Author Topic: Battle demi company question  (Read 4554 times)

Offline Southendangel

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Battle demi company question
« on: July 24, 2015, 06:06:26 PM »
I may be wrong you can only take tactical squads to forfill the slot dose that mean you can't take crusader squad???? For the battle demi company ?

Online Dirty Harry

• Marshal of the Phoenician Crusade
  • Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
  • I'lll abhor the $#!7 out of that witch!
    • View Profile
Re: Battle demi company question
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 06:18:54 PM »
Yep. Cannot take Crusader squads as part of a Demi company. It's why I'm not a big fan of it.
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.

Offline Southendangel

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 06:25:03 PM »
I can understand that :( such a shame for the black templars no access to their own detachment that they desurve :(

Offline Izzycat218

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2015, 09:13:59 AM »
It seems to me that GW could care less about BT. At this point I wounder why they left them in since they can't access a lot of the books potential.

Offline Southendangel

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2015, 11:26:49 AM »
I feel like some house rules could help I know it rewriting rules but I can't say why I'd stop a BT player not use it as I feel it was intended sucks for tornies but I amagin if you where going to a tornement youed go stack the abilities from ultras to be most compedative however I think the tac equivalent is better for BT and offers alot of flexablity that the tac squad I feel lacks the lack of option for bolt pistol combat wepon makes tacs main role sit and shoot I feel people may disgree but I feel BT troop is more flexable and versatile but that's just me.

Online Dirty Harry

• Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2015, 03:49:00 PM »
Bt has access to everything in the current space Marines book, even librarians surprisingly. To get access to the gladius you jus lt can't take Crusader squads. That's it. BT characters are featured in the command and auxilary formations, Grimaldus got a SIGNIFICANT points drop and his servitors went from having a 6++ to having a feel no pain bubble. Emperor's champ retained what made him good about the old chapter tactics and still gains all benefits of the new chapter tactics. Taking the libraries conclave with separate chapter tactics and sticking them in Bt squads only makes them better because adamantium will and Crusader. Helbrecht still works like an ork war boss but with better saves. OUR DREADNOUGHTS NOW HAVE CHAPTER TACTICS, so angry space Marines wired into big hunks of metal with 4 attacks base.
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.

Offline Southendangel

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2015, 05:03:48 PM »
Glad to hear it!! Nice respoce I guess for me I see crusader squads as what should make up the bulk no that you can do that as cad allies I guess I just want it all and the lack of crusaders as a option in formations seems strange like some kind of oversight but their are defo upsides to it all access the doctrines and the such sirtenly makes things better for the BT just feel crusaders are fluffy and really very good specialy with grav and combat set up so I guess I just want it all but I realy can't complain to much because their is alot to love

Offline rnguthrie670

• Supporter
  • Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2015, 01:44:38 PM »
When two different CT join the same unit they get neither (pg 189) so use  DA, BA, SW, or GK codex. You bypass the rule because  their special rules are not chapter tactics.

Offline Southendangel

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2015, 07:07:19 AM »
Interesting idea useing other space marine codex as alies so you don't lose them I think that's what's being said

Offline will

• Supporter
  • Initiate
  • Strength and honor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2015, 06:26:01 PM »
Greetings & Salutations

I hope you are all well

As fairly new gamer to 40k I'm glad to find this thread. I've chosen BT's to start with.
In reading this thread it doesn't make sense that we can't use crusader squads
In Demi-companies. I understand the reference page 135 for the tactical companies.
There is references to the IF and CF and as I understand they can use the Demi-Company.
Sense the BT's are part of this codex it is my opinion that we should be able to use
Crusader squads in the Demi-Company. I hope it is an error by GW.

Please correct me if you think I'm wrong as I want to use rules correctly.

Respectfully

Ps
The armoires formations seem ideal for the BT tactics as I have team in the fluff.

Offline Southendangel

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2015, 11:20:59 AM »
i amagin the rules in a tonrment well make you use normal tacticals will but in a friendly game i cant see why anyone would stop you useing them in a battle demi company.

Offline Izzycat218

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2015, 12:52:45 PM »
Most will say no due to free land raider crusaders. That's why we're excluded.

Online Dirty Harry

• Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2015, 02:35:22 PM »
I dunno why I didn't consider that before but that makes a lot more sense now. Can you imagine going to a tournament and being the '6 land raider guy'?

Offline Southendangel

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2015, 03:00:19 PM »
that is preaty scary as its a troop trasport for them too that means the landraider gets objective secured too right ?

that be realy good that evens things up alot more.

Online Dirty Harry

• Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2015, 03:06:04 PM »
Yes, land raider crusaders taken as dedicated transports in the gladius strike force do have Objective secured. Making them free would be a little TOO spicy for what the book is now. Cool thing is though you can still make them objective secured in combined arms detachments if they're dedicated for Crusader squads. They're just a bit of a points sink for one model.