Author Topic: Eldar showcase, lets see your Eldar army!  (Read 31218 times)

Online mcphro

• Primarch
    • View Profile
!
« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2015, 10:03:29 PM »
The ever growing force, 1100 points in 4 months, so I am pleased with that. Inspiration from Caraftworld Iybraesil as the keen eye will have noticed.

New to 40K so doing a pretty straight up colourscheme without any fancy conversions...for the time being ;)

Oh this is VERY pretty! Inspiring me to do some more painting...

Online mcphro

• Primarch
    • View Profile
Re: Eldar showcase, lets see your Eldar army!
« Reply #61 on: May 16, 2015, 10:08:07 PM »
The ever growing force, 1100 points in 4 months, so I am pleased with that. Inspiration from Caraftworld Iybraesil as the keen eye will have noticed.

New to 40K so doing a pretty straight up colourscheme without any fancy conversions...for the time being ;)

Jeppe, Can you post a tutorial at all on how you did this at all? Whats the process you go through step by step?

Offline Jeppe Danning

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 19, 2015, 02:55:34 PM »
Jeppe, Can you post a tutorial at all on how you did this at all? Whats the process you go through step by step?

No problem.

All models consists of the following steps;

1. Primer (white)
2. Basecoat sotek Green, thinned down with water, very fast brush on with a big brush. I usually do 10 models a time on this stage.
3. Another basecoat sotek Green, thinned down with water
4. Wash (mix of green/blue/black wash)
5. Paint up with Sotek Green only leaving the wash in the recess areas
6. First highlight - Sotek Green/White on all the edges
7. second highlight - Sotek Green/more white on all the edges, if possible half as thick a line, so you can see the first highlight.

For the white decorating patterns on the vehichles the following process is used;

1. After step 5 (see above), I use masking tape along the line of where I want patterns to run. This can be a bit tricky on models such as Falcons/Serpents. So if you want to try this start up with a jetbike.
2. After this paint over the line where the masking tape is with Sotek Green. This is done to seal the tape - and just do a very thin layer. You can do without it, but you will se why when you remove the tape.
3. When the "sealing" paint is dry, paint the area white, and remove the masking tape
4. The pattern consists of two lines along the edges - dont worry if you dont make it perfect, you can allways make corrections afterwards. After this you paint the small pattern between the line, which is made up of 3 small vertical lines, followed by three small horisontal lines - its hard to explain in writing, but look closer at some of the pictures, and you will see what I mean.
5. When finished you will probably need to make som small corrections, unless you are truly a pro-painter 8)

I can post some step by step pictures of the patterns later on if somebody would like this.

Oh BTW, some new units has arrived which is featured below. Really liked the way the walkers turned out.
Also made some destroyed vehichle markers. Last picture truly shows how the Farseer makes a planet explode ;D. Maybe the way opponents of Eldar feels these days ;)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 03:01:58 PM by Jeppe Danning »

Offline ashikenshin

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 20, 2015, 01:01:30 PM »
Hello everyone! I'm a newbie here and wanted to show my latest painted models. I'm preparing for a tournament and want to have everything painted, my painting is not up to the quality of some here but I think it's passable for tabletop hehe

here they are:

Online mcphro

• Primarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 31, 2015, 01:58:10 AM »
Ive just been tripping my warp spiders and painting up a squad (I have 18 of them)... Here is how they turned out...

Online mcphro

• Primarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 04, 2015, 06:13:02 PM »
95% finished, eyes, gems and weapons to go...

Sorry for the size I had to upload them from my phone

« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 06:15:47 PM by mcphro »

Offline embolden

• Grand Master
  • Harlequin
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 05, 2015, 04:20:55 AM »
Looking great McPhro!

Warp Spiders especially :)
AKA: Rob

Element Games Referral Code: ROB745

Embolden Eldar Log

Offline Ramses135

• Primarch
  • Scion of Ulthwé
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 20, 2015, 11:44:00 AM »
I was silent for a long time, but don't worry guys, I'm still with you, reading all the new posts  :D Anyway, wanted to share my new Windrider Jetbikes.

Also, my new project will be my third Falcon - on the photo placed next to my two finished ones, so you have an idea how it will (hopefully) turn out.

We bring only death, and leave only carrion. It is a message even a Human can understand.

Offline Ramses135

• Primarch
  • Scion of Ulthwé
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 20, 2015, 11:47:28 AM »
The jetbikes need a few touch-ups, I'll get back to them, after I paint my second unit.

Btw, figured out, that one of my local stores still sells the old Windriders, so I guess I'll go get another box, until it's too late. I'm very fond of the old jetbikes, if the rider is replaced. And I have lots and lots of spare Scatter Lasers to convert them to useful equipment :P
We bring only death, and leave only carrion. It is a message even a Human can understand.

Offline amras_falassion

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
    • Eskaywoo: Brand Strategy and Design
« Reply #69 on: June 28, 2015, 04:58:05 AM »
Hi guys!

I just finished my Autarch with wings. The right arm is magnetized at the shoulder to swap out the standard Powersword with other options. I painted up the Dire Avenger Halberd for the other Power weapon option. (Power lance as suggested in one of these threads)

Offline embolden

• Grand Master
  • Harlequin
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 29, 2015, 07:47:39 AM »
Wow Amras!! That looks amazing!!!  8)
AKA: Rob

Element Games Referral Code: ROB745

Embolden Eldar Log

Offline amras_falassion

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 30, 2015, 11:46:48 AM »
Wow Amras!! That looks amazing!!!  8)

Thank you , Rob :)

Offline Bearded Beheader

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 02, 2015, 11:53:21 PM »
That Autarch looks sweet!!!

Offline maelstorm

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 09, 2015, 05:21:39 PM »
This is what I painted for the Las Vegas Open.  Three weeks from bare plastic to finished paint.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 05:26:29 PM by maelstorm »

Offline amras_falassion

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 11, 2015, 07:31:14 AM »
I see that you converted the jetbikes to have 'real' guardian defender torsos!
I did that too!

The overall paint job is neat. But i noticed that the Avatar is a bit... green? LOL.

Speed painting for a tournament is quite a big endeavour.
 Well done in completing the job.