Author Topic: Just bought Execution Force.  (Read 1490 times)

Offline TheFallenStar

• Brother Captain
  • I have a strong interest in Voodoo.
    • View Profile
Just bought Execution Force.
« on: May 04, 2015, 06:20:37 PM »
So I caved and bought the new GW board game Execution Force. It's very similar play to Space Hulk.

Now I bought this for a few reasons, most of which were because the assassin units are op and I wanted them for my actual 40k army :3
The second was because I play chaos so I can always use more cultists and another lord.
And last because after looking really in depth to the game itself, it looks like it could be tons of fun.

So I haven't actually assembled the whole thing yet, gonna be doing that most of this week. Then hopefully get a game in this weekend.

The models themselves are really detailed. Except for the CSM troops and cultists which are just the snap fit models. You do however get a full chaos lord kit in the box, so that's awesome.

I'm really looking forward to trying out the assassin models in a 40k match. I didn't have the official rules for the assassins, but I found out that White Dwarf issue 65 has the rules for each unit. And even though I missed my chance to pick up the actual paper copy in stores, the digital version is available online through Black Library. So I picked that up for 5$.

I wonder if the people who bought the data slate for 20$ feel like they the short end of the deal....what else even comes with the official assassins data slate? Cause the White Dwarf only has the rules for the 4 assassins and it's one formation. Like that's all I'm really gonna use in 40k matches, but if there are other rules in the data slate can someone let me know? More curious then anything.

But anyway, I bought the game set and the White Dwarf for the rules, so now I'm wondering, how do you guys use your assassins?

After a quick glance at all their rules these assassins are sick! The Vin sniper with his epic long range destruction, the Anti psyker for all you Grey Knight players, the Eversor brute, all of them are brutally strong. I really look forward to trying each one out.

Offline Dirty Harry

• Marshal of the Phoenician Crusade
  • Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
  • I'lll abhor the $#!7 out of that witch!
    • View Profile
Re: Just bought Execution Force.
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2015, 06:24:52 PM »
I'm conflicted. The assassin models look sweet, but I wanna convert my own assassins and make them look like deadpool.
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.

Offline TheFallenStar

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2015, 01:05:58 AM »
There's this guy I've been following on google+ that has made two great custom assassins so far. All out of fantasy and dark Eldar bits.

I don't have the parts or drive enough to convert 4 custom assassins. I've been trying to focus on my painting these last few weeks.
And as much as I'd love to have my own chaosy assassins, the new GW plastic ones are a great compromise.

Haven't figured out any fluffy reason why the assassins would work for my chaos legion yet. Still working out the details.

Offline Dirty Harry

• Marshal of the Phoenician Crusade
  • Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
  • I'lll abhor the $#!7 out of that witch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2015, 07:27:49 AM »
What's to stop an assassin from turning rogue and selling themselves out to renegades?
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.

Offline TheFallenStar

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2015, 09:26:35 PM »
After reading the HH novel Nemesis, and some of the fluff for Executioners Force, the assassins of the imperium are very devoute in their defence of mankind.

These guys are highly trained and indoctrined to serve the Imperium to their death.

The only time I've read about an assassin turning rogue was a Vin assassin that got stuck on the Vengful Spirit and was pretty much mentally broken by the ships corruption. Then Horus himself offered the Vindicare the opportunity to work for him. And he took it.

I tried to think that possibly the other assassins could be turned through sorcery. But with the Culexus assassin in close proximity, psyker conditioning wouldn't be a long lasting option.

The Eversor would be an easy one to exploit. They're practically Khorne Berzerkers with how their brain chemistry works. The helmet and targeting systems simply wake up the sleeping brute, point out targets and let him do his thing. With some clever re-wiring of his systems (from the Smith himself) one could easily target Imperial citizens and call them renegades.

The others though are still a problem....
I'm sure I'll think of something.