a stricter planned schedule.  This can be seen with their LoTR releases especially for the Hobbit.  It will be tougher for them to try and drop the Hobbit, plus Fantasy, and Necrons and Blood Angels in a short period.  I think one of the 40k factions will see at least some release, but likely others will wait until New Years or later.  Necrons seem to be just as imminent as any proposed Blood Angels release from all the chatter.
Repent, for tomorrow you die.
http://rezial.blogspot.com/

Offline Angelic

• Corsair of Yriel's Eldritch Raiders
  • Supporter
  • WARMASTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2014, 09:33:28 PM »
Shield of Baal: Leviathan is the Tyranid portion of the release and it seems Shield of Baal: Exterminatus will be the Imperial section. Though the teaser video mostly showed Imperial Guard and a little bit of Sisters.. Both of which apparently took part in the engagement. So we might see some formations and whatnot for those two before a full release for Blood Angels with a new Codex and all that..
The Dance Without End Begins..

Offline Dirty Harry

• Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2014, 06:01:53 PM »
I saw the new blood angels tactical recently and am very impressed. I like how the sergeant's torso is sculpted like the sang guard. Very fluffy. I'm interested to see how Death Company will change. Hopefully they'll still be able to have relentless bolters. I think that was one of the coolest things they could do.

Offline Rezial

• Brother Captain
  • Dominus Mutationis
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2014, 07:00:13 PM »
Dude, they're well made, sure but they have nipples.  It's ridiculous.
Repent, for tomorrow you die.
http://rezial.blogspot.com/