Author Topic: Ravenwing 1850 New Army  (Read 919 times)

Offline The_Combat_Wombat

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
Ravenwing 1850 New Army
« on: October 21, 2015, 04:47:11 PM »
Ravenwing Strike Force:
Sammael on Corvex: 200

Fast Attack:
5 Bikers: 155
x2 grav guns

5 Bikers: 155
x2 grav guns

5 Bikers:145
x2 Melta

5 Bikers: 145
x2 Melta

Ravenwing Darkshroud: 80

Ravenwing Darkshroud: 80

Elites:
RW Command Squad:230
+2 more
Apothecary

Ravenwing Support Squadron:165
3 Land speeders with 2 heavy bolters

Ravenwing Silence Squadron:
Nephilim Jetfighter: 175
Nephilim Jetfighter: 175
Dark Talon:160

Any advise welcome and appreciated :)

Offline Bear

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
Re: Ravenwing 1850 New Army
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 10:08:24 AM »
I have bene playing Ravenwing since the new codex came out for 7th and I love them.

Personally if you want to go the competitive root I have found splitting the strike force into 3 detachments is best. first take a Ravenwing support squadron with shroud and 3 speeders with missiles and heavy bolters. this ti to intercept those pesky space marines with hunters eye and grave taking out your command squad (also great for intercepting tau  :P) the squadron has a 4+ cover in the open and if obscured a 2+ so no need to jink really if you do its 2++. Then take Interrogator chaplain with mace of redemption and auspex with a ravenwing command squad kitted out to max. take one grenade launcher so against marines all your command squad will hit first. as fast attacks 3 dark talons and if using death from the skies you can go in the ignore cover formation strength 10ap2 ignore blast x3 ooh yeah.

also take a few attack bikes with multi melters if you like. the take another strike force of another interrogator with twinlightning claws and the preferred enemy relic with another command squad and as many 3 man black knight squads you can fit. black knights can take out pretty much any thing with there plasma and strength 5 rending along with rerolls from chaplain is awesome.

the synergy between the fliers and the black knights are awesome with that bomb. you can chose to put the one strike force on the board supported by the support squadron for instant plasma to the face  followed up by turn 2 reinforcements or if your going second and you know you support squadron is out of range and LOS put the 2 strike forces in reserve and a turn 2 out flank is awesome.

I would stay away from normal raven wing bikes as once you kitted them out you might as well have taken black knights who are so much better and the amount of times I have lost bikes to terrain its so annoying.

you can swop out the fliers for a libraries conclave and attach them to black knight units which is a lot of fun.

hope this helps