Welp so here we go, finally got around to taking pictures. I actually got a photo booth, sort of, set up. It's actually just a cardbox that jurry-rigged together and actually just primed white. Now I need to reset my camera to auto-correct for the shakiness I seem to be having. I think I had it on before, then somehow turned it off, or some such. Either way, here is: Mortis, the Iron Warriors Knight Titan.
Again, apologies for the out of focus, or shakiness of this.
Close up on the Warpsmith. So the story behind this guy, was that I had the Warpsmith kit lying around, from back when I wanted to add one to my army. However, when I finally opened it up...the kit didn't dry fit together very well. There was large gaps and spaces, and it looked super bad imo. So I took some left over MKIII armor and kit bash it, with pieces that I had clipped off from Warpsmith kit. I personally think it looks a bit better. As it seems to have less embelishments and "mutation"-like designs to it. Since it's an Iron Warriors it makes sense, since they seem to just hack off any mutations and replace them with cybernetics. Also to note, this is magnetic and I can remove him, so I can use him in a battle. Instead I have one of the old Space Marine casualties that I attached to another base and have him stand in so there isn't this glaring spot there.
Had to take a side shot, and really show off the cannon. I am extremely happy with how this thing turned out. The effect on the end of the cannon is literally just several coats of Nuln Oil, slopped on haphazzardly to give a more "natural" effect. The words, that you can barely make out, are some transfers from the Iron Warriors transfer sheet from Forgeworld. It reads "Iron Within Iron Without"
Last but not least, the Thunderstrike Gauntlet, and left pauldron. I have to say, I was really intimidated going into this project. I had never once performed free hand decorations. While the hazzard stripes on the gauntlet and leg turned out pretty descently, the chevrons are bit...crude on the pauldron. Still, it's pretty good for a first time.
To know what I used in order:
Skeletal Frame: This was all done in Balthasar Gold, then hit with Agrax Earshade, then when it was dry a bit of Nuln Oil to darken it.
Plates: Straight up Leadbelcher, then a thin layer of Nuln Oil. Nothing really fancy, here and there I edged them with some seriously thinned out Abbadon Black.
Trim: All the trim was done with a rather unused color. It's simply Warplock Bronze. A base color in the Citadel line, that doesn't seem to get used to often. It has this really rich brownish-brass color with a just a minor hit of green.
Hazard Plates: Averland Sunset, with a thinned out Agrax Earthsade wash. Then stripe with Abbadon Black.
Chipping: This all done with Rhinox Hide, with a sponge, then some Runefang Steel with a sponge.
All in all, I really enjoyed this guy. I can't wait to do the rest, whenever I get the money to buy them. I want to have a full Baronial Court, of Chaos inspired Knight Titans. However, the plan does not include a Tzeentch titan to go along, as he seems to have the weakest rules for a Daemon Titan. Not to mention, it would be really weird to get a proper Tzeentch looking Titan. I have ideas for a Slaanesh one with a thermal cannon using the Forgefiend's plasma-cannon. Though I'm not sure what to put on the other arm. The Khorne one will probably be a kit-bash of the torso from the Skull Lord on a Titan's lower body (can use the bottom part of the Skull Lord as some sort of Looted vehicle for an orky army). And the Baron is just going to be the Chaos Titan they have in the Renegade box set.
Welp, I hope everyone enjoyed, and I hope this inspires people to re-start posting up painting pictures and what not. It seems the site has been running dry as of late on that end. Cheers!