Poll

who is the greatest duelst between them?

Sigismund
2 (66.7%)
Lucius
1 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: January 31, 2015, 04:01:17 PM

Author Topic: Sigismund vs Lucius  (Read 1755 times)

Offline Dirty Harry

• Marshal of the Phoenician Crusade
  • Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
  • I'lll abhor the $#!7 out of that witch!
    • View Profile
Sigismund vs Lucius
« on: January 01, 2015, 04:01:17 PM »
A cold rain falls on the barren planet. From behind his helmet Sigismund's cold steel eyes lock gaze with the self proclaimed "greatest swordsman of the Emperor's children". Lucius licks his lips, buzzing with ecstasy. The scars across his face are self inflicted. Sigismund thought to himself. He's probably never even felt the bite of an opponent's sword.

A cold chill shot down Lucius' back, underneath his immaculate power armor. The Champion clad in yellow that bore a black cross across his chest seemed unnerved. Stoic. A grimace spread across Lucius' face. "you seem to think less of me, high and mighty dog of the Emperor,"

"I think less of traitors than I do the mud beneath my feet," replied a solemn Sigismund. His eyes still locked with Lucius as he began wrapping the chain around his arm. Lucius only smirked as he drew his blade.
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.

B4TBG

Re: Sigismund vs Lucius
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 08:54:17 AM »
Lusious. Is this even a question?

Offline Angelic

• Corsair of Yriel's Eldritch Raiders
  • Supporter
  • WARMASTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 03:39:08 AM »
Are we talking post or pre-heresy Lucius? Also I don't know much about Sigismund other than that he's meant to be a completely ridiculous Duelist... Can't really say one way or the other but since he's technically the first High Marshal of the Black Templars I might have to give it to Sigismund
The Dance Without End Begins..

Offline Dirty Harry

• Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 06:59:24 PM »
This will be Lucius mid heresy, after the Emperor's children turned against the Imperium and sided with Horus.
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.

Offline Bushleague

• Supporter
  • Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2015, 08:09:08 AM »
Tough Call....Sigismund would probably have bested Lucius, hell, he was even beaten a few times by Garviel Loken in sparring.

But here's the mind trip: Say Sigismund DOES defeat Lucius...wait three weeks, and BAM! Sigismund becomes Lucius, on account of him being unkillable and possesing the body of who ever destroyed his last one.
"Descend on Wings of Fury, and Scour the Enemy from the Battlefield" - Battle-Captain Janus Shraub, 3rd Company of the Angels of Sirocco, Successors of the 9th Legion.

Offline Dirty Harry

• Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2015, 08:56:41 PM »
Ya know I considered that as well, and I figure if Sigismund could beat Lucius in a fight to the death, Sigismund has the training and discipline to work around that. What I figure is Lucius armor only works if his opponent exhibits pleasure in the fight. From what I know about Sigismund, and more importantly Imperial Fists discipline, he wouldn't really take any kind of pleasure from this duel.

Offline Angelic

• Corsair of Yriel's Eldritch Raiders
  • Supporter
  • WARMASTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2015, 04:26:32 AM »
I'm not sure it could be avoided, though I think if Sigismund noticed he was morphing in to Lucius he might just off himself and end the cycle.. If that works anyway o.o..
The Dance Without End Begins..

Offline Bushleague

• Supporter
  • Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2015, 07:30:58 AM »
Ya, sigismund would be the type to fall on his sword I figure. Good Call angelic
"Descend on Wings of Fury, and Scour the Enemy from the Battlefield" - Battle-Captain Janus Shraub, 3rd Company of the Angels of Sirocco, Successors of the 9th Legion.