Author Topic: What to do about Ca'tans  (Read 1027 times)

Offline Zggy91

• Initiate
    • View Profile
What to do about Ca'tans
« on: August 05, 2015, 04:09:39 PM »
I am a relatively new player in a 500 point league. I have been doing ok, but there has been a rash of lists that are a nightbringer Ca'tan with two cryptics that give him the ability to bamf anywhere on the board once per game and one that gives him a 4+ invuln save. Additionally they have a unit of immortals because of required troops choice. My list has been a unit of stealth suits, crisis suits with burst cannons and fusion blasters, buffmander, a unit of 6 fire warriors, and a missleside. Mostly I have been getting wrecked by psychic shriek like power that has been routinely killing whole units. Fellow exemplars of the greater good, please help! How can I combat the might of this monstrosity!?!?

Offline Meros

• Brother Captain
  • Part dæmon and proud of it.
    • View Profile
    • My Horus Heresy blog
Re: What to do about Ca'tans
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 04:45:26 PM »
Mass fire power. It's only got a 4++ and 4+ FNP, any shot that goes through has a 25% chance of causing a wound. Out of 12 shots one should cause a wound from pulse guns at Str 5. C'tan has T8 if they are take the god shackle. Maybe attach an ethereal for higher LD. Other wise it's vulnerable to tarpiting.

Ps target the crypteks and it will lose its FNP
http://Www.the-newzealand-wordbearer.blogspot.co.nz
My Horus Heresy blog.

We are all minions of the dark gods, one part in their great game

Offline Zggy91

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: What to do about Ca'tans
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 10:42:13 PM »
How about this:
Fire warriors x12
Fire warriors x12