Poll

Do You Want A Warhammer Fantasy Section On TheWarmaster Forum?

YES.
3 (21.4%)
NO.
4 (28.6%)
Could be nice to have.
7 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: February 07, 2015, 02:50:05 PM

Author Topic: Forum Members: Do You Want A Warhammer Fantasy Section On TheWarmaster Forum?  (Read 1617 times)

Offline Fritz40K

• ADMIN
  • Primarch
    • View Profile
Let it be know that the forum is here for the hobby- the members of this forum who post their ideas and share their love of the game and narrative.

If there is something that can make this forum better in terms of features or ability the Admins are open to anything and everything based on resources.

SO, there has been some asking around recently about a Warhammer Fantasy part of the Warmaster- what is the interest level for this with the current member base? Would you like or use a Fantasy side of TheWarmaster?

Might be a good and certainly interesting time given the pending re-boot of WH Fantasy to kick things off with a Fantasy section.

Thoughts?

B4TBG

I think that timeing (or should I say- end timing) couln't be better! I think that one of the great things about the warmaster is that it talks about everything from Lists to Forge world and 30k. I think that a fantsy section would get enough traffic to justify it. I also think that no matter what it couln't hurt the forum.

Offline Rezial

• Brother Captain
  • Dominus Mutationis
    • View Profile
Does the "Could be nice to have" option basically mean "don't care one way or the other?"  That's how I voted.  Fantasy is fine but if you're going to expand make the forum about more than GW products please.
Repent, for tomorrow you die.
http://rezial.blogspot.com/

Offline Fritz40K

• ADMIN
  • Primarch
    • View Profile
Community first in my mind, but if we expanded beyond 40K then into what?

Offline DCannon4Life

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
No, thank you.
First, you must learn Balance. --Miyagi

Offline Rezial

• Brother Captain
  • Dominus Mutationis
    • View Profile
Well like I said, Fantasy is good and all but Fritz you know and love more games than just 40k and Fantasy.  Myself I play Infinity as well and there is a huge following for games like Warmachine.  There are so many others too.  Perhaps Fantasy should be part of a larger eye to the rest of the gaming landscape.  No one of us plays all of them but as a community we could surely make headway to discuss much more.
Repent, for tomorrow you die.
http://rezial.blogspot.com/

Offline Dirty Harry

• Marshal of the Phoenician Crusade
  • Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
  • I'lll abhor the $#!7 out of that witch!
    • View Profile
Not a square bases player myself but I imagine the variety could bring on some extra traffic. At this rate we'll on par with boards like dakka dakka and bolter and chainsword in a year.
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.

Offline Angelic

• Corsair of Yriel's Eldritch Raiders
  • Supporter
  • WARMASTER
    • View Profile
I think we should try and keep it to one system at a time.. Add a Fantasy section, see if it gets enough traffic to keep it around, then move on to say.. Infinity.. I know a few of our members play different games, but I think polling for interest is the best way to go.

More traffic might be good, but it'll dilute the community we have with outside influences, so far they've been gradual enough that we've evolved more than changed rapidly. But that's the one part i'd want to stay the same.. Something we don't want to share with DakkaDakka and B&C is some of the flaming/trolling etc.

I've only seen/heard about a little, but it only takes a little to poison the rest. But that's just me!

Fantasy is meant to be getting a reboot, what better time to add it? I don't play myself but i'm sure some players would appreciate it.
The Dance Without End Begins..

Offline IDICBeer

• Supporter
  • Supporter
  • Chapter Master
  • The Wonders of Warhammer 40k
    • View Profile
    • IDICBeer 40k
I wouldn't use it myself

B4TBG

I think that having a new sub-forum people want, however, although it pains me to say this (I love fantsy), I think we need to have a poll on which game gets a sub-forum. I think that fantsy will probaboly be the most popular, but then again I only play GW games (curently).