Author Topic: Chaos Inquisitor's Finished Projects  (Read 4447 times)

Offline Dirty Harry

• Marshal of the Phoenician Crusade
  • Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
  • I'lll abhor the $#!7 out of that witch!
    • View Profile
Re: Chaos Inquisitor's Finished Projects
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2016, 08:05:59 PM »
Get some spring cleaning done dude. You'll feel a lot better after after you clean up your work space.
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.

Offline Chaos_Inquisitor

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2016, 03:45:04 PM »
Probably would...I'm just terribly lazy >.<

Offline Chaos_Inquisitor

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2016, 09:41:20 PM »
So switched a few orders up.  Found that doing some non-marine things have started to help break the duldrum of painting.  I am currently doing a small Eldar army for sale.  Started with the Wraithlord and am painting them, oddly enough to look like that main Dark Eldar Coven.  It's looking pretty snazy I think.

Offline Chaos_Inquisitor

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2016, 10:18:15 AM »
Going to be getting pics of my new buddy, Mortis, up soon.  Really need to invest in some sort of Photo booth, or some such.  Also working on a group of Chosen, all with power swords and Warriors of Chaos shields.  They're looking pretty nice, so far.  Then it'll be on to some 30k Word Bearers.

Wanna see if I can help reinvigorate some love and attention on the painting/converting/hobby aspect of the game.

Offline Chaos_Inquisitor

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2016, 12:30:19 PM »
Welp so here we go, finally got around to taking pictures.  I actually got a photo booth, sort of, set up.  It's actually just a cardbox that jurry-rigged together and actually just primed white.  Now I need to reset my camera to auto-correct for the shakiness I seem to be having.  I think I had it on before, then somehow turned it off, or some such.  Either way, here is: Mortis, the Iron Warriors Knight Titan.

Again, apologies for the out of focus, or shakiness of this.

Close up on the Warpsmith.  So the story behind this guy, was that I had the Warpsmith kit lying around, from back when I wanted to add one to my army.  However, when I finally opened it up...the kit didn't dry fit together very well.  There was large gaps and spaces, and it looked super bad imo.  So I took some left over MKIII armor and kit bash it, with pieces that I had clipped off from Warpsmith kit.  I personally think it looks a bit better.  As it seems to have less embelishments and "mutation"-like designs to it.  Since it's an Iron Warriors it makes sense, since they seem to just hack off any mutations and replace them with cybernetics.  Also to note, this is magnetic and I can remove him, so I can use him in a battle.  Instead I have one of the old Space Marine casualties that I attached to another base and have him stand in so there isn't this glaring spot there.

Had to take a side shot, and really show off the cannon.  I am extremely happy with how this thing turned out.  The effect on the end of the cannon is literally just several coats of Nuln Oil, slopped on haphazzardly to give a more "natural" effect.  The words, that you can barely make out, are some transfers from the Iron Warriors transfer sheet from Forgeworld.  It reads "Iron Within Iron Without"

Last but not least, the Thunderstrike Gauntlet, and left pauldron.  I have to say, I was really intimidated going into this project.  I had never once performed free hand decorations.  While the hazzard stripes on the gauntlet and leg turned out pretty descently, the chevrons are bit...crude on the pauldron.  Still, it's pretty good for a first time.

To know what I used in order:
Skeletal Frame: This was all done in Balthasar Gold, then hit with Agrax Earshade, then when it was dry a bit of Nuln Oil to darken it.
Plates: Straight  up Leadbelcher, then a thin layer of Nuln Oil.  Nothing really fancy, here and there I edged them with some seriously thinned out Abbadon Black.
Trim: All the trim was done with a rather unused color.  It's simply Warplock Bronze.  A base color in the Citadel line, that doesn't seem to get used to often.  It has this really rich brownish-brass color with a just a minor hit of green.
Hazard Plates: Averland Sunset, with a thinned out Agrax Earthsade wash.  Then stripe with Abbadon Black.
Chipping: This all done with Rhinox Hide, with a sponge, then some Runefang Steel with a sponge.

All in all, I really enjoyed this guy.  I can't wait to do the rest, whenever I get the money to buy them.  I want to have a full Baronial Court, of Chaos inspired Knight Titans.  However, the plan does not include a Tzeentch titan to go along, as he seems to have the weakest rules for a Daemon Titan.  Not to mention, it would be really weird to get a proper Tzeentch looking Titan.  I have ideas for a Slaanesh one with a thermal cannon using the Forgefiend's plasma-cannon.  Though I'm not sure what to put on the other arm.  The Khorne one will probably be a kit-bash of the torso from the Skull Lord on a Titan's lower body (can use the bottom part of the Skull Lord as some sort of Looted vehicle for an orky army).  And the Baron is just going to be the Chaos Titan they have in the Renegade box set.

Welp, I hope everyone enjoyed, and I hope this inspires people to re-start posting up painting pictures and what not.  It seems the site has been running dry as of late on that end.  Cheers!

Offline Chaos_Inquisitor

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2016, 10:52:12 AM »
So haven't done an update in a very very long time.  Hopefully I can shoot some life into this a bit.  So...big picture dump of two things, both are for my Word Bearers Legion for HH.

First up is A'Sharred Hett, my Daemon Prince.  He's going to be mutable on his "God," so I can move what I want him to be around a bit.  Basic kind of thing.  I tried a new style of skin choice for him, and went with an oil scheme.  So his skin is supposed to resemble a mass of oil, so it looks a bit weird.  Then just painted the armor bits in a Word Bearer stylization.

Next is the primary Heavy Support choice for the Legion, which is the Sicaran Main Battle Tank.  I wanted to really hit home that his is a Word Bearer's tank, so lots of writing and prayers on it.  Some battle damage here and there, it's well worn and used.  A bit of personalization from the tank crew. Some kill markers on the side, and Vae Victus (Woe to the Conquered) written on the barrel.  The name of the tank is Dark Intent.

Offline Marcus Vipsanius Agrippa

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2016, 11:04:53 AM »
Looking good man!

I love the claw marks on the side of the tank  8)

Offline Chaos_Inquisitor

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2017, 08:31:33 PM »
Thank you very much