Author Topic: Best Templar Heavy Support Option???  (Read 984 times)

Offline Slartibartfast

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
Best Templar Heavy Support Option???
« on: July 26, 2013, 10:51:20 AM »
I bought three Vindicators and have fielded them a few times with limited success.  They're kind of a disappointment really.  Not that good unless you get lucky enough to hit a densely packed infantry formation.  Unlikely with a wary opponent.  In general, I find shooting weapons much more effective on average than template weapons in 6th.  Anyone else see that?  Not sure why.

Anyway, the main topic of this thread is - what is the best choice to fill the three Templar heavy support slots these days?  I'm looking at Forgeworld stuff for this too.  I really like the Spartan with dual quad lascannons (four twin linked lascannon shots a turn).  Now, that's something that could take down an enemy tank pretty reliably in one turn.  With a little luck. 

Then there are also a variety of Predators to choose from.

What advice would you give a guy that has a little extra cash and wants to upgrade his Templar heavy support choices?

Offline Dirty Harry

• Marshal of the Phoenician Crusade
  • Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
  • I'lll abhor the $#!7 out of that witch!
    • View Profile
Re: Best Templar Heavy Support Option???
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 06:54:24 PM »
Land raiders. Buy 3 of them, magnetize them to switch from land raiders to Land raider Crusaders. Cool thing about them is Land raider crusaders can be taken as dedicated transports and still allow you to fill heavy slots.
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.

Offline Xorn

• Brother Captain
  • Faith and Fury
    • View Profile
Re: Best Templar Heavy Support Option???
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2013, 09:52:00 PM »
Agreed land raiders of any kind are beast but crusaders are by far the best imo. But id leave a slot open for some experimental stormraven and predator lists.