Ive just made a new thread for general harlequin discussion as some of the other topics seemed for specific questions and I didnt want to hijack them.. either way..
I have the new White dwarf in my fingertips and I just noted some things...
1. The crystal type pistol is the Neurodisrupter
2. The harlequins caress is a golden wrist object. There are 2 in the kit and 2 fusion pistols (they recommend squads have 2 of each)
3. It "does say" a harlequin 'maske' is formed around a number of troops and joined by the likes of shadowseers and death jesters. (no mention of any other character models in a troupe)
4. nice review on how to pain diamonds and eldar gems (a solitaire wears a shattered gem where the Eldar who once wore it shattered it knowing his soal belongs to slaeesh). It can be seen on his ankle)
5. IT DOES SAY
- Next week "The midnight sorrow weave a dance across the sky" (Midnight sorrow is the maske/troup... so what do you make of "weave across the sky? Starweavers you think!)
6. I like the colour wheel tutorial in regards to painting harlequins
7. It DOES SAY....
Under the rules section in using the new models - you can use them now for your existing armies (as is)
Battle brothers: Dark Eldar and Eldar
Allies of Conveniance: Armies of imperium, Tau
Come the Apocolypse: all othersThought - Under the "rules section: is says specifically word for word you can use them as allies for your armies. (it didnt say codex or supplement I note) and i think thats important as I had someone tell me today "gee like the eldar need any help" and if it was a supplement that couldnt be seen as allies....) this answers that question. It also means if you want to use the NEW harlequins in an Eldar army, you have to take them as Allies. I expected this but in say a tourney army where they say primary + 1 allies (say if you wanted Eldar, Harlequins and something else)
8. Under solitaire
- It is unique under unit composition - you can only ever have 1
- he IS a character i guess, is it says "If he is your armies warlord, he never has a warlord trait.
9. Is this going to be a codex? I dont think its a supplement...?
10. It does say
- just under some general comments about "the webway". It describes what it is and "those with the knowledge to find it can use it to travel with incredible speed" and "no one knows the secrets of the webway better then harlequins. It then says the laughing god knows everyu route and path and "some even speculate that Cegorach has gifted his servents with some supernatural ability... now, im not a betting man, but id lay money harlequins should get some sort of webway ability.. I CRAVE
11. The diamand pattern on the solitaires cloak are an "optional extra" and it suppose to refelct the shimmering digital component of the harlequin holosuit.
12. I did read somewhere -something about how Death Jesters use their favourite weapon, some sort of bioplasma..... but cant find it again...