Author Topic: 1500pts Blood Angels  (Read 2196 times)

Offline Dirty Harry

• Marshal of the Phoenician Crusade
  • Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
  • I'lll abhor the $#!7 out of that witch!
    • View Profile
Re: 1500pts Blood Angels
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2015, 03:33:25 PM »
Your predator tanks font have to sit back though, especially with overcharged engines. Switching out the predator for a Baal pred would be fine, and as far as shaving points would go to make em fit, you could take the plasma guns off your TAC Marines. That'd be the only thing I'd do to make room for the Baal preds.
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.

Offline SharkoutofWata

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2015, 05:18:43 PM »
Don't grab the Baal Predators.  The anti tank will be much more useful than the Assault Cannon.  Between the Razorbacks, Fragioso, and of course the Death Company, you will be able to roll over nearly everything in your way.  I keep getting underwhelmed by the Baal every time I use the thing.  It struggles against the sort of units I really want it to hit.  Terminators, Daemons, Tarpit units, Thunderwolves.  It does some damage, but never enough for me to give it that Heavy Support slot.  Not when my other Death Comoany units put out more S5 and S9 than the Baal could hope to.

Offline Sensenbob

• Battle Brother
  • WHERE IS THE DEAFF COMPANYYY!?!?! :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2015, 04:30:32 AM »
Alright i also think the higher strength shooting really benefits the list, my concern is more about endangering the Preds more when moving forward when they actually want to hang back with their range.
Of course in Battle i would still be moving them forward, preferably in the middle between the two razorbacks!

So, does anybody else find some Weaknesses in our new list except for the obvious Anti Air issue?
=Blood Angels=

Offline SharkoutofWata

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2015, 06:18:21 AM »
You don't have to move them forward.  Dozer Blades on them, I suddenly don't remember if you have them there or not, and they can jump from cover to cover as need be.  They can be pretty much on their own hull down in some ruins and reposition if they need without losing precious shots.  Armor wall might just play into a trap set up by your opponent.  Because Blood Angels are so aggressive, keeping some things in the back with a consistent fire point or even better, flanking with the primary force and making your opponent point his side armor at either your Preds or the Las/Plas Razorbacks.  If the opportunity shows itself, make sure to take it and divide or punish their forces for making you to go to them.

If you do go Armor Wall, don't line them up.  Take advantage of the 25% cover rule with the Razorbacks when no other terrain is available.  You only need one sponson and the cannon to shoot per advance, to hide the other half up the Razorback's butt and pull a 5+ even in the open.  Sling those Razorbacks diagonal since 11/11/10 and provide more space to take up.  Blocks out a good arc.  Just be careful of enemy lateral movement.  I didn't take that into account once and things got very... explode-y.

Offline Sensenbob

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2015, 05:01:19 AM »
No Dozer Blades yet, but with double strategic at least a 1/3 chance to get move through cover(ruins)

Considering LOS blocking cover isnt always available when moving forward i would like to shield the DC with the tanks for at least 1 , maybe 2 turns depending on the situation.
After that they can hang back for all i care as it will be safer there :)
Of Course if the enemy has things like Thunderwolves or Orks in trukks, Preds have to hang back much more.
Abusing the Razorbacks as extra cover for Preds is a good point yes. I dont have much practice running tanks yet, but that should come :)

Looking forward to Testing the list in a game ASAP, it has a nice feel to it! (as good as it gets it guess :D )
Might take me some days to get to testing it but i will report back!

In the meantime, if you find anything else to improve/change please let me know!

===========================================================

Other than that i would like to direct your attention back at the original list in my Post No.1!

It is kind of themed towards No-Transports/vehicles and still making it into combat by having enough distractions/threats and being able to deal with threats.
Can you think of ways to make that one better without losing the theme? (DropPods and Cybots can stay available for vehicles :D )
Or just some tips on the playstyle if you will :)

btw.: thanks for all the feedback!
=Blood Angels=

Offline Sensenbob

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2015, 05:58:35 PM »
Hey Guys!
I managed to get a Testgame with the list we created together!
Played VS Tau and it worked out quite nicely :)
Was able to move into the  enemies face very quickly and did some nice damage, with the Preds and Razorbacks providing a nice amout of firepower from Mid/Backfield!
The list really brings lots of threats, so even the Razorbacks seem to live quite long!

Only thing i havent really figured out is how to shield  the jumpers with Razorbacks from LOS... but i jumped into cover so it was okayish. Would have to flat out the razorbacks to not slow down the DC else.
=Blood Angels=