Author Topic: Khorne Daemonkin List Tests  (Read 1699 times)

Offline Nortado_Loco

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Khorne Daemonkin List Tests
« on: August 05, 2015, 04:21:42 AM »
I'm going to be getting a lot of games in soon. I intend on trying several different ideas over the course of the next three months. I would like to share my lists with you guys and get your critiques and opinions. Would you guys help me with that? Also, several of the lists are pure Daemonkin and several have allies. So I would consider this an extensive test. I love Daemonkin and prefer to run them pure but in several of my previous games I felt like they needed a few things. Here are the list ideas.

KD w/ Space Marine Vindicator Formation ( painted as KD ) - Concept is rushing the Vindicators forward just far enough to slam Templates. By stopping mid field I can avoid the one eye open rule. This list was an attempt to fix my current all comers list. They have a problem with blobbed units. This would definitely fix that but it needs testing. May remove the Bloodthirster to take more units.
  • Bloodthirster of Insenate Rage
  • Chaos Lord - Juggernaut of Khorne, Sigil of Corruption, Brazen Rune, Axe of Khorne, Powerfist, Collar of Khorne
  • Bloodletters - w/ Bloodreaper
  • Bloodcrushers - w/ Bloodhunter, Banner of Blood
  • Flesh Hounds - 5
  • Flesh Hounds - 5
  • Flesh Hounds - 5
  • Maulerfiend - Lasher Tendrils
  • Maulerfiend - Lasher Tendrils
  • Space Marine Techmarine - Conversion Beamer, Bike, 3 Servitors (This is just filled to get this done quick.... will be changed)
  • Vindicator - Seige Shield
Pure KD Speed Freaks ( my current all comers list)
  • Chaos Lord - Juggernaut of Khorne, Collar of Khorne, Brazen Rune, Axe of Khorne, Powerfist, Sigil of Corruption
  • Bloodletter - w/ Bloodreaper
  • Bloodletter - w/ Bloodreaper
  • Bloodcrushers - w/ Bloodhunter
  • Heldrake - Baleflamer
  • Maulerfiend - w/ Lasher Tendrils
  • Gorepack - 2 min bike squads with melta guns, 4 squads of hounds 5 man each
KD with Daemon Allies - Work in Progess. Concept is using Daemons to buff. Not for invisibility but for buff through cursed earth and possibly grimiore. Not a fan of invisibility builds.

CSM with KD Allies - Attempt to do the top list but with units that can actually be in coherency. Biggest debate is whether to use a character with a black mace in there as well. Still work in Progress.

Blood Host Rhino Rush with Gorepack - Work in Progress. Concept is cram and many CSM in Rhinos, Possessed in Rhino, Led by Gorepack.This was a hard list to write. May modify some. Melta works against everything which is why it is spammed.
  • Slaughtercult
    • Chaos Lord - Axe of Khorne, Blade of Endless Bloodshed, Juggernaut of Khorne, Sigil of Corruption, Ichor Blood (His loadout may change, but I feel that this list will like having a ton of Bloodtithe)
    • Chaos Spawn - x5
    • Possessed - Rhino
    • Chaos Space Marines - Rhino, Meltagun x2
  • Gorepack
    • Bike Squad - Double Melta
    • Bike Squad - Double Melta
    • Flesh Hounds - 5
    • Flesh Hounds - 5
    • Flesh Hounds - 5
    • Flesh Hounds - 5

KD with Cypher dataslate - Work in Progress. Do not know how much Cyper is. His price will change this list entirely. Concept is using Infiltrating Chosen to spam either Plasma or Melta (Probably Plasma since AP2 is the bane of KD) to alpha strike major problems. Followed by Crushers and hounds to cover ground fast.
  • Cypher Dataslate
    • Cyper
    • Chosen - 5 with max plasma guns
  • Chaos Lord - Juggernaut of Khorne, Sigil of Corruption, Axe of Khorne, The Brazen Rune
  • Bloodcurshers - w/ Bloodhunter

KD with Charnel Cohort (Possible New All Comers) - Concept is that with my other all comers list, the Thirster and Maulers were the fire magnets. My crushers and hounds always made contact. Only had one game where that didn't happen. The part that bit me was that horde armies are hard and the reduction to initiative made all of my stuff hit last.... which ruins it. So I fixed it by taking out the Thirster and just running hounds without the gorepack so that I could spam Skull Cannons. They fix both problems.
  • Chaos Lord - Axe of Khorne, Juggernaut of Khorne, Sigil of Corruption, The Brazen Rune
  • Skull Cannon
  • Charnel Cohort
    • Blood Throne - Greater Locus of Fury, The Blade of Endless Bloodshed
    • Flesh Hounds - 5
    • Flesh Hounds - 5
    • Flesh Hounds - 5
    • Flesh Hounds - 5
    • Skull Cannon
    • Skull Cannon

I will be posting the rest of the lists as I get them finished. Hoping to start play testing them next week. I do not own all the models so some of the lists will have to wait a little while to be tested. If there are any requests on which one to try please let me know. I am also open to criticism. I know there are some obvious adjustments needed, but I wrote these while half asleep. =) Thanks in advance for all of the help.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 05:51:22 PM by Nortado_Loco »

Offline Nortado_Loco

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Khorne Daemonkin List Tests
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2015, 04:19:09 AM »
Will be posting some bat reps this evening hopefully. Just have to type them out.

Offline Nortado_Loco

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2015, 05:48:32 PM »
So I went to the first annual Tennessee Cage Match 40k Tournament at GameOn of Chattanooga. The tournament used the ATC (American Team Championship) rules format. Was also only 1850 points which made me a little sad. None the less, it was a fun tournament. My list was…..

Chaos Lord – Juggernaut of Khorne, Axe of Khorne, the Brazen Rune
Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage
Bloodcrushers - 3 man no champion
Bloodletters - 8 man no champion
Bloodletters - 8 man no champion
Chaos Rhino - Havoc Launcher
Chaos Rhino - Havoc Launcher
Maulerfiend – Lasher Tendrils
Maulerfiend – Lasher Tendrils
Gorepack Formation
Bike Squad – Three Man Double Melta
Bike Squad – Three Man Double Melta
Bike Squad – Three Man Double Plasma
Bike Squad – Three Man Double Plasma
Flesh Hound – x5
Flesh Hound – x5
Flesh Hound – x5
Flesh Hound – x5

First Game vs Dark Angels and Imperial Knights  --- Loss Tabled
Deployment – Hammer and Anvil
I had first turn.

This game was a rough one. He had two of the Knights with the 12 shot ap3 gatlin cannons and the dark angels formation that uses nothing but Black Knights.

I made it into assault by turn 2 as planned but I focused too much on the Imperial Knights. I should have sent everything after the bikes. He tabled me during turn 3. Awesome opponent though. Was also a fun game.

Second Game vs Grey Knights and Imperial Knights --- Loss #$^#$^#$^&&#$%#
Deployment – Dawn of War
I had first turn.

This game was also fun. I played a guy that I have enjoyed playing against in the past. He run the Draigo Terminator Formation with two Imperial Knights. He ran invisibility. The primary objective in this game was Kill Points….. nuff said. =)

Did have fun though.

Third Game vs Necrons --- Victory
Deployment – Technically Vanguard Strike but we did Dawn of War because we wanted to.
I had first turn again…. Somehow.

Longest game ever. Necrons do not die. However this was an objective based game where you scored extra points at the end of every turn and I controlled all of the objectives during the first two turns which put me way ahead.

Summary – I had a very fun day and ended up 9th place out of 14 so I am not complaining. Things I did learn though… As much fun as a Chaos Lord seems on the table…. They do not perform like they should IMO. I am going to consider trying a herald instead. I still like fast armies. I am also considering not running the Bloodthirster as well. Great fire magnet but too big of a points sink.
Sorry about taking so long with the reports and stuff. I am currently in the process of switching jobs so lots of paperwork  >:|
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 05:50:06 PM by Nortado_Loco »

Offline Nortado_Loco

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2015, 05:56:01 PM »
Just wanted to let you know what is going on with the other lists.

Waiting for Proxy Game
  • Khorne Daemonkin w/ Vindicator Formation
  • Khorne Daemonkin w/ Chaos Daemon Allies
  • Khorne Daemonkin w/ Chaos Space Marines

Lists put on the back burner plus reasons
  • Khorne Daemonkin w/ Cypher Dataslate - Not my style. My games have shown me how important body mass is.
  • Khorne Daemonkin Rhino Rush - Do not have enough proxy models to test.

Offline Nortado_Loco

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2015, 06:12:40 PM »
So here are some old batreps using my Khorne Daemonkin Speed Freaks list. All four of these were played during the same weekend. 4 different lists. 2 different opponents. I do not remember who went first in any of these games.

Game One – KD vs Nids  - Victory – Dawn of War

His strategy was double flyrant with a Tervigon and the new Long Tentacled Face Nid thing. He focused my Bloodthirster which allowed all of my hounds to make contact. Turned into a meat grinder. KD came out on top due to speed of summoned bloodcrushers. Fun game.

Game Two – KD vs Admech Formation thing was Cult Mechanicus and Oathsworn – Loss Tabled -  Dawn of War

Worst game ever. Only game that I did not have fun playing Khorne Daemonkin so far. Tabled turn 2. Nuff said.

Game Three – KD vs Necrons with Three Wraith/Spyder/Scarab formations – Loss – Dawn of War

Khorne is not pleased with me. I let the wraiths punk me out so it took me three turns to get into assault. Only lost by one point though so was a close game none the less. To be honest I am still not sure if I could have one that game if I didn’t get punked.

Game Four – KD vs Nids – Loss Tabled – Dawn of War

This game played much differently. Rather than a tervigon he had two huge squads of Genestealers and two huge squads of termigaunts. He also had one of the new upgraded zoanthropes. Was a fun game. Got tabled turn 6…. Only had to make a cover save…. Didn’t make it. He targeted the dogs first instead of the thirster…. This game proved my idea for needing more mass. My only problem is trying to get mass without losing my speed.

All in all four fun games. I hope that these batreps do help you guys a little. I know they don’t have that much detail but I will be glad to go into more detail if anyone is interested. Just let me know which game you want me to talk about more. I would do more detail up front but I don’t even know how many people are even going to read this.

Offline Nortado_Loco

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2015, 04:11:50 AM »
So I played against Grey Knights last night. I am convunced that a herald on a juggy is better than a lord on a juggy purely on the fact of higher initiative and higher strength. Also that 1850 points list taught me that havoc launchers are purely filler so I traded them out and downgraded the lord to a herald and used magma cutters on the fiends and took a skull cannon as well. List performed way better than I expected. The gentleman I played last night had a lot of bad rolls so I managed to table him turn 3. This game also reinforced the concept of having more bodies is better than having a bunch of badasses. Again if you want more details just let me know.