Author Topic: Gaming table and scenery  (Read 1179 times)

Offline Akhrin

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Gaming table and scenery
« on: July 29, 2013, 04:29:40 AM »
I guess with my plans to build some scenery the Conversions section is probably the best area to put this in.

I've started work on my own gaming board, a 4x4ft snow table and will be doing a bunch of different terrain for my Necrons, Eldar, Dark Elves and whatever else I end up collecting.

First post, doing a single 2x4ft board, is at http://pathoftheseer.tumblr.com/post/56760019233/board

If this works out I'll be starting work on the other 2x4ft this week, if not I'll be back to scratch and starting again I suppose.

I've also got some plasticard ordered that I'm going to be making some Necron buildings out of as the first wave of terrain, so hoping to have some posts up with that soon too.
Blog: Path of the Seer
Twitter: @RedAkhrin

WH40k: Necrons, Eldar
WHFB: Dark Elves
BFG: Chaos
Blood Bowl: Dark Elves

Offline DiscoStoo

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Gaming table and scenery
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 11:11:57 AM »
table looks good and I'm interested in some more info on how you achieved the initial texturing, but more importantly...

Tell me more about the land speeder storm conversion. it's amazing

Offline bkbb214

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 08:11:14 PM »
Looks good. Be happy to hear how it holds up in time.

Are you going to plan on doing another 2x4 board so you will have a 4x6 table?

You armies look great.

Offline Akhrin

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2013, 09:30:56 AM »
Sadly can't claim credit for the Landspeeder, that was just something cool I'd reblogged from another site. Pretty awesome though.

Texturing was a mix of bicarbonate soda, pva glue and water. Mixed it up in a bucket then used a paintbrush to apply it to the board. First board is finished and I've sprayed it with some Citadel varnish spray, so I'll probably make a start on the second one over the weekend, get them both sorted and then I can try and get some games on them to see how they hold up!

Eventually I would like to either do a third 2x4 for a full 6x4 table, or might even do a separate 6x4 table so that if I ever have the space I could pull them together for a 10x4 for Apocalypse and the like.

Plasticard showed up yesterday too, so I'll be able to make a start on some terrain to go on the boards.
Blog: Path of the Seer
Twitter: @RedAkhrin

WH40k: Necrons, Eldar
WHFB: Dark Elves
BFG: Chaos
Blood Bowl: Dark Elves