Author Topic: A fun necron idea  (Read 831 times)

Offline Battle-brother Dakrim

• Initiate
    • View Profile
A fun necron idea
« on: December 01, 2015, 08:38:03 PM »
I have recently been playing dawn of war soulstorm, and playing as necrons i had a small idea come to mind. magnetize your necron's so that you can pull the torso off the legs, then when the model is "killed" take the torso off and lay it beside the legs, then when you roll your reanimation you can have that moment of them actually fixing themselves. It may be a lot of work, but i think it would add a little bit of spice to the necrons instead of just laying the model down.

Online SharkoutofWata

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
Re: A fun necron idea
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2015, 02:47:14 AM »
You're a codex too late.  You don't lay them down anymore.  It's just a FNP roll, taken right after a failed Armor Save.  And on a personal note, I'd be annoyed if an enemy did that.  The game is long enough as it is.  When we're just sitting around talking, hanging out, oh hey look at what my Necrons can do for Reanimation, that's cool.  Slow down the game with disassembly and it will lose the novelty and just get annoying by Turn 2.

Offline Battle-brother Dakrim

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2015, 01:39:06 PM »
Ohh really?... wow, i must have missed the memo...

Offline Dirty Harry

• Marshal of the Phoenician Crusade
  • Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
  • I'lll abhor the $#!7 out of that witch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2015, 05:37:29 AM »
Yeah, that's actually how reanimation protocol used to work. GW changed it over to a better than feel no pain roll to help cut down on the book keeping of which models dropped. Now if you wanted to give some necrons character, you could convert some necron warriors to look partially blasted apart, dragging themselves on the ground like the t-800 at the end of Terminator, or using their own dismembered limbs as close combat weapons. Not exactly original, but the pictures I've seen were awesome of it done.
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.