Author Topic: thoughts... will they release new sisters? or retire them?  (Read 4348 times)

Offline mcphro

• Primarch
    • View Profile
thoughts... will they release new sisters? or retire them?
« on: December 23, 2015, 04:44:51 AM »
What's your thoughts? Their models are so expensive and it seems like some models have been taken off the gw site. I for one would instantly buy a new sisters of battle army of they released it in plastic. 

But perhaps they might retire the army?  What's your predictions?

Online MattyIce

• Battle Brother
  • 🖕🧀
    • View Profile
Re: thoughts... will they release new sisters? or retire them?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 07:37:53 AM »
The sisters models are now gonna be on par with the rest of what gw is releasing. I need set of models now are approx 50$ for 5 models. The sisters have been at 100$ for 10 models for a long time. Now I know they aren't the same quality as the new stuff that is being released.

I feel that the sister are so deeply intertwined with the fluff that they won't completely remove them from there stores. I think the inquisition and sisters will be combined.
  • Inq 🔴 GK🔴 Scion🔴 Astartes
🖕🧀

Offline Dirty Harry

• Marshal of the Phoenician Crusade
  • Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
  • I'lll abhor the $#!7 out of that witch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2015, 03:19:39 PM »
I think that if anything Sisters, Inquisition, and Grey Knights will get condensed back down and they'll make a new daemon hunters book, but call it something like 'Codex: Hands of the Imperium'. Ordo hereticus, Ordo Xenos, and Ordo Malleus. Each current book by itself leaves a lot lacking, but when used together you get a big bang for your buck.
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.

Offline mcphro

• Primarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2015, 07:46:41 PM »
I think that if anything Sisters, Inquisition, and Grey Knights will get condensed back down and they'll make a new daemon hunters book, but call it something like 'Codex: Hands of the Imperium'. Ordo hereticus, Ordo Xenos, and Ordo Malleus. Each current book by itself leaves a lot lacking, but when used together you get a big bang for your buck.

AndI would love this. I already have some inquisition models and a Grey Knight army... My DREAM was to have a combined Inquisition (HQ) + Grey Knights (hammer) + Sisters of Battle (troops) type army

... it would make so much sense!

Online MattyIce

• Battle Brother
  • 🖕🧀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2015, 09:23:48 PM »
It would kinda make sense it's different branches of the inquisition grey Knights being malleus and sisters being heretic. They could definitely work together tho
  • Inq 🔴 GK🔴 Scion🔴 Astartes
🖕🧀

Offline Meros

• Brother Captain
  • Part dæmon and proud of it.
    • View Profile
    • My Horus Heresy blog
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2015, 03:38:29 AM »
Plastics would be amazing but a paper codes would suit me fine (oh and a few price drops on the metal figs). 

Personally I like the seperate elements of the inquisition and its military arms. Also the SoB are the militant Eclesiarchy not Ordo Hereticus despite comman principles and goals. I like having a pure Grey Knight codex, a pure Adepta Sororitus codex, a pure Inquisition codex (one that is best attached to something), and a pure Assassin "codex". This way you can have your army as it is in the fluff (and personally I like having pure forces), and then ally in as you see fit.
http://Www.the-newzealand-wordbearer.blogspot.co.nz
My Horus Heresy blog.

We are all minions of the dark gods, one part in their great game

Offline hillshire

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2015, 07:52:46 AM »
I think they will release Sisters of Battle in plastic. There are just too many cool modeling possibilities not to. Not to mention leaving money on the table. There are many people, myself included, who would literally pelt them with money.

I do not think GW would combine Sisters with Grey Knights or Inquisition. Partially because they are separate and distinct entities but mostly because GW seems to like splitting things into separate sales. Like Cult Mechanicus and Skiitari. There's no real reason for their separation except additional sales for the codexes.

Also, I think we are more likely than ever to get new Sisters. GW is releasing things fast and furious. In order to do that, they're drawing heavily on previous work. The background and aesthetic for Sisters is already well developed so it's not difficult at all to expand on that.

And finally, GW seems a bit more willing to take risks. I wouldn't be at all surprised if we saw squats turn up again!

Side note: please, no references to clocks being reset. That meme has been overused, abused, and should be avoided.

Online Leftovers44

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2015, 08:23:35 AM »
Sigh...

Offline mcphro

• Primarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2016, 07:46:46 PM »
Word is they will join skitari and mechanicus.... maybe joining sisters inquisition and grey knights wouldn't  be so bad?

Offline TheSolitaire

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2016, 12:49:27 AM »
I'd rather not see Grey Knights in the same codex. I just have no interest in them.

Offline Meros

• Brother Captain
  • Part dæmon and proud of it.
    • View Profile
    • My Horus Heresy blog
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2016, 10:46:28 PM »
I'd rather not see Grey Knights in the same codex. I just have no interest in them.

I agree with keeping them seperate. I play both, just not together
http://Www.the-newzealand-wordbearer.blogspot.co.nz
My Horus Heresy blog.

We are all minions of the dark gods, one part in their great game

Offline Dirty Harry

• Marshal of the Phoenician Crusade
  • Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
  • I'lll abhor the $#!7 out of that witch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2016, 11:01:28 PM »
Nah, GW is making good money selling smaller minidexes.
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.

Online Leftovers44

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2016, 01:56:12 PM »
I am not really sure how I feel about this topic. I have had similar talks with people about if they are ever going to do anything with Sisters of Battle and we talked about all the rumors as possible glimmers of hope for a new Codex. But so far nothing has really come of it from what I can tell, at least not yet.

Items have slowly been disappearing from the store, the most recent being the Immolator and we don't have a Start Collecting box but neither do some of the other armies which could mean anything.

I know a ton of people are waiting around for plastic Sisters of Battle because $100 plus dollars for a squad is kind of crazy but the hobby already isn't all that cheap to begin with.

I own over 6000 points of sisters of battle so I am not really worried to much about needing plastic models. It would be nice to have plastic models and make supporting GW a little easier instead of mostly just trolling ebay to get a good buy one a huge lot of sisters for a more reasonable price. It also doesn't help that my store can't even order in models for so I haven't been really supporting them at all, which is kind of the worst part about it!

Some people might not even know about Sisters of Battle because they aren't on any of the wall displays, hardly anyone plays them at clubs, and not many people online really play them. We have like one battle report to like 100 space marine battle reports or eldar battle reports. And a lot of the time if you do hear something about sisters of battle it is usually that they suck.

A new Chaos Space Marine codex is kind of just as needed as a new Sisters of Battle codex, GW is mostly just updating their more popular armies to 7th edition first before they start working on the back log of codex's that need updates. Sisters have a pretty big part in the lore to do with the inquisition and the ecclesiarchy so I doubt they would just get rid of them. But who knows they could just decide to never update sisters and I would just ride the codex for as long as I could until it didn't work any more and my group just goes back to playing 5th instead.

Offline Htedomsa

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2016, 12:42:50 PM »
I am hoping unto the Emperor they will, just got my wife back into 40K and asked her to pick any army and I'll make it happen. It's Sisters and we don't have an extra grand just lying around.

Offline weboflies

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
    • Keepers of the Relics of Ultramar
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2016, 10:00:44 PM »
The only 2 reasons that I could see they'd let all that stuff (some of it plastic already ie: the Immolator) go OOP are:

No sales to support the range= Goodbye
A total redesign of the look of that army is on the way= Hello!

In today's cultural climate, I could see that they'd maybe want to change the fact that their power armour looks like ceramite fetish outfits, and de-sexualize them a bit. Considering the quality of a lot of the new models I'm seeing coming from GW, this prospect is exciting!