Author Topic: Sons of Grimaldus battle formation  (Read 2434 times)

Offline Dirty Harry

• Marshal of the Phoenician Crusade
  • Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
  • I'lll abhor the $#!7 out of that witch!
    • View Profile
Sons of Grimaldus battle formation
« on: July 22, 2013, 05:01:21 PM »
Haven't checked out much of the apoc book yet, but I am loving the BT formations in the book. I did however notice that the sons of Grimaldus battle formation they have on the GW website doesn't come with an Emperor's champion. Is one required in the apocalypse formation?
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.

Offline Xorn

• Brother Captain
  • Faith and Fury
    • View Profile
Re: Sons of Grimaldus battle formation
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 10:43:39 PM »
I would think so in keeping with the lore and the basic rules of BT.

Online Fritz40K

• ADMIN
  • Primarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 09:13:13 AM »
Weird they don't include an EC.
Though my men may sleep, and my ships rest at anchor, my foes know full well that big guns never tire...

Look on my works ye mighty, and despair...

Offline Dirty Harry

• Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 07:17:30 AM »
so apparently an Emperor's champion isn't required in the formation. Not even in the book. Might elude to whether or not EC remains mandatory in the new book. HMMMMMMMM. HMMMMMMMMMM.
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.

Offline Xorn

• Brother Captain
  • Faith and Fury
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2013, 07:40:55 PM »
Im still guna bring one tho.. thats jus part of who templars are.

Offline Dirty Harry

• Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2013, 02:50:49 AM »
Well, yeah. I don't think the EC will get the benefits of the formation though. Sons of Grimaldus gets crazy stuff like army wide fnp, and hatred Orks.

Offline Xorn

• Brother Captain
  • Faith and Fury
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2013, 09:47:02 PM »
I was talkin about the new codex not the formation. I mean ill always bring em even if not required in the new dex. Apoc is a diff story. Im sure grimaldus lil formation is nice an dandy but I suspect the new codex will be betr

Offline Slartibartfast

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2013, 07:13:11 PM »
I've been on the road a lot lately, so apologize in advance for being a bit fuzzy on the new Apoc rules.  I just scanned through them quickly two weeks ago.

What jumped out at me is that it seemed the formation rules are so lax you can make a formation out of just about anything.  For example, I was disappointed that my favorite formation - three Vindicators - was gone from the book.  But then, when I looked at the armored formations, it seemed you could declare any combination of two or more tanks to be a formation and they would benefit from the tank formation bonuses.

Did I get that wrong?

Anyway, point being, I think that you can do almost whatever you want to create your own formations in the new book.