Author Topic: The Swarm  (Read 1888 times)

Offline Leftovers44

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
The Swarm
« on: May 12, 2015, 10:36:50 AM »
So, if all goes right tomorrow I will be playing a game of 10k points versus Tyranid.

Now I am a little excited about seeing the many models on the table, even if the stuff I am going to be fielding isn't painted yet but I am slowly but surely working on it. I'll try and get some pictures of the game for you guys here on the forum.

Armies we are going to have to play against the nids is about 2k points of Sisters of Battle, 2k points of Blood Angels, 3k points of Dark Angels, and 3k points of Space Wolves. Hopefully we are able to hold out or even purge the nids from the planet before they eat everything.

Any of you guys fielded huge swarms of nids before to get some tasty biomass, or just other fun tyranid games or stories you want to share?

Offline Meros

• Brother Captain
  • Part dæmon and proud of it.
    • View Profile
    • My Horus Heresy blog
Re: The Swarm
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 01:43:34 PM »
Was playing against 3000 points of tau. Genestealers came in through a ruin and were fogotten by my opponent. He then moved up his fire warriors with an ethereal, wiped them out and then survived the return fire turn 3 and went on to murder his warlord unit turn 4 with an unhealthy amount of rending hits. Didn't finish the game as we ran out of time, defiantly the highlight of the game.
http://Www.the-newzealand-wordbearer.blogspot.co.nz
My Horus Heresy blog.

We are all minions of the dark gods, one part in their great game

Offline Leftovers44

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2015, 04:08:54 PM »
A lot of bad things can happen if you ignore Genestealers in your base, and I forgot that they could rend. That is kind of horrifying, took care of the tau gunline I bet.

Offline Meros

• Brother Captain
  • Part dæmon and proud of it.
    • View Profile
    • My Horus Heresy blog
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2015, 04:21:11 PM »
Haha yeah rending was brutal, unit of battle suits were shredded into tiny pieces, an long with 20 warriors and an ethereal so warlord and assassinate and blood and guts from one unit and SO MUCH DRAWN FIRE POWER haunts just over ran his pathfinders and then fire warriors because they were out of marker lights and I was in a ruin next to my warlord with the stealth in ruins trait. He did have that FW riptide so that would have hurt turn 4 but the store closed just in time  ;)
http://Www.the-newzealand-wordbearer.blogspot.co.nz
My Horus Heresy blog.

We are all minions of the dark gods, one part in their great game

Offline Leftovers44

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2015, 07:47:58 AM »
I got some pictures from that unholy night of war. Sadly it was cut down from 10k points to 8k points and instead of getting 3k of space wolf allies we got 1k of guard, so far still not a fan of guard. Hey lets put a blast template in our base and scatter onto are allies or lets shoot 20 dice into the grounded flying hive tyrant with two wounds that the terminators are going to assault and kill anyway. Still had fun, just thought it was lame to have my death company kill a flying hive tyrant and die to 10 gaunts in the assault. Sorry in advance for some badly focused images.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 07:50:21 AM by Leftovers44 »

Offline Leftovers44

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2015, 07:53:36 AM »
More pictures from the game, we only made it to the beginning of turn 3 before we had to leave. Ended up starting the game a little later than planned  but it was still fun.