Author Topic: Plasma Cannon Servitors  (Read 1237 times)

Offline Leftovers44

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
Plasma Cannon Servitors
« on: November 09, 2015, 06:37:14 AM »
One of the funniest things I have seen in a game of 40k was a Chaos psyke trying to hid in a group of obliterators from an inquisitor with psyocculum casting twin-linked on bs10 Servitors raining down plasma fire.

You can get a plasma cannon Servitor for 10 points but you need a inquisitor to baby sit them or they might not do anything that turn.

Offline MattyIce

• Battle Brother
  • 🖕🧀
    • View Profile
Re: Plasma Cannon Servitors
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 07:40:33 AM »
I have done this. The servitors burn up with getting hot and its 20pts for them.

Imagine having that inquisitor with prescienes then adding the jokeareo or 2 in order to get the weapon upgrades. Or change the plasma with multimelta and get the +12" range from jokes
36" multimelta a with bs10 reroll to hit. Multi melta servitors are only 10 points. Put 3 acolytes with plasma guns. Or rock all that with cotez and blast any models that deep strike near you
  • Inq 🔴 GK🔴 Scion🔴 Astartes
🖕🧀

Offline Leftovers44

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 08:21:44 AM »
Prescienes lets you reroll the gets hot I believe and you can get more wounds than a few multi-meltas with some good template placements.

Coteaz is just mean with any unit but once you use his trick once people seem to wise up to it in the next game.

Online SharkoutofWata

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2015, 05:57:22 PM »
Coteaz, Acolytes with Plasma Guns, Servitors with Plasma Cannons, two Jokaero and a Chimera just cause.  It's an annoying group of AP2 that is actually very difficult to ignore.

Offline Dirty Harry

• Marshal of the Phoenician Crusade
  • Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
  • I'lll abhor the $#!7 out of that witch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2015, 06:26:57 PM »
especially with two of those jokaeros. Pretty good chance to get multiple jokaero upgrades.
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.

Offline MattyIce

• Battle Brother
  • 🖕🧀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2016, 08:52:18 AM »
Away from Coteaz put some land speeder storms and force deep strikers scatter 4d6 and hopefully they move within cotaez firing range
  • Inq 🔴 GK🔴 Scion🔴 Astartes
🖕🧀

Offline Rillietann

• Supporter
  • Battle Brother
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter....
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2016, 01:24:54 AM »
I had great fun against a Tyranid army a little while ago using a unit of 4 Jokearo, 2 Plasma Cannon Servitors and 4 Bolter Acolytes, When my Jokearo rolled rending I knew I was going to have some fun............
Cue his Synapse MCs getting hit BS10 Lascannons, Plasma Cannons and Rending Bolters  ;D