Author Topic: The Nebuchadnezzar Masquerade (Harlequin/Eldar Log)  (Read 6160 times)

Offline Nebuchadnezzar

• Harlequin Scholar
  • Supporter
  • Brother Captain
  • Guardian of the Black Library of Chaos
    • View Profile
The Nebuchadnezzar Masquerade (Harlequin/Eldar Log)
« on: April 23, 2015, 08:17:53 AM »
So guys this is whata I'm going to use. I want as the primary detachment the Harlequin detachment and the Eldar as back up.

Harlequins

1 Solitaire

1 Shadowseer (level 1, Mask of secrets)

1 Shadowseer (level 1)

4 Players with 1 Master (all Caress in Starweaver)

6 Players with 1 Master (all Caress)

6 Players with 1 Master (all Caress, Starmist Raiment(in Warlord))

2x 2 Skyweavers (Zephyrglaive, Shuriken cannon)

1 Voidweaver (Haywire cannon)

Eldar

1 Farseer (Jetbike, Spirit Stone)

1 Autarch (Jetbike, Banshee Mask, Laser Lance)

2x 3 Jetbikes (all Shuriken cannon)

1 Wraithguards (Wraithcannon, Wave Serpent (Brightlance))

Two troupes of Harlequins on foot with the Veil of their Shadowseers, moving 6'' + Run + Charge. 3+ invu for the Warlord and Fearless, -2 Ld from the Mask. Solitaire + the Starweaver Harlequins + the Skyweavers to charge all together for having as less as possible overwatch damage + having the Autarch preventing the enemy units from overwatch. I want the Farseer firstly for the Warp charges and also for Guide Wraithguards as my main antivehicle unit and Eldrich Storm whatever he can. He is going to be a small unit hiding from the enemy. Wraiths have their Wve Serpent for the movability and the Jetbikes(as the cheapest troupe choise...because I can't spent more points to the Eldar detachment but having some dakka dakka) running across the table as a pain in the ass. To say the truth I'm kind of disapointed from that list because I had to play with what I had in my case so I couldn't have the fluff I wanted (no points or money to spend for Jain Zar or a warlock conclave, a flyier, or even to the 3 death jesters I have). I tried to fill the holes that the Harlequin detachment has (Warp charges, something heavy). What's your opinion?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 03:28:59 PM by Nebuchadnezzar »
  • Eldar:3000pt Harlequins:2000pt
I mastered the chaos in mind and soul.
I will kill you and with a beautiful laugh I will dance until I go mad.

Offline Gobbitas

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Re: First try. Harlequin-New Eldar codex
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 09:00:08 AM »
I tried to fill the holes that the Harlequin detachment has (Warp charges, something heavy). What's your opinion?

I'd switch to prismatic cannon on Voidweaver a single haywire shot won't do anything significant, meanwhile a large blast is pretty useful against hordes. Talking about dealing with hordes, I'd arm one unit with Embraces exclusively, making it a dedicated anti-horde unit, and would put a Warlord Troupe master with Starmist Rainment in it too it meshes very well with how Embraces function, as you would run with this unit most of the time anyway just to maximize the number of HoW hits.

However, in my opinion the biggest weakness of Harlequins is a total lack of reliable anti-air and your list fails at it too. My first impression is that the Crimson Hunter formation could be the best solution for Harlequins, as it provides a very solid air control plus some serious ranged anti-vehicle firepower.

Offline Nebuchadnezzar

• Harlequin Scholar
  • Supporter
  • Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 09:44:22 AM »
I tried to fill the holes that the Harlequin detachment has (Warp charges, something heavy). What's your opinion?

I'd switch to prismatic cannon on Voidweaver a single haywire shot won't do anything significant, meanwhile a large blast is pretty useful against hordes. Talking about dealing with hordes, I'd arm one unit with Embraces exclusively, making it a dedicated anti-horde unit, and would put a Warlord Troupe master with Starmist Rainment in it too it meshes very well with how Embraces function, as you would run with this unit most of the time anyway just to maximize the number of HoW hits.

However, in my opinion the biggest weakness of Harlequins is a total lack of reliable anti-air and your list fails at it too. My first impression is that the Crimson Hunter formation could be the best solution for Harlequins, as it provides a very solid air control plus some serious ranged anti-vehicle firepower.

I had that thought for the embrace and I am going to try it even if in my club therere are mostly elite armies. For the flyier you are right but I am going to try the guided wraithguards and if this is not good enough I sould buy one

Offline Nebuchadnezzar

• Harlequin Scholar
  • Supporter
  • Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2015, 01:16:25 PM »
Talking about dealing with hordes, I'd arm one unit with Embraces exclusively, making it a dedicated anti-horde unit, and would put a Warlord Troupe master with Starmist Rainment in it too it meshes very well with how Embraces function, as you would run with this unit most of the time anyway just to maximize the number of HoW hits.

Please explain to me how running maximizes the number of HoW attacks.

Offline ShadowcatX

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2015, 02:02:46 PM »
Talking about dealing with hordes, I'd arm one unit with Embraces exclusively, making it a dedicated anti-horde unit, and would put a Warlord Troupe master with Starmist Rainment in it too it meshes very well with how Embraces function, as you would run with this unit most of the time anyway just to maximize the number of HoW hits.

Please explain to me how running maximizes the number of HoW attacks.

It gets more models into range on the charge. Gotta get in base to base after all.
Everything I have ever told you, even this, is a lie.

Offline Nebuchadnezzar

• Harlequin Scholar
  • Supporter
  • Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2015, 04:32:47 AM »
I will field one of the foot harlies unit with embrace And with these points I will change the haywire of voidweaver. I test this list in a few days. As antiflyier support I am going to use the wraithguards. I think that the autarch is going to be a huge help for harlies, especially against tau.

Offline Nebuchadnezzar

• Harlequin Scholar
  • Supporter
  • Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2015, 05:26:08 AM »
Unfortunately I don't have a battle report to post here.... I could'n fina the time for a real game but I had some small, testing, brainstorming games with friends of mine and the results proved me wrong... Tha autarch with the no overwatch mask... can...not do what I was thinking...especially against tau... he charges to one unit, no overwatch, tha harlies charge and they get overwatched from every other unit with that #@@%# rule of tau, so I decided to exploit these 100 points for the survivability of the harlies. plus 2 harlies and 2 mastery levels for the shadowseers.

In addition, inspired by the hammer and anvil idea I'll use the night spinner squadron.

The list

Harlequins

1 Solitaire

1 Shadowseer (level 2, Mask of secrets)

1 Shadowseer (level 2)

4 Players with 1 Master (all Caress in Starweaver)

7 Players with 1 Master (all Embrace)

7 Players with 1 Master (all Caress, Starmist Raiment(in Warlord))

2x 2 Skyweavers (Zephyrglaive, Shuriken cannon)

1 Voidweaver (Haywire cannon)

Eldar

1 Farseer (Jetbike, Spirit Stone)

2x 3 Jetbikes (all Scatter laser)

1x 3 Night spinners

So 3 large blasts str 9 monofilament barrages to bomb the field before all the cc units take out the leftovers.

Offline Nebuchadnezzar

• Harlequin Scholar
  • Supporter
  • Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2015, 12:52:13 PM »
Hi guys! In the past few days I played two games against the same grey knights army and I would like to share with you the results and my aftergame thoughts. Unfortunately I don't remember everything to post a proper battle report but I will try to give you the general picture of the battles.

Firstly the lists.

Harlequins/Eldar

1 Solitaire
1x 7 players with 1 troupe master(warlord) all caress with the 3+ invu artifact and 1 lvl2 shadowseer with the mask
1x 4 players with 1 troupe master all caress in starweaver
1x 7 players with 1 troupe master all embrace with 1 lvl2 shadowseer.
2x2 skyweavers with zephyrglaves
1 voidweaver
+
1farseer on jetbike with spirit stone of anath'lan
2x3 jetbikes with scatter
3 nightspinners for the blasts.

Grey knights

1 storm raiven with many things on it
2 strike squads
1x5 terminators in land raider
2 dreadknights with silencers I think
1 librarian as warlord and one or two units that I don't remember of.

First battle

He played first without doing anything. He moved the dreadknights in the front and the solitaire and the skyweavers killed them. The solitaire destroyed the land raider and killed in shooting phase. The troupes did their part. Alive for many rounds they did a lot of damage to the enemy ranks. Unfortunately the jetbikes and the vehicles were the main target of the enemy so the nightspinners at the end were stunned. When the 4 round started the enemy had lost 700 to 800 points and me only 450. I was very unlucky to the missions so I lost 9 to 12.

Second battle

The only thing that I changed were the shuriken cannons of the skyweavers to haywire and the zephyrglaives to star bolas because I wanted a true antitank unit and not having the dilemma of charging or not with them.

So... I tabled him at the start of the 4 round losing only three jetbikes and 5 players. The solitaire killed one dreadknight the land raider and one strike squad. 3 jetbikes killed the other dreadknight and half the terminators. Harlies killed everything else.

Yesterday we played 4000 points me + tau against 4000 points imperials + grey knights. I used the formation with the three death jesters(they delivered  enough death and panic among the enemy units) for the reroll of the 1invu and It was a successful test but I want some time to write a battle report for this 8 hours game...

My thoughts

I am happy with this army and the operation of it. I know that I am weak against flyers (even if the guided jetbikes are awesome) but except that is an all around army. The truth is that I have not try this list against a competitive opponent and I want it because I want to test it against someone with experience.

Your thoughts.

Offline Player 1

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2015, 10:42:49 PM »
I main the Gnarly-quins and I think you're right about some guided bikes, but only guiding 1 unit of 3 scatter bikes may be relying too heavily on luck. It's very uplifting to hear that your solitaire did so well! I've been side-stepping a buddy with his GK and this makes me a happy panda. Was your Nightspinners doing well? I've never had good uses with them and I'm afraid that with quins they do poorly.

Offline Nebuchadnezzar

• Harlequin Scholar
  • Supporter
  • Brother Captain
    • View Profile
The Nebuchadnezzar Masquerade (Harlequin/Eldar Log)
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2015, 12:58:30 AM »
For the Nightspinners, they play the role of the cannons that blast the enemy and prepare the field for the harlies. Three str 9 ap 6 large blasts barrage monofilament is goooood! next week I am going to test something else. We all know that many harlies die on their way to the battle so to save some points three in each big unit won't have any weapon.

Now there are two options. The first, if I drop one unit of jetbikes, is one crimson hunter. The second is to drop only the nightspinners and have one crimson hunter exarch and one hemlock wraithfighter that would be an awesome  addition to all the -ld and psychic shriek but it couldn't survive alone. So that is going to be my list.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 03:27:26 PM by Nebuchadnezzar »

Offline Nebuchadnezzar

• Harlequin Scholar
  • Supporter
  • Brother Captain
    • View Profile
Re: The Nebuchadnezzar Masquerade (Harlequin/Eldar Log)
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2015, 03:27:38 PM »
I know that this post should be a battle report or I should post the photos to the terrain section but I will post them all here. I just played against tau. We stopped the game to the third round because we had to leave but the result was already decisive. I won 14 to 10 points. I had the +4 to seize initiative and I rolled a 1... The mvp of the game was the nighspinner and the barrage that killes aun va and the longstride vehicle  in the first round. the krouts outflanked the second round together with some suites and they destroyed two of three nightspinners but the third burned the with it's template. I was lucky enough with the powers and I had an invisible  starweaver turboboosting forward to deliver the harlequins next to the riptide. Finally the veil of tears was very effective as he couldn't hit the rest of the units(exept of the solitaire who was killed in the second round ) and that disabled his range. It was a nice game. I hope that you like the terrain. I managed to defend the eldar ritual ground!

Offline Nebuchadnezzar

• Harlequin Scholar
  • Supporter
  • Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2015, 03:33:16 PM »
Continue

Offline Nebuchadnezzar

• Harlequin Scholar
  • Supporter
  • Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2015, 04:44:27 AM »
Yesterday again I played against grey knights. I was lucky enough to seize the initiative. I tried to drop the nightspinners and put in the list one hemlock and one crimson hunter. It was a nice game. I tabled my opponent at the start of the second round. The -2ld from the hemlock plush the -2 from the mask was fantastic! In the next game I will try to field two hemlocks so 5 psychic shrieks and -6ld.

Offline embolden

• Grand Master
  • Harlequin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2015, 06:36:20 AM »
Yesterday again I played against grey knights. I was lucky enough to seize the initiative. I tried to drop the nightspinners and put in the list one hemlock and one crimson hunter. It was a nice game. I tabled my opponent at the start of the second round. The -2ld from the hemlock plush the -2 from the mask was fantastic! In the next game I will try to field two hemlocks so 5 psychic shrieks and -6ld.

With out the rules, I'm 99% sure Hemlocks don't reduce the LD for Shrieks  :P
AKA: Rob

Element Games Referral Code: ROB745

Embolden Eldar Log

Offline Nebuchadnezzar

• Harlequin Scholar
  • Supporter
  • Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2015, 07:30:39 AM »
You destroyed my day... but you're right! probably I will go back to the nightspinners.