Author Topic: infiltrators and ratling cheese  (Read 1349 times)

Offline Cognis Cowboy

• Initiate
    • View Profile
infiltrators and ratling cheese
« on: November 15, 2015, 01:35:50 AM »
 Hello and how are you. For my first trick I will be using astra militarum, specifically ratling snipers.
Ratling snipers are a rarely considered option for the elite slot in the astra militarum codex. They are normal human statline with below average weapon skill and above average ballistic skill and initiative.
They also have shoot and scarper,stealth, and infiltrate special rules. I know this is starting to sound like astra militarum tactics but bare with me. The infiltrators have a 6 inch Neurastatic Aura that subtracts 1from weapon skill,ballistic skill,initiative and Leadership of all enemy models. This puts the ratlings in a better position which brings me to my next point. Ratings can shoot and then run using shoot and scarper. This allows for some cheese "pun intended". The ratlings kite your enemies into the  neurostatic aura and can act as al speed bump for the infiltrators allowing them to get the furious charge. Two squads of six ratlings can complely surround your infiltrators providing the perfect bubble wrap making a already powerful unit even better. If you take small units you could get the assaulting unit to fall for a disordered charge taking away the extra attacks making the ratlings more survivable. You can put a Lord Commissar in one of the ratling squads and a Primaris Psyker in the other and have a serious presence anyware you can infiltrate. Adding heirlooms of conquest like the death mask of Ollanius might be a good idea.
So that's what I have so far. What do you guys think? Any feed back would be great so I can make this work.

Thanks.   

This could work with any infiltrators for example scout bikers and independent characters on bikes moving up blocking while the infiktrators fall back all dunestriding a extra three inches and what not. Infiltrators!!! [/pre]
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 04:13:44 AM by Cognis Cowboy »

Offline SittingInACorner

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Re: infiltrators and ratling cheese
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2015, 11:31:35 PM »
You should keep in mind that the ratings will slow the infiltrators way down. I think their primary advantage is speed and a massive charge range and you sorta take both of those things away by sticking them at the pace of the ratlings. I like the pysker but you could just add one directly to your infiltrators and then detach them turn 1. But honestly taking a bunch of primaris pyskers and hoping to roll the malediction that makes all incoming fire rending so that your rad carbines become unstoppable killing machines is a way better use. I still think this is a fun idea I don't see why you should mess around with it.

Offline Cognis Cowboy

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2015, 12:29:18 AM »
I tried it out. It got me stuck were I infiltrated and it had no influence on the rest of the game. I made some poor choices and was playing against vary competitive opponents. I did learn how to frustrate people now I need to learn how to avoid it. Lol
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 12:31:42 AM by Cognis Cowboy »

Offline Cognis Cowboy

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2015, 12:37:39 AM »
You should keep in mind that the ratings will slow the infiltrators way down. I think their primary advantage is speed and a massive charge range and you sorta take both of those things away by sticking them at the pace of the ratlings. I like the pysker but you could just add one directly to your infiltrators and then detach them turn 1. But honestly taking a bunch of primaris pyskers and hoping to roll the malediction that makes all incoming fire rending so that your rad carbines become unstoppable killing machines is a way better use. I still think this is a fun idea I don't see why you should mess around with it.
thanks for the credible advice I learned the hard way. Its the only way... Lol