Author Topic: KBrown40K youtube channel  (Read 1105 times)

Offline KBrown24

• Chapter Master of the Imperial Fists
  • Supporter
  • Battle Brother
    • View Profile
    • Silent Alliance Gaming
KBrown40K youtube channel
« on: April 09, 2015, 07:53:39 PM »
Hey guys, I have started a youtube channel devoted to the 40k hobby and talk about things from my perspective(which I think we all do). Really hope that you guys watch and can support/subscribe.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm17BnlQ5b2DGZ6zDA7joQw

Also looking to start up a podcast with a buddy of mine, so will update when I know more info.

Offline KBrown24

• Chapter Master of the Imperial Fists
  • Supporter
  • Battle Brother
    • View Profile
    • Silent Alliance Gaming
Re: KBrown40K youtube channel
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 08:03:06 AM »
After taking some time off to spend time with my now 9 month old son and also moving, I am back and have some new videos posted. I do apologize for the quality, trying to figure out what the best sound quality is.

Offline Dirty Harry

• Marshal of the Phoenician Crusade
  • Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
  • I'lll abhor the $#!7 out of that witch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 08:39:10 PM »
Yeah, moving and a new kid is pretty justifiable. Welcome back to the hobby.
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.

Offline Dirty Harry

• Marshal of the Phoenician Crusade
  • Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
  • I'lll abhor the $#!7 out of that witch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 09:18:50 PM »
Cudos on getting the channel up and running btw, you've got bigger balls than I do. I like the enthusiasm of your audio logs, and I like how you're aiming a lot of your content at the newly initiated. Now, speaking as a consumer of the content, few key points-

write a script. I know full well recording is difficult if you're not used to it, but writing a script during your formulative time of making content will adds leaps and bounds to quality. Cuts out on the umms, the uhhs, takes away from hesitation in your voice, and it'll help you get to the meat and potatoes of the content your trying to create. Remember, if you're speaking from experience, you wanna sound like an authority on the subject, regardless of how much or how little you actually know.

Quality- do some rehearsal. Record and play back dry runs. Get comfortable with talking to a microphone. From what I hear in your uploads it sounds like you're speaking with the mic too close to your mouth. I'm willing to bet you're using a static microphone, which has a tendency to pick up every bit of ambient noise near by. Easy fix fortunately, as you can get decent audio just by sitting the mic down and just talk naturally. I also recommend recording in the bathroom if you want a nice quiet space where you wont wake up the little one. Bathrooms in newer homes and apartments are well insulated so as long as you aren't talking at shouting levels you should be able to record peacefully.

Content- Instead of doing content to help newer gamers in the hobby, how bout your own personal experiences? It kind of feels like you're imitating Fritz. Now I know imitation is the most sincere form of flattery but... When Fritz does it, he's been playing a hell of a lot longer than you or I have. He's had years of evolution into the channel he is now. All I'm saying is, do your own thing man.
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.