Poll

What should I try to speed paint in 2 weeks?

Blood Angels.
3 (100%)
Tyrannid Genestealers.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: May 10, 2015, 03:01:27 AM

Author Topic: Vote NOW for my third Personal Painting Challenge! Space Hulk!  (Read 1298 times)

Offline TheFallenStar

• Brother Captain
  • I have a strong interest in Voodoo.
    • View Profile
Welcome to another poll for the Personal Painting Challenge!!!

If you're new to my this, I reccomend you check out my earlier posts for full contest details and rules.

This is a special challenge for two reasons. Firstly, the things I'll be trying to paint are not from my CSM army, but in fact from my Space Hulk set. Secondly, this will be a much more difficult event, because this speed painting round will last a whole two weeks! Thats right, this'll be the first ever Two week long Personal Painting challenge!

Why the extra week you ask? Well because last weekend, I bought myself the new GW board game Executioners Force. I built up the assassin models (and they're so badass ^_^) and had alot of fun playing a few games. But while playing, I felt bad for my old unfinished space hulk set collecting dust in the corner. The only models that are actually painted are the members of Squad Lorenzo (5 Blood Angel Terminators for those who are unfamiliar) and 6 of the Genestealers models. I was working on it when SH first came out, but like with all my projects, got sweep under the rug.

But no more! I've decided that before I even put paint to anything in the Executioners Force, I will finally finish my Space Hulk set and have it 100% finished. I still have alot of models to paint, so I'll need an extra week to paint the rest of whatever side wins.

Just like every PPC voting will only last 2 days (May 8th - May 9th at 11:59pm for this one). Votes will be calculated from this poll and one other at www.TheWarmaster.com. The total vote count frome both sources will decide the victor. I will then have 2 weeks (May 10th - May 23rd at 11:59pm) to paint whomever had the most votes.

Now this two week challenge will only focus on one set of models. So which ever side losses will just have to stay on the benches for awhile before I start up another challenge.

This week/s PPC contestants are split into 2 groups, the Red Corner and the Blue Corner.

The first group cheering for you votes in the Red Corner are the Blood Angel Terminators! This group consists of the 5 members of Squad Gideon, Brother Claudio with his lightning claws, and Lexicanium Calistarius the Librarian. All for a total of 7 Terminators. It may not sound like much for a challenge, but for anyone who has ever painted anything Blood Angel like, these guys are decked out in all kinds of bling. Gold, purity seals, gems, the whole nine. The small details on these guys will take some time to paint. Quality over quantity.

But the second group has its strength in numbers, because in the Blue corner we have the Space Hulk Genestealers!! This group consists of 1 Genestealer Broodlord (hes massive and awesome) and 16 regular stealer models. A total of 17 models to paint.... mother of Terra....
Now even though there are alot of these guys, the paint scheme is pretty simple. Purple skin, blue armor, some basic highlights and the metal parts they're standing on. Real simple stuff, but its the numbers that might kill me in the end. Hence the two weeks.

So who would you like to see me speed paint this time in the 3rd PPC? The elegant and pretty Blood Angel Terminators in all their glory, or the massive Genestealer hoard ready to tear your limbs off. You decide!

Offline TheFallenStar

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Vote NOW for my third Personal Painting Challenge! Space Hulk!
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2015, 03:57:50 PM »
So with the added votes from my Google+ profile it looks like the space hulk Blood Angels take the win!

Starting Mother's Day I'll have two weeks to speed paint these fabulous space vampires to completion.

Wish me luck, or wish for my failure :P

Offline TheFallenStar

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Vote NOW for my third Personal Painting Challenge! Space Hulk!
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 12:51:58 AM »
Gonna be honest, I didn't get much painted at all last week. Basically wasted it.

So I'm really gonna have to buckle down and get these terminators painted up ASAP.

So far I got the librarian mostly done. Gotta do highlights and gems still, but after that I'll move onto the next one.