Author Topic: Battle demi company question  (Read 4555 times)

Offline Southendangel

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Re: Battle demi company question
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2015, 02:34:07 AM »
But we love them sqeeee land raiders as so many coulors of awsom their a nice match for crusader squads cheap unit lost of attacks and bodies.

Offline Izzycat218

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2015, 12:35:57 PM »
I'm the three lrc guy in a cad as it is where they get obsec. I'd be able to put in more support for them if they were free. I've been contemplating run BT chapter tactics with a Demi company but every time I do. The Templar voice yells heresy.

Online Dirty Harry

• Marshal of the Phoenician Crusade
  • Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
  • I'lll abhor the $#!7 out of that witch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2015, 08:57:58 PM »
Why? BT would run a solid battle company, and you could get away with calling it a crusade. Just take every squad in a 5 man unit and spam razorbacks. 6 TAC squads, 2 assault squads, and 2 devastator squads. Keep everything cheap and just pay for the weapon mount upgrade on the razorback. That's 1000 pts right there. For your hq's take Grimaldus, because he has the zealot bubble, and a captain worth 100 pts. That's 1250 pts right there. Take the 3 land raider formation as your manditory second formation and you have what looks like a BT armored spearhead. Right? You have all the potency each squad needs with the weapon mount, you have 3 hard to kill land raiders, leading the charge, and everything has obsec. Templars are a hoard army and you have 50 Marines on the table and 13 metal boxes to move them around with. Templars can also make due if the razorback gets popped, because we have crusader. We can still run our asses off to each those objectives if we really need to get there.
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.

Offline will

• Supporter
  • Initiate
  • Strength and honor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2015, 08:17:37 PM »
Very interesting points; with the new Codex it appears as though the BT's are losing out. Do you guys feel there will be a separate PDF file or even a separate codex for the BT's ?

Online Dirty Harry

• Marshal of the Phoenician Crusade
  • Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
  • I'lll abhor the $#!7 out of that witch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2015, 08:25:11 PM »
Losing out on what exactly? We have a troops choice no one else has in the book, we're now more generous with feel no pain than blood angels, our chapter tactics make us cheaper and better at being khorne berserkers than khorne berserkers, we're not barred from taking any formation, and our Emperor's champion got fixed. Aside from not being able to take Crusader squads in a Demi company, where else are we lacking?
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.

Offline Izzycat218

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2015, 08:50:18 AM »
There are plenty of lacking things but I've accepted the fact it's a shooting game and the assault phase is an after thought. Better chaplains with more options would be nice. Also a cost effective assault vehicle would be nice. The book is built for shooting and swarming your opponent with msu. Black Templars don't fit as there original fluff. I personally want an assault themed space marine army that stands a chance on the table. With the current trend in game design that isn't optimal. So it's come down to when I want to have fun I play BT when I want to win I play tau.