Poll

Which of these chaos machines should I paint?

Land raider!
2 (40%)
Vindicator + Predator combo!
1 (20%)
Defiler!
1 (20%)
Forgefiend!
1 (20%)
Heldrake!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: April 26, 2015, 06:17:07 AM

Author Topic: Personal Painting Challenge 2, Heavy Metal!  (Read 2516 times)

Offline TheFallenStar

• Brother Captain
  • I have a strong interest in Voodoo.
    • View Profile
Personal Painting Challenge 2, Heavy Metal!
« on: April 24, 2015, 06:17:07 AM »
That's right it's time again for another personal painting challenge!!!

For the full list of details to this challenge check out my first post here: http://thewarmaster.com/index.php?topic=5516.0

The gist of it is this is a personal speed painting challenge to motivate me and get my army painted faster!

All I gotta do is paint up the winner of this poll in one week for the challenge to be declared a success. If I should fail, one lucky voter will get a special prize ;)
(Check the earlier post)

The contestants this time around are elements from my heavy machinery. It felt like the armoured dudes needed some love.

All the units have been primed and are ready to be painted!

Vote now and cheer for my success! Or cheer for my failure and your own potential reward ;)

Pics down below!
The first is just a sample of what each will be painted too.
Second is a group shot of all the contestants.
And last is of the land raider.

Offline TheFallenStar

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Personal Painting Challenge 2, Heavy Metal!
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 06:20:49 AM »
More pics!

The first two are of the vindicator and predator tanks.
Then it's the defiler.

Offline TheFallenStar

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2015, 06:22:28 AM »
And last of the contestants are the daemon engines! My forgefiend and heldrake!

Offline Fritz40K

• ADMIN
  • Primarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2015, 06:54:51 AM »
My vote is for the Chaos Vindicator- I'm painting up one now for my Berserkers of Skallatrax and can use some motivation...

Offline Exalted of the First Host

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2015, 03:58:21 PM »
First one to say forgefiend! I find them to actually be incredibly useful with 2 hades autocannons and the ectoplasma cannon sitting backfield on an objective shooting stuff. Plus they are one of my favorite models in the codex.
10 wounds, 10 saves, 10 1's, One epic misfire.

Offline TheFallenStar

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2015, 04:49:28 PM »
First one to say forgefiend! I find them to actually be incredibly useful with 2 hades autocannons and the ectoplasma cannon sitting backfield on an objective shooting stuff. Plus they are one of my favorite models in the codex.

They are pretty useful. I haven't ran mine as a maulerfiend yet, but I do like their mid field potential.

So far it's looking like Land raider is gonna win. The bigger poll on my google+ page is also favoring the big LR.

But remember that votes from both here and there will be added together for the final tally. And last time the extra votes from here tipped the scales to make my troop choice the victor. So a few more votes from here could change the final decision.
So far Heldrake is in second place, only behind by 2 votes.

Offline TheFallenStar

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2015, 11:31:32 PM »
And that's it, the polls are now closed!

With a total of 21 votes (2 from here, 19 from my google+ poll) the winner of this challenge is the Land Raider!!!

*crowds cheering*

Thank you everyone who voted for participating in my second personal painting challenge.

Now I'll have one week to speed paint this land raider to completion. I'm really excited to paint this beast. I'm still pretty new to painting big models but this'll be fun all the same.

What do you guys think of this for tank flair: Khorne in the streets, Slaanesh in the sheets!

Offline Exalted of the First Host

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2015, 07:59:46 AM »
I say khorne in the streets, it's my favorite chaos god and slaanesh are our enemies, we hate them.
10 wounds, 10 saves, 10 1's, One epic misfire.

Offline TheFallenStar

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2015, 11:04:30 PM »
BOOM!!!!
Half an hour to spare and my second PPC is a success!!!!!!

(And the crowd goes wild!)

Ahhh man that one was a grind. But honestly once I got past painting the main body colors, getting all the small details like the mud, weathering, chips and --- done was way more fun then I thought I'd be.

Overall I'm very happy with it. The Forgelord will ride this thing into battle with pride.

The only thing I wish I could've done differently is that dam nurgle abomination on the side. I don't know what I was thinking years ago to glue that crap on. It ended up coming out not too bad, but I feel like it would've been completely fine without it.

In the end I scraped the idea of edge highlights. I did a few practice ones on one of my rhinos and it ended up looking too clean and shiny for my liking. I like my CSM to look dirty and grimy. So I just focused more on the chipped weathering. Maybe later down the road if I find a nice highlighting color I might go back to this. But for now it's badass.

Whelp that's week 2 all wrapped up. Hope you enjoyed my frantic painting this week. And better luck next time you would be FailWinners.
Please feel free to comment and CC my work as I'm always looking for pointers and ideas.

Gonna take a break before I throw up another challenge.

I gotta say I'm really liking this PPC. Really motivating seeing what you can do under a little pressure.