Author Topic: Sort of sisters battle report.  (Read 1068 times)

Offline Leftovers44

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
Sort of sisters battle report.
« on: January 13, 2015, 11:21:06 PM »
1k sisters vs 1k eldar

MVP of the game would have to be the Harlequins that killed an immolator, a group of 6 sisters, a bigger group of 10 sisters with fire support from the guardian squad, and my exorcist.

Eldar got to deploy first but waited  to deploy the rangers until after I deployed. across from him than they sat in a building the whole game not really doing much but getting line breaker. I got to steal initiative and was able to get first blood on the wraithlord as it tried to hide behind a rock. I spent most of the game just trying to get across the board while getting shoot at by the turrets from the two guardian squads, the wave serpent and a vyper bike.

One immolator was immobilized turn two and sat there the whole game with sisters inside until the harlequins got close enough to be shoot at, the sisters jumped out flamed one guy and failed to hit anything else. They got assaulted and all of them died besides one who was able to take one with her before she died in the next assault phase.

My Saint Celestine ran as far as she could across the board before being caught out in the open in front of a wave serpent and a bunch of guardians just out of charge range. The guardians that where on top of a rock jumped down and shoot her to death. I was able to make her Act of Faith test and she was able to get back up and assault them my next turn, cleaning them up with some fire support from another squad of sisters. She was later able to kill the wave serpent but this was like at the end of the game.

One warlock was nomed by the warp when he was trying to buff his unit, and the eldar was able to cost a ton of powers I was only able  to deny one of them. I forget what i denied but basically they went on opposed in the psychic phase.

An immolator was glanced to death from across the map and the girls had to jump out and walk the rest of the way across the board. They helped take out the vyper bike only to be killed by some guardians hiding behind a building only to jump out all buffed up with crazy psychic powers from a farseer, warlock and a spiritseer, before ducking behind the building again.

We played a bit more than 5 turns, and by the end all of had left was Saint Celestine and a hand full of sisters with a Cannoness. The eldars still had rangers, harlequins, and a healthy group of guardians with a spiritseer, warlock, and farseer. So I guess I lost but maybe if it was 5 turns I might have just barely won before the harlequins could killed everything they killed. We also learned somethings about the game like how to deny the witch, eldar special rules like bladestorm, how fast skimmers move, the assault phase, and much more. We had to ask about rules from the other people who play warhammer 40k and a couple guys where actually helping us with doing our turns.

Offline Leftovers44

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Sort of sisters battle report.
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2015, 11:25:14 PM »
I'll try and get pictures up of the armies we were using because I am to lazy to write it all down. But all of the eldar stuff wasn't upgraded and we actually asked the guy who plays eldar what upgrades we should be taking and got a nice list of stuff. For the sisters they had meltagun, heavy flamer, and combi melta for their upgrades and load hailer on the transports.

Offline Leftovers44

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Sort of sisters battle report.
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 12:34:51 AM »
We played a second game a little later at 1250 points, he upgraded the weapon platforms to bright lances, gave the wave serpent shield and twin linked bright lances, the wraithlord two flamers a brightlances, the harlequins had two fusion pistols and harlequins kiss,  the farseer got a spirit stone and a group of dire avengers that were put inside of the wave serpent. I put my extra points into a 10 girl Dominion squad in a rhino with 4 melta guns and a combi melta.

The game mode was Purge the Alien and the deployment was Hammer and Anvil. Eldar got to deploy first, keeping the rangers back to place them with infiltrator. The rangers ended up getting put in mid field behind a giant ice pillar and my sisters could not seize the initiative.

Turn one for Eldar they moved around to line of sight my exorcist tanks which I had two of and moved the wave serpent and the vyper bike over to deal with my two immolator tanks I had together on one side of the board. Getting in a glancing hit, the weapon platforms managed to get a glancing hit on one of my other immolator tanks.

Turn one for sisters I moved up my immolators to deal with the wave serpent and the harlequins my exorcist moved around to get better vision of the Eldar one was able to spot a ranger but unable to actually wound them. My other wounded immolator tank drove closer to the mid field line of sighting a weapons platform from a wall and able to see the same ranger as the exorcist but also couldn't wound him. Saint Celestine went and jumped behind a true to be closer to the eldar but still unable to be seen by them.

Turn two Eldar moved the wave serpent a little closer and shifted around the their main group of units in the mid field to see the immolators that have been moving closer and actually managed to get first blood on one of them with the combined fire of the wraithlord and a weapons platform. It didn't exploded and the sisters where able to jump out safely and hid behind the wreck for cover. The wave serpent got another glancing hit after firing its bright lance, it fired its shield to try and finish off the tank but was unable to do the final hull point.

Turn two for sisters, the immolators finally in range of the wave serpent managed to get a penetrating hit with the twin linked multi metla and rolled a 5 +2 for being an ap1 weapon and it exploded the dire avengers jumped out safely. One of the exorcists shot at the vyper bike making it immobilized and the other exorcist was able to wound one of the weapons platforms. The sisters that had jumped out of their destroyed tank, rounded a corner and fired into the guardians on the other side only taking out a couple and putting one wound into the platform they had. Saint Celestine jumped next to the rangers that had been trying to hide and whipped them out in the assault and swooping advance getting her self stuck in the middle of the Eldar army with a group of harlequins, a group of guardians, the wraithlord with a spiritseer, and the parked Vyper bike.

Eldar turn three everything but one squad of guardians that where shot at by a small group of sisters and the dire avengers that just jumped out of their wave serpent swarmed Saint Celestine finally killing her in the assault but not before she killed a couple harlequins. A warlock sucked himself into the warp and Saint Celestine made her act of faith test and would return at the beginning of sisters turn three. The other group of guardians moved closer to the sister squad that was out of their tank and completely wiped them out in the shooting phase before ducking behind a wall again and the dire avengers moved up to the two immolators and threw grenades at the rear armor. Managing the take the final hull point off, the sisters stepped out and failed their pinning test and got assaulted and were wiped out but managed to take one dire avenger with them.

Sisters turn three Saint Celestine returned and she was pissed! She got right next to the guardian squad that helped kill her and flamed them taking out 3 before assault them, she was able to win the assault and swooping advance them. A group of Dominions that i left to guard the exorcists moved up to try take out either the wraithlord or whatever else they could shoot but nothing would be in range for a while. The exorcists managed to kill the spiritseer and wound  the wraithlord. The last remaining immolator tank moved up to the dire avengers and the girls jumped out and flamed them taking out a couple of dire avengers, the immolator failed to wound them with the multi melta.

Eldar turn four they finally put down Saint Celestine after another round of shooting her with the harlequins, the wraithlord, and the group of guardians that doubled back to help finish her off. The dire Avengers assaulted the sisters and stayed locked in combat but went down to one dire avenger against 4 sisters.

Sisters turn four the rhino came in from reserves and spent most of the game moving forward. The sisters finished off the lone dire avenger in the assault that would have given the eldar player line breaker, and the exorcists finished of the wraithlord and the vyper bike. The group of Dominions kept moving forward. The remaining exorcist moved forward but wasn't in range of anything.

Eldar turn five the Harlequins moved over the the last group of sisters and their tank but wasn't able to get close enough to do anything and the Farseer with his guardians moved to shoot at the Dominion squad that have been moving up and only took out a couple and was unable to get into assault.

Sisters turn five the rhino moved up more but not enough to be able to do anything. The sisters moved closer to the harlequins but they couldn't get line of site and the immolator moved with them. The Dominion squad was finally able to shoot at the group of guardians and the farseer was out in front so he took a bunch of meltas and bolters to the face and died after that game ended.

Eldar had first blood, slay the warlord and 4 other kill points from the two immolators and two sister squads for a total of 6 victory points.

Sisters of battle had slay the warlord and 8? other kill points from the wave serpent, dire avengers, spiritseer, wraithlord, a guardian squad, rangers, a vyper bike, and the warlock council for a total of 9 victory points.