Author Topic: Best boxes to give your army that Templar feel  (Read 2974 times)

Offline Lakey Wargames

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
    • Lakey Wargames Youtube Page
Re: Best boxes to give your army that Templar feel
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2015, 09:17:54 AM »
Depends on how you want to run your command. I'd personally go get the resin sword brethren kit and make em all have power weapons, make the lightning claw guy my sergeant, and give 3 other guys stormshields and power weapons. Then just swap one guy's pistol with a narthecium and give him an apothecary backpack.

Well I was thinking less of using them as a command and more just stealing the legs and using any other cool bits the box might come with. Of course buying the brother box give much more templar looking marines out of it. I would probably give them power weapons and a pistol so they can double up both as sword brothers to lead my crusaders and the honour guard if I wanted to use them. But what you pointed out does make a very good shout for a command squad which I'm sure in time I will do something of the likes to expand my collection.
Please checkout Lakey Wargames over on Youtube for all kinds of tutorials, discussions, lets builds and more! :)

Lakey Wargames Youtube:
 https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgqSruhp2yl2gyqhiTuSrEA

Offline Dirty Harry

• Marshal of the Phoenician Crusade
  • Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
  • I'lll abhor the $#!7 out of that witch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2015, 10:11:09 AM »
Ooh, for honor guard I recommend getting the templar brethren and an Emperor's champion model to use as the chapter champion. Sure, statistically the champ is much stronger, but its a good replacement for the lightning claw guy. Could also replace the chain swords the other guys are using with power axes do you'll have ap2 weapons.
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.

Offline Lakey Wargames

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
    • Lakey Wargames Youtube Page
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2015, 04:16:41 PM »
Ooh, for honor guard I recommend getting the templar brethren and an Emperor's champion model to use as the chapter champion. Sure, statistically the champ is much stronger, but its a good replacement for the lightning claw guy. Could also replace the chain swords the other guys are using with power axes do you'll have ap2 weapons.

Sounds like a plan, i'll look into it, cheers! :)
Please checkout Lakey Wargames over on Youtube for all kinds of tutorials, discussions, lets builds and more! :)

Lakey Wargames Youtube:
 https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgqSruhp2yl2gyqhiTuSrEA