Author Topic: Help taking objectives  (Read 816 times)

Offline Oneeye

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Help taking objectives
« on: August 17, 2015, 09:45:36 AM »
Hi all, I i'm trying to help with an army list. I keep having problems playing objective-based games, I lose every single one because I'm unable to take objectives. This is the list or the models that I currently have.

1 Buff-Commander
1 Darkstrider
1 Ethereal
1 Cadre Fireblade
50+ Fire Warriors
50+ Kroot
3 Crisis Battlesuits
14 Stealth suits
1 Riptide (magnetized)
10 Pathfinders
8 Marker Drones
23 Gun Drones
1 Piranha ( in box)
1 Broadside
2 Hammerhead Gunships ( magnetized)
3 Sniper Drones

I don't like the crisis suits all that much so I usually substitute them as broadsides. I am thinking of using Eldar jetbikes in groups of 3 to go after objectives. I usually play 1500 point games. Any help with making a good list would be helpful.

Online SharkoutofWata

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
Re: Help taking objectives
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 12:05:48 PM »
Infiltrate minimum Kroot, get another Piranha with Fusion Blasters so you have a unit of two and grab some Tetras from IA:3. Played against a list with these elements included and couldn't get the Objectives from them as Tyranids.  Broadsides make great anchor points but I was really impressed by his Iridium Buffmander unit with three Crisis Suits using two Plasma Guns each.  Twin Linked Ignores Cover thanks to the Buffmander.  That was a centerpiece that I just couldn't shake...  His Riptide did a whole lot of nothing compared to the rest of these models.

Offline Izzycat218

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Re: Help taking objectives
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2015, 09:54:49 AM »
Get some devilish to tote firewarriors around. ObSec av12 front with 3+ jink "with disruption pod". They last longer than people realize. Crisis suits can take objectives pretty well with the assault jump. I play mech tau over gun line since everyone here knows how to beat it with minimal effort.