Author Topic: What's best black templar hq  (Read 2704 times)

Offline Southendangel

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
What's best black templar hq
« on: July 12, 2015, 01:05:32 PM »
I was wondering what the best black templar HQ is what is best used and what do you have ether most fun with or must auccess.

Offline Dirty Harry

• Marshal of the Phoenician Crusade
  • Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
  • I'lll abhor the $#!7 out of that witch!
    • View Profile
Re: What's best black templar hq
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2015, 07:41:56 PM »
Best HQ choice will probably be the build your own captain or chaplain. My personal preference is the emperor's champ, because I like his challenge abilities. Helbrecht is good if you wanna play hordes or land raider rush. Grimaldus works for mass bodies as well because he can take servitors with a feel no pain bubble, as well as a zealot bubble.
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.

Offline Southendangel

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2015, 10:04:55 PM »
They all sound good I like the emporors champion too the modle I'd amazing I realy love the new sm codex the veriaty choose and flexablity realy make the army your own. How dose the feel no pain bubble work any idea ? I wasent sure

Offline will

• Supporter
  • Initiate
  • Strength and honor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2015, 01:29:11 AM »
The feel no pain allows you can take a die roll against an unsaved wound, page 164 in the rule book, this die roll can't be taken against D weapons.

Offline Dirty Harry

• Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2015, 02:55:15 AM »
Yeah, the feel no pain is a 6 in bubble centered over each cenobyte servitor. If you put the servitors inside a Land Raider Crusader, then you can measure 6 in from the hull. It's ideal if you're bum rushing enemy lines with big squads.
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.

Offline Izzycat218

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2015, 09:20:05 AM »
I think helbrect's fleet and hatred army wide for a turn is the best thing from the Hq section.

Offline Lakey Wargames

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
    • Lakey Wargames Youtube Page
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2015, 01:17:07 PM »
HQ choice all depends on your armies play style. The chosen HQ will then be able to use his special rules or fighting skills to for-fill the role you've given him.

For me personally I take Grimaldus and a single servitor, chuck them in a landraider crusader along with 10 marines and 3 scouts. They ride up as fast as possible into the enemy's front lines and then when the chance strikes, jump out and start killing as much infantry as they can find (Example: Fire warriors, Guardsmen, Tactical Marines) The Zealot bubble and FNP bubble from them give a lovely boost to the unit.

I also run a second LRC with another unit of 10 crusaders and 3 Neophytes that charge up alongside Grimaldus's unit and raider. Using the 6" bubble from both Grimaldus and the servitor means I hit the front lines with Grimaldus, 20 Marines, 6 scouts and a servitor all who get Zealot and FNP and if a scout dies from over-watch then laugh as you gain rage and counter attack at the same time.  ;D
Please checkout Lakey Wargames over on Youtube for all kinds of tutorials, discussions, lets builds and more! :)

Lakey Wargames Youtube:
 https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgqSruhp2yl2gyqhiTuSrEA

Offline Dirty Harry

• Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2015, 09:57:13 PM »
Unfortunately now that the cenobyte servitors are for purposes considered to be a separate unit, you can't play him like you could in 4th ed. That isn't to stop you from purchasing a servitor or two, and putting them in a metal box to make the bubble bigger, you just cant fill out a 25 man unit like you could in 4th ed anymore.

Offline Lakey Wargames

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2015, 06:25:44 AM »
Unfortunately now that the cenobyte servitors are for purposes considered to be a separate unit, you can't play him like you could in 4th ed. That isn't to stop you from purchasing a servitor or two, and putting them in a metal box to make the bubble bigger, you just cant fill out a 25 man unit like you could in 4th ed anymore.

Ah okay so this means you can't have Grimaluds & Servitors & Crusaders in a single LRC? As they would be considered 2 units and 1 IC in a transport? 
Please checkout Lakey Wargames over on Youtube for all kinds of tutorials, discussions, lets builds and more! :)

Lakey Wargames Youtube:

Offline Dirty Harry

• Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2015, 07:20:13 AM »
Exactly. Grimaldus used to come with 3 extra wounds that follows him around. Now, he's gotten cheaper per price point but has to buy the servitors as an extra unit. I view this as a means to play Grimaldus, his servitors and a couple of 20 man squads rushing up the table.

Offline Lakey Wargames

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2015, 08:38:47 AM »
Ahh that's a shame, I will have to make amends for the single servitor idea then as there is no room within either LRC to fit him in. Still for 150 points what Grimaldus brings to the fight and his bubble buff alone. I still believe he is a great choice to lead a LRC charge from the front lines. :)

Lakey Wargames Youtube: