Author Topic: Black Templars in their own book again?  (Read 1281 times)

Offline Dirty Harry

• Marshal of the Phoenician Crusade
  • Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
  • I'lll abhor the $#!7 out of that witch!
    • View Profile
Black Templars in their own book again?
« on: May 06, 2015, 01:39:20 PM »
Its still unconfirmed but there's been scuttlebutt on the news and rumors websites that with the upcoming Codex: Space Marines update, both Legion of the Damned as well as Black Templars are being dropped. I know with that in mind many Templars players are worried about Templars getting squatted. I can at least confidently say that GW has said time and time again that GW doesn't plan on dropping support for armies any time soon. So with that said, how would you guys feel about being moved to a separate book again? I expect a sort of mini dex out of this, much like skitarri and cult mechanicus. Thoughts? Comments? Criticisms?
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.

Offline Izzycat218

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Re: Black Templars in their own book again?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 04:52:23 PM »
I could see a crusading chapter mini dex with focus on Templars. Seems like Sentinels of Terra was supposed to be about BT but they switched to IF at the last minute to sell centurions. Either way I would like to see blessed hulls to be brought back even it'll it's turned into a relic. I also like some kind of buff to make assault Eldar and Dark Eldar more viable. Every time I try their faster initiative wipes my squads befor I can attack. Otherwise I'm open to just about anything as long as we don't loose tons of stuff in the process.

Offline Hawkeye299

• The Hawkboss
  • Global Moderator
  • Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2015, 08:44:35 AM »
I think if we could gain some of the special stuff from the old 4th ed codex (such as vows), some cool relics and something to help assault, but keep a lot of our unit options from the 6th ed marine codex i would be happy.

here's hoping for a nice full codex like Dark/Blood angels, but a mini dex would do just fine too :D

Offline Dirty Harry

• Marshal of the Phoenician Crusade
  • Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
  • I'lll abhor the $#!7 out of that witch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2015, 06:59:09 PM »
Yeah, minibook would be cool. Maybe get a few neat relics, some adjustments to make Helbrecht a little better.
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.