Author Topic: Adding A Portal To The Main Page?  (Read 845 times)

Offline Fritz40K

• ADMIN
  • Primarch
    • View Profile
Adding A Portal To The Main Page?
« on: April 29, 2015, 01:07:02 PM »
Looking for some feedback from the members and users here, as I'm getting ready for the next round of updates to the forum. Many are behind the scenes to make the forum faster and catch up to our growing media demands- all tech-priest approved.

I wanted to ask about adding a portal page to the forum using this mod:

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1104

Much like Dakkka and many of the other big forums the main landing page of the site would now be a portal where you would see not only the most recent and trending posts, but also a chat, image gallery, and have a better user experience in managing your forum mail and private messages.

There would also be a link to then display the "classic" view of the forum which we see here now every day.

Thoughts?
Though my men may sleep, and my ships rest at anchor, my foes know full well that big guns never tire...

Offline Meros

• Brother Captain
  • Part dæmon and proud of it.
    • View Profile
    • My Horus Heresy blog
Re: Adding A Portal To The Main Page?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 01:37:25 PM »
I quite like the main home page for the forum, but this might be more effective for the sub forums: Faction sub-forums (Eldar, Necron, Space Marine etc), Painting, Conversions etc. this might be more effective as the images provided and trending topics would be relevant to the forum you are looking at.
http://Www.the-newzealand-wordbearer.blogspot.co.nz
My Horus Heresy blog.

We are all minions of the dark gods, one part in their great game

Offline Exalted of the First Host

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Re: Adding A Portal To The Main Page?
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 01:45:08 PM »
Personally I think the current home page functions great and provides a wonderful user experience however i would be open to change, it will be nice to see how the forum could transform and if it did make it easier to navigate etc. i'm sure it would be appreciated.
10 wounds, 10 saves, 10 1's, One epic misfire.