Author Topic: Eldar Rules Translation/Confirmation  (Read 25715 times)

Offline Angelic

• Corsair of Yriel's Eldritch Raiders
  • Supporter
  • WARMASTER
    • View Profile
Eldar Rules Translation/Confirmation
« on: April 22, 2015, 08:39:20 AM »
Alright few things! First of all HQ units excluding Yriel for some reason..

Jain Zar
WS7 BS7 S4 T4 W3 I7 A4 Ld10 Sv+2

Wargear:
Phoenix Armour

Warlord Trait:
Speed of the Hawk – I assume +3” Run for Warlord and Unit

Special Rules:
Acrobatic – Probably +3” to Run and Assault
Ancient Doom – Probably the same
Courage – Fearless?
War Cry – Penalty to Fear Tests?
Eternal Warrior
Fear
Independent Character
Battle Focus
Fleet

Disarming Strike - When fighting in a challange, Jain Zar chooses a weapon of is opponent. He may not use this weapon. If done so, Jain Zar has -1A.

Remnants of Glory:
Silent Death: Range 12” S User AP 2 Assault X (not sure what this value is)
Sword of Destruction: Range Melee S User AP 2 Melee, Shred

Mask of Jain Zar: Units cannot fire Overwatch against Jain Zar or the unit she has joined. Enemy units within 6” subtract 5 from WS and I

Illic Nightspear
WS6 BS9 S3 T3 W3 I6 A3 Ld10 Sv5+

Wargear:
Shuriken Pistol
Power Sword
Mesh Armour

Warlord Trait:
Mark of the Incomparable Hunter – I assume Split Fire?

Special Rules:
Ancient Doom
Preferred Enemy (Necrons)
Infiltration
Move Through Cover
Hatred (Necrons)
Shrouded
Independent Character
Battle Focus
Fleet
Precision Shot – Shots fired by models with this special rule (with the exception of Snap Shots) are Precision shots as described by the Precisions Shots USR

Walker of the Unseen Path – When Illic Nightspear deploys using the Infiltrate USR, he can deploy anywhere on the board that isn’t Impassable Terrain regardless of distance to enemy units.  If Illic joins a unit of Rangers they benefit from this special rule

Lord of the Pathfinders – If Illic Nightspear joins a unit of Rangers all Rangers in that unit gain the Precision Shots special rule as long as he is joined to the unit.

Remnants of Glory:
Void Carrier – ahaha the name
Range 48” SX AP2 Heavy 1, Void Shot, Sniper

Void Shot – When a weapon with this special rule rolls a 6 to wound the shot gains the Instant Death special rule. When a weapon with this special rule rolls a 6 for Armour Penetration it causes an automatic Penetrating Hit regardless of Armour Values. Weird Translation but basically the same..

Eldrad Ulthuan
WS5 BS5 S3 T4 W3 I5 A1 Ld10 Sv –

Wargear:
Shuriken Pistol
Witchblade
Ghost Helm

Warlord Trait:
An eye on distant events –  I assume 1d3 units get Scout

Special Rules:
Ancient Doom
Independent Character
Psyker Mastery (Level 4)
Runes of the Farseer – Re-roll psychic test once per turn – not sure on exact wording
Battle Focus
Fleet

Psychic Powers:
Eldrad can generate powers from Daemonology (Sanctic), Divination, Runes of Fate and Telepathy

Remnants of Glory:
Armour of the Last Runes: Eldrad has a +3 Invulnerable Save

Staff of Ulthramar: Range – S User Ap3, Melee, Fleshbane, Force, Spirit Link

Spirit Link – Roll a d6 when Eldrad exceeds a Psychic Test (Generate more Warp Charge than needed? i.e. two 4+ instead of 1 on a WC1 power?), on a 5 or a 6 he immediately regains a Warp Charge point.

Karandras
WS7 BS7 S4 T4 W3 I7 A4 Ld10 Sv+2

Wargear:
Phoenix Armour
Scorpion’s Chainsword
Scorpion’s Claw
Plasma Grenades

Warlord Trait:
Ambush of Blades

Special Rules:
Ancient Doom
Eternal Warrior
Fearless
Infiltration
Move Through Cover
Independent Character
Stealth
Battle Focus
Fleet
Acute Senses

Unattainable Shadows? – If a unit made up completely of models with this Special Rule infiltrates it gains the Shrouded special rule. If the unit shoots or fights in combat (including Overwatch) it loses the Shrouded special rule.

Hunter’s Strike – If Karandras is in Reserve he automatically comes on in the controlling player’s second turn (REALLY not sure about this translation). When he arrives from Reserve he can move on from any board edge. If during deployment Karandras joins a unit of Striking Scorpions which no other character has joined his unit also benefit from this special rule.

Remnants of Glory:
Scorpion’s Sting: During the Fight Sub-phase at Initiative Step 10, roll a d6. On a 2+ the enemy unit suffers a wound with no saving throws allowed. On a roll of 4+ Gargantuan Creatures suffer a wound with no saving throws allowed. If Karandras is fighting in a challenge the wound must be placed by your opponent.

Fuegan
WS7 BS7 S5 T4 W3 I7 A4 Ld10 Sv2+

Wargear:
Phoenix Armour
Fire Pike
Melta bomb

Warlord Trait:
Mark of the Incomparable Hunter

Special Rules:
Ancient Doom
Fearless
Eternal Warrior
Feel No Pain
Independent Character
Battle Focus
Fleet

Assured Destruction – Models with this special rule apply a +1 modifier when rolling on the Vehicle Damage table

Unwavering Resolve – At the end of any phase which Fuegan suffers unsaved wounds add +1 to his Strength and Attacks for each unsaved wound suffered. This lasts until the end of the game.

Crack Shot – A model with this special rule may re-roll a single to-hit, to-wound or armour penetration roll per turn.

Remnants of Glory
The Fire Axe: S User AP 1 Melee, Armourbane

Baharroth
WS7 BS7 S4 T4 W3 I7 A4 Ld10 Sv2+

Wargear:
Phoenix Armour
Hawk’s Talon
Haywire Grenades
Plasma Grenades
Swooping Hawk Grenade Pack
Swooping Hawk Wings

Warlord Trait:
Speed of the Hawk

Special Rules:
Hit and Run
Ancient Doom
Fearless
Independent Character
Battle Focus
Fleet

Herald of Victory – A unit made up entirely of models with this Special Rule do not Scatter when they arrive via Deep Strike

Sun’s Brilliance – When Baharroth arrives via Deep Strike all enemy units within 6” must make an initiative test as if they had been hit by a weapon with the Blind Special Rule. Models that are immune to the Blind Special rule are immune to Sun’s Brilliance.

Remnant of Glory:
The Shining Blade: Range – S User AP3 Melee, Blind

Muagan Ra
WS7 BS7 S4 T4 W3 I7 A4 Ld10 Sv2+

Wargear:
Phoenix Armour

Warlord Trait:
Mark of the Incomparable Hunter

Special Rules:
Ancient Doom
Fearless
Eternal Warrior
Hatred (Chaos Daemons)
Independent character
Battle Focus
Fleet
Acute Senses

Whirlwind of Death – You can shoot the Maugetar twice per shooting phase either at the same target or a different target

Remnants of Glory
The Maugetar:
Shuriken: Range 36” S6 AP5 Assault 4, Rending
Shrieker: Range 36” S 1 AP5 Assault 1, Rending, Pinning, Bio-Explosion (Same as Death Jester)

Warlock Conclave
Warlock: WS4 BS4 S3 T3 W1 I5 A1 Ld8 Sv –
Warlock Skyrunner: WS4 BS4 S3 T4 W1 I5 A1 Ld8 Sv3+

Wargear:
Rune Armour
Shuriken Pistol
Witchblade
Eldar Jetbike (Warlock Skyrunner only)

Special Rules:
Ancient Doom
Brotherhood of Psykers
Battle Focus
Fleet
Communion of Minds – 1-3 Level 1, 4-6 Level 2, 7+ Level 3. Generate powers for each level the unit has. Every time the Warlock Conclave loses a level select a power, the unit immediately loses that power for the rest of the game. The unit generates a Warp Charge point for each Warlock or Warlock Skyrunner in the unit, regardless of the current Psyker Mastery Level.

Psychic Powers:
Warlock Conclaves generate powers from Runes of Battle and Daemonology (Sanctic)

Other Units

Spiritseer: As the rumours say

Guardians: Can buy a Warlock Leader again and have Plasma Grenades, otherwise they are the same. Guardians are 90 points for 10 and 9 points each, Storm Guardians start in units of 8 and can add more models for 9 points each. Can purchase a Wave Serpent. Note on the Formations, they're the same as rumours except that Storm Guardians get both free Special Weapons AND free Power Swords

Rangers: 12 points each, come with Infiltrate, Move Through Cover and Shrouded start with 5 models

Jetbikes: As rumours, can buy Warlock Leader

NOTE: Exarchs are apparently 10 points now

Dire Avengers: As rumours 13 points each

Howling Banshees: As rumours 13 points each

Fire Dragons: As rumours 22 points each

Striking Scorpions: As rumours - with the correction that they get Stealth. Shrouded is gained when Infiltrating and lost after shooting or combat

Wraithguard: As rumours - 32 points each, D-Scythes 10 points per model

Wraithblades: As rumours - 30 points each

Wave Serpent: As rumours - can't say about Serpent Shield

Swooping Hawks: As rumours 16 points each, can hit Flyers and Flying Monstrous Creatures with Intercept Attack, flyers are hit on Side Armour

Warp Spiders: As rumours (I'm fairly sure), 19 points each

Crimson Hunter: As rumours

Dark Reapers: Seem to be as rumours but can't describe Reaper Rangefinder, 25 points each

Hemlock Wraithfighter: As rumours

Vypers: As rumours, 5 points for Starcannon, 10 for Scatter, 10 for underslung shuriken

Vaul's Wrath Support Battery: As Rumours, 30 points each, can buy Warlock Leader, D-Cannon 25 points

Falcons: As rumours, 125 points, free Scatter Laser, 5 for Starcannon, 5 for Bright Lance

Wraithlord: Basically the same

War Walkers: As rumours, free Scatter Laser, 5 for Starcannon, 5 for Bright Lance

Night Spinners: As rumours 100 points

Fire Prisms: As rumours, 125 points

Wraithknight: As rumours for better or worse, have to pay for shoulder weapons

Formations
Seer Council: As rumours, Farseers must join Warlocks, Warlock units must be a minimum of 5. Have them either all on foot or all on bikes. Also if it's your primary detachment you can re-roll Warlord trait.

Storm Guardian Host: As rumours, except they get free Power Swords as well as free Special Weapons

Guardian Host: As rumours

Wraith Host: As rumours

Crimson Death: As rumours, require one to be upgraded to Exarch

Dire Avenger Shrine: As rumours, requires one unit to have an Exarch

Aspect Host: As rumours, each unit must have their respective Exarch

Rules for the Warhost overall seem to be as rumours.

So some notes! The Warlock Conclave is a great way to generate Warp Charge and having the availability to splash Warlocks in to Guardian Squads and in Vaul Batteries is great. We get one Farseer mandatory and access to two more through the Seer Council, one of which can be Eldrad. So let's assume you max out Warp Charge and have a Warlock in each Guardian unit, a Seer Council with 5 Warlocks and one of the Farseers as Eldrad that's 17 Warp Charge +d6 to throw around a turn.. and a BUNCH of access to Runes of Fate.. What we need is a Gate of Infinity Destructor Council! Keeping in mind the Seer Council also harnesses on 3+ and Eldritch Storm now has Haywire and Fleshbane and is either a Large or Apocalyptic Blast AND Farseers can re-roll a single failed psychic test every turn. NOT TO MENTION Eldrad has a chance to regain Warp Charge if he exceeds the requirements of a Psychic test and everything has a Ghost Helm.

Did someone say best Psykers in the galaxy?

Other notes, Jain Zar, Karandras, Fuegan and Maugan Ra are all badasses. Karandras can wound a Gargantuan Creature on a 4+ and everything else on a 2+ with NO SAVING THROWS. THEN he gets to jump in with the Scorpions Claw. Jain Zar.. well..

More to note, mcphro has confirmed that the bonus for the Warhost is that you automatically run 6", since basically EVERYTHING has Battle Focus, you'll be able to Run 6" and Shoot or vice versa. So the entirety of our Warhost grabs 12" movement per turn? Whew..

Also I know some people have the 'dex.. feel free to pipe up with additions/corrections and clarification on Wargear!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 08:45:31 AM by Angelic »
The Dance Without End Begins..

Offline Lexicon

• Battle Brother
  • Pointy Eared and Proud
    • View Profile
    • Lexicon of Doubts
Re: Eldar Rules Translation/Confirmation
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2015, 09:07:13 AM »

Guardians: Can buy a Warlock Leader again and have Plasma Grenades, otherwise they are the same. Guardians are 90 points for 10 and 9 points each, Storm Guardians start in units of 8 and can add more models for 9 points each. Can purchase a Wave Serpent. Note on the Formations, they're the same as rumours except that Storm Guardians get both free Special Weapons AND free Power Swords

Almost makes me want to take Storm Guardians, but I just can't justify taking three units of them. I will, however, be buying Warlock leaders in every unit that I take that can have them, due to conceal being useful -and- stacking warp charges. I'm just wondering if a Warlock Conclave harnesses warp charges on a 3+, does that ability pass to a Farseer if you join the unit? That'd be amazing if it did, but I feel that is unlikely. Also I'm curious as to how the ghosthelm will work in this edition of the codex. Could bring Eldar up to being arguably more potent in the psychic phase than daemons without totally dedicating their entire list to it.

More to note, mcphro has confirmed that the bonus for the Warhost is that you automatically run 6", since basically EVERYTHING has Battle Focus, you'll be able to Run 6" and Shoot or vice versa. So the entirety of our Warhost grabs 12" movement per turn? Whew..

Ahahahahahaha, this is just great. I rely on Battle Focus to keep out of trouble whilst simultaneously whittling my opponent down, so having a guaranteed 6" run every turn is going to be a -lot- of help for me and how my army works.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 09:10:50 AM by Lexicon »
Lexicon of Doubts - My personal blog about wargaming, fiction and other interests

Collector of all things Eldar (with some minor Imperial and Chaos interests)

Offline Nebuchadnezzar

• Harlequin Scholar
  • Supporter
  • Brother Captain
  • Guardian of the Black Library of Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2015, 09:19:22 AM »
Other notes, Jain Zar, Karandras, Fuegan and Maugan Ra are all badasses. Karandras can wound a Gargantuan Creature on a 4+ and everything else on a 2+ with NO SAVING THROWS. THEN he gets to jump in with the Scorpions Claw. Jain Zar.. well..

Angelic what is your opinion for her?
I mastered the chaos in mind and soul.
I will kill you and with a beautiful laugh I will dance until I go mad.

Online mcphro

• Primarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2015, 10:26:26 AM »
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  guess what I have ...

It is definitely interesting to see the differences in the translation. As stated, pretty much everything that has been said in leaks in 100% true.

There are some interesting changes that harken back to previous edition.

e.g. Fire Prism still have the normal profile for firing. But now since you can have them in a squadron, you can choose NOT to fire the others in the squadron and up the power of the one model that is firing by 1 per model (to a Max of 10 and/ or AP 1.

e.g. 3 fire prisms. They can all see the target unit and you decide to fire the Str 5 AP 3 Large Blast template. You decide to fire only 1 of the fire prisms, using the other 2 to up the power of the original shot. So normally, Str 5 AP 3 large blast will now equal Str 7(5+2) AP 1(3-2) Large Blast... and no, you dont have to buy all 3 in the squadron.

The same style of rule exists for Night spinners that is ups the Str per vehicle that doesnt fire.

- You do have to pay for guardian platforms Unless they are taken as part of the formation where they are free.

- agree, the aspect host formation you add 1Ws or 1BS to all units in that formation. (So you take all CC or all shooting not a mix)

Aspect Host... oh yea. Beil Tan Im in love. If you take the craftworld warhost, you get auto 6" run. so if you took a few formations banshees and scorpions and the avatar... the Banshees will get 6"move + 6" run (always) +3" extra (for being banshees) = 15". In 3 turns your whole host can cover 45". Well, the banshees at any rate.

- Scorpions, a little error. First, They GET stealth. But if they infiltrate, they also get shrouded. Which is true, they loose if they fight of shoot. But you only loose Shrouded, not Stealth. The exarch is Lethal... just like a scorpions sting. Ave Int out there is 4 and his is 6. So he on average will get +2 attacks in the first round in a challenge. +1 CCW +1 charging.. the little bugger will get 6 attacks.

Swooping Hawks will have their grenade pack attack

There is still only 1 page dedicated to each craftworld :-(

Psy Pwer: Horrify - 3 to Ld!

I promised my stockist I wouldn't say too much but more people will get it over the next day or 2. I have to say, this codex had better last 3 yrs or I wont be so quick to upgrade next time. Its hard to see how you would improve on this anyway.

Quick thoughts: If they give this treatment to the other codex, itll sure make for quicker games. so many things will be dieing!
----

I am VERY HAPPY with the codex and the special rules for all units. I have not even slightly considered taking units of 10 jetbikes, or even wraithguard. the wraithknight - I love the Barbie Doll (as they call him in my club) so I have some decisions to make there. But I dont have much interest in taking the cheese. There is too many other fun things to play with. I also now have to rewrite my league tourney army.

Offline radlE

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2015, 10:30:02 AM »
  So the communion of minds rule and generating psy powers...  if I have a unit of three they will only be able to roll to gerarate one psy power for the entire unit (including the prime of course) and not roll seperatly for each warlock correct?

Offline ShadowcatX

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2015, 10:47:02 AM »
Are banshees really 13 points? ??? If so that's frightening...

Why yes, yes they are...
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 10:58:49 AM by ShadowcatX »
Everything I have ever told you, even this, is a lie.

Offline EBomb

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2015, 11:04:44 AM »
  So the communion of minds rule and generating psy powers...  if I have a unit of three they will only be able to roll to gerarate one psy power for the entire unit (including the prime of course) and not roll seperatly for each warlock correct?

Yes, that is how the rule reads to me.  1 power + primaris but you do get 3 warp charges out of it.

Are banshees really 13 points? ??? If so that's frightening...

Banshees are indeed 13 points each.

One thing I want to know is now that Sanctic demonology is a listed discipline and we can't generate Malefic powers at all do we only peril on 6s like Grey Knights or will we still peril on any doubles.

Offline Warseer_Kaelrich

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2015, 11:52:39 AM »
If th e lock squad only can generate 3 warp charges then your better off using them to attack heavy infantry, you will only ever get 1 distructor per turn as per witchfire rules.

Offline amras_falassion

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
    • Eskaywoo: Brand Strategy and Design
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2015, 12:44:22 PM »
Shining Spears?

Offline amras_falassion

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
    • Eskaywoo: Brand Strategy and Design
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2015, 12:48:39 PM »
I just wanted to chime in that with this codex, all the units seem attractive now. Previously, I would not take certain units because they were just difficult to justify investin in. Now, with the revamp I think the important thing is that all the units are good, if not great!

Offline Pdogg

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2015, 12:56:18 PM »
The funny thing is that with this dex I feel like its on par with the necrons now. Yes some things seem more broken than crons but also vica versa. The wraith knight is like what they did to canoptic wraiths.

Online mcphro

• Primarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2015, 05:48:25 PM »
The funny thing is that with this dex I feel like its on par with the necrons now. Yes some things seem more broken than crons but also vica versa. The wraith knight is like what they did to canoptic wraiths.

If I had a choice, I think Destroyer weapons should only be in Apox games and not 40k. I think Destroyer weapons should be Str 10 AP 1... I mean in 40 thats enough to pen, deny armour saves anyway and people would be fine with that. And as for giving multiple wounds, Unless its toughness 6 its Instant kill anyway.

The arguement online about destroyer weapons are bad, is that they arent really any more different then Str 10 AP 1. Where they ARE different is the auto penning vehicles. And even then, you take 1 D3 hit per weapon. So a wraithknight shooting a land raid might only do 2 HP damage from both weapons. My last game on Saturday I has a fire prism take out a landraider first hit, penned, rolled a '6' didnt I...

so its not too bad.

Online mcphro

• Primarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2015, 06:03:22 PM »
You can do the Wraith formation for 1016 points...

1 Spiritseer
3 units of wraithguard
1 Wraithlord
1 Wraithknight

and they all reroll 1's....

leaving you 500- 800 points for any other goodies. Considereing the fact they are all T6 and above, a nice solid core that can advance and own the middle of the board.

Offline Pdogg

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2015, 06:13:01 PM »
For tourneys that ban S:D i agree mcphro that S10 AP1 would be fair, the ap1 would give it a bit of extra kick vs vehicles. They could even give another bonus like -1 to cover saves(not ignore cover) and 6 is instadeath.

The whole jetbike thing could be fixed by enacting the 1 in 3 rule for them.

Having a max 1 wraithknight rule with the fixes above it would be fine dex for tourneys and still be balanced and not unbeatable.

Offline ShadowcatX

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2015, 06:18:34 PM »
You can do the Wraith formation for 1016 points...

1 Spiritseer
3 units of wraithguard
1 Wraithlord
1 Wraithknight

and they all reroll 1's....

leaving you 500- 800 points for any other goodies. Considereing the fact they are all T6 and above, a nice solid core that can advance and own the middle of the board.

2 Units of wraithblades would drop that below 1,000 if they are allowed and provide invulnerable saves.
Everything I have ever told you, even this, is a lie.