Author Topic: Gallantseer Youtube channel launches!  (Read 840 times)

Offline gallantseer

• Initiate
    • View Profile
    • gallantseer youtube
Gallantseer Youtube channel launches!
« on: July 27, 2015, 10:24:42 AM »
Hey guys,

I've just launched my YouTube channel!

Check out the first video here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUo4YWw1UWQgMvJoZP79SoA

Feedback most welcome!!  :)

Rob

Online SharkoutofWata

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
Re: Gallantseer Youtube channel launches!
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 01:06:43 PM »
Gave it a quick watch so I got some early feedback for you.  I'm assuming you have all the models listed?  Put the pictures of the models up while you're talking about them.  Talking about Support Batteries and Wraithknights and Windriders are on the screen.  Or even worse at the start, talking about a Dark Eldar list with a Bastion while showing the written version of a completely different list.  That's just not helpful at all.  But for the models, if you're going to take some time to explain how to best use these models or what they do in general, that's a tool for new players.  Give them the visuals of the actually models so they can put a face to the name.  Otherwise, you don't need to bother.  It will confuse new people that don't know what unit specifically you mean, or it just wastes the time of the experienced players by telling us what we already know. 

Now, I don't mean bounce back and forth between images like a rabbit on crack, but as you progress through your list, show the unit you're discussing, even if you bounce around in topics.  If you're talking about your Wraith-plane, there's no need to jump the picture back to your Seer Council when you're talking about how it supports them with more durable targets.

I'd prefer to see you gear these videos to newer players because the information can be very helpful to new Eldar players and it has the potential to be more useful than a 'Codex Review'.  Actual tactical advice with the unit, talking about how you try to use them together, is a great touch.  New players, or players looking for a better or different way to play, would get a lot from that sort of advice.

I look forward to future videos.

Offline gallantseer

• Initiate
    • View Profile
    • gallantseer youtube
Re: Gallantseer Youtube channel launches!
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 01:24:29 PM »
Great feedback! Just what I'm looking for!

The Dark Eldar list with Bastion was vs1 of this list that I went to a tournament with a few weeks back, the visual was confusing when I was briefly mentioning that list.

Much to build on!