Author Topic: Spacemarinedude92's WIP ATC 1850 Deathwing with Space Wolves allies  (Read 1221 times)

Offline Spacemarinedude92

• Initiate
    • View Profile
The models that I'll be working on up to the deadline for the tournament are the Blood Claws, Bjorn, Stormfang, and the Stormwolf. The Dark Angel part of this list was already finished from last year. All of the models has been assembled except for the Stormwolf which I'll get to after painting the rest of the force. Since the deathwing part has some sort of temple basing I'm considering doing that except with some snow added to make them diverse but at the same time unifying. In the current stage I'm working on the main armour which will be P3 cygnar blue base wet blended into P3 frostbite. Enjoy the pics and I'll post more up as I get further to completion.

The only thing that I haven't decided on is that I should do metallic or non metallic, what you guys think?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 03:47:48 PM by Spacemarinedude92 »

Offline MrSalamanders

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Re: Spacemarinedude92's WIP ATC 2015 Space Wolves allies
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 07:42:38 PM »
I like the cool blue on your Spacewolves. Nice transition of hues too. As for the non metallic how much time do you have until the deadline. And how much trim and gold parts do you have to paint might take a bit of time. But so far it looks great. If you got two models to spare you might want to do 2 test model with true metallics and NMM. With the non metallics you have more control with highlighting and different shades of gold to best compliment the main color of your force. A too yellowy gold might make the blue slightly green/ turquoise where as a slightly orange/redder tint of gold will make the base color bluer. Keep posting, they are looking nice.

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2015, 10:26:18 AM »
Thanks I just thought the other choice is the combination of the two I still have the shine of metallic but also the transition of nonmetallic.
As far as deadline I have until the 24th of july.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 10:27:52 AM by Spacemarinedude92 »

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 06:37:06 AM »
Been getting more work done I decided to go for non metallic and currently working on the gold. So far this is the color I'm going for the gold.