Author Topic: ordo malleus assasin  (Read 1830 times)

Offline SailorCSN

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
ordo malleus assasin
« on: December 25, 2014, 12:34:10 PM »
Single model units. Why do they work? How do they work? An ordo malleus Iq in termie armor with a hammer is pretty good. Servo skulls are pretty good. The grimore of true names is pretty good and only 5 points. Getting reader of the tarot for a warlord trait is pretty good. Upgrading to a psyker only costs 30 points. Pretty good. But he can't be everywhere at once. Reserve him and deep strike in.
So many books, so many Burning questions.

Offline SailorCSN

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Re: ordo malleus assasin
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2014, 12:37:40 PM »
It is really easy to hide a single model. If there are no daemons, deep strike him in your deployment zone and deny the warlord point. If daemons are on the board, he can probably take them down. He makes a great addition to any terminator unit that you will throw against daemons and psykers. Psyke out grenades are still powerfull.

Offline SailorCSN

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2014, 12:39:13 PM »
It is like decent of angels for any termie unit, and reroll reserve rolls. He can be quite a boon

Offline SailorCSN

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2014, 01:12:31 PM »
I enjoy calling out enemy daemon units for the Emperor!

Offline SailorCSN

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2014, 01:12:53 PM »
Thoughts?

Offline SailorCSN

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2014, 01:14:00 PM »
Perhaps in a pod with allies? Could boost sternguard with psy powers and break off to hammer things to death

Offline Angelic

• Corsair of Yriel's Eldritch Raiders
  • Supporter
  • WARMASTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2014, 07:59:22 PM »
Sailor.. I can't help but laugh every time I see these threads with you talking to yourself xD

It could work.. but I think there are better options available and an Inquisitor, at least to me always works better in a Squad since he can grab Divination and such.

However if we are running him by himself I think a little more than Terminator Armour and a Hammer are necessary, sure he can get to S8 but he's still only one model. Also, I think if you have him in Reserve, rather than Deep Strike you can just have him walk on to the board from your table edge.. (If I recall correctly). The question is what more is there? I would ALWAYS choose a Daemonblade over a Hammer.. heck even if I gave him a Hammer i'd take the Daemonblade.. Why? Because the boons can potentially port over to your Hammer! For example +3 Attacks, Rage and Furious Charge, Feel No Pain and Eternal Warrior and even the possibility to generate extra Warp Charge.

Now the rest of the powers mostly go on the Daemonblade itself, but you get to roll twice on that table and I think it is just wonderful. The Hammer really being back up just in case you need something to take on heavier targets..

That's how i'll run mine anyway^^
The Dance Without End Begins..

Offline SailorCSN

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2014, 08:59:57 AM »
I agree that the sword is the way to go. I do enjoy the psycological affects if a termie with a hammer on the board too. It's a good thing we can take both in the list for such a steal. I'm still trying to fill the void that paladins created with the new drop. And the assassin dataslate is cool, but keeping track of all 4 and their rules can be mentally taxing.