Author Topic: Thoughts on BT in new book.  (Read 1104 times)

Offline Izzycat218

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Thoughts on BT in new book.
« on: August 19, 2015, 09:07:06 PM »
Curious what everyone's thoughts are? I'm personally a little disappointed.

Offline Dirty Harry

• Marshal of the Phoenician Crusade
  • Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
  • I'lll abhor the $#!7 out of that witch!
    • View Profile
Re: Thoughts on BT in new book.
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2015, 09:55:35 PM »
Why? Grimaldus got significantly cheaper, our chapter tactics put us on par with other assault based chapters. Our characters are allowed in formations, but our crusader squads aren't. Our Emperor's Champion is back to being full Beast mode again now that they nixed the silly stances and just gave us str6 w/ instant death. We still have obsec land raider crusaders. There's now a Land Raider formation that ignores crew shaken and stunned results, and gives us an edge when fighting super heavies. There's even a White Dwarf with Black Templar specific warlord traits, one of which gives us some anti-psyker tech. I'm pleased over all with the changes to BT.
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.

Offline Brother_Cadiel

• Neophyte
  • Abhor the Traitor, the Alien and the Mutant.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2015, 04:56:28 AM »
Personally I'm quite happy. I wouldn't want to go back to the perviouse book.

The thing that gets me is why the BT & CF warlord traits wernt put into our codex and were published in a WD!?
--
No pity, No remorse, No fear

Offline Izzycat218

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2015, 07:18:25 AM »
The few games I've played I haven't noticed much difference between the old and new chapter tactics. As far as formations ar concerned the landraider one only really shines when facing super heavies. Being lock in a small area hurts more than help without something large to kill. Msu counters it hard. Haven't tried most of the formations yet since we can't unlock them. The warlord chart is awesome. I would argue that were the same spot as space wolves when it comes to assault. Other armies do it better. I love the army, but it feels lackluster compared to all the other stuff the book can do. I'm betting most of my issue is playing it wrong and dice luck.

Played with the landraider spearhead with Helbrect. His raider was glanced off the table turn two followed by his squad being shot off the table around him. He charged bottom of two killed five marines and then was gunned down turn three by a bolt pistol. At this point I'm waiting for a supplement to give them some cool stuff.