Author Topic: thoughts... will they release new sisters? or retire them?  (Read 5061 times)

Offline Fritz40K

• ADMIN
  • Primarch
    • View Profile
Re: thoughts... will they release new sisters? or retire them?
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2016, 09:58:11 AM »
I've always thought GW has missed something really special with 'sisters. They are very cool and unique in the 40K lore and game- why at this point no update? No plastics? Are they really the least selling army, and how much of that is due to no support?

Look at Grey Knights- they used to be rolled into the Daemonhunter codex- when they broke out with their own 'dex they exploded in popularity. Why not sisters?

Though my men may sleep, and my ships rest at anchor, my foes know full well that big guns never tire...

Look on my works ye mighty, and despair...

Offline Meros

• Brother Captain
  • Part dæmon and proud of it.
    • View Profile
    • My Horus Heresy blog
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2016, 05:00:45 AM »
I've always thought GW has missed something really special with 'sisters. They are very cool and unique in the 40K lore and game- why at this point no update? No plastics? Are they really the least selling army, and how much of that is due to no support?

Look at Grey Knights- they used to be rolled into the Daemonhunter codex- when they broke out with their own 'dex they exploded in popularity. Why not sisters?

Personally I think they're  scared of an all female faction in a mainly male player game.

They could make some good money but it will cost alot to resculpt and they most likely don't think consumers will buy enough.

Would absolutely love a new codex, models more so. Give me an option to get rid of my raging heros unassembled boxes and get some nice GW SOB figures.

Finally tangent; @Fritz, will you be doing a video on the new flyer rules and how you see them affecting the game. Would be great to hear your thoughts on the update. Thanks.
http://Www.the-newzealand-wordbearer.blogspot.co.nz
My Horus Heresy blog.

We are all minions of the dark gods, one part in their great game

Offline weboflies

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
    • Keepers of the Relics of Ultramar
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2016, 04:48:49 PM »

Personally I think they're  scared of an all female faction in a mainly male player game.

That sounds a lot more like the thinking of a small privately run company than, than that of a publicly traded corporation. I don't think it would be much fun explaining to the shareholders why you're shutting the door on half of the human race as potential customers. It's quite obvious from their recent marketing approach that they're trying to do just the opposite. Besides, why would they be scared of something that's already been in existence for 2 decades?

The cost of resculpting is nothing compared to the potential to bring new players in. Aside from opening things up to the other %50 of the poupulation, wouldn't a lot more guys play 40k if it involved a possibility of meeting girls? Girls that wouldn't judge you for playing 40k lol? I started out convinced that they were putting the line out to pasture, but the more I think about this, the more I am convinced something REALLY BIG is in store for Sisters.

Online Leftovers44

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2016, 11:13:36 AM »
Sisters haven't been completely forgotten as silly as it sounds they made a graphic novel featuring sisters of battle as the main players of the story. Know the graphic novel might not mean anything in terms of them getting an update soon or plastic models but it is something.

Sadly I haven't gotten my copy yet because I ordered it into my local store instead of my house to support them a little but longer than expected.

Offline Meros

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
    • My Horus Heresy blog
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2016, 02:47:25 PM »
^^ they also featured in the blood angle/tyrannid campaign books.
My Horus Heresy blog.

Offline SittingInACorner

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2016, 10:37:35 PM »
Yeah I'm thinking that the new novel might be a hint at sisters this winter. I'm trying to get 1850 points of tau painted right now though haha

Online Leftovers44

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2016, 12:52:54 PM »
It is hard to say when they will do something with sisters because it seems like they are focusing on bring a lot of the more popular armies up to speed with 7th edition. We just happen to be near the bottom of the list along with CSM, I doubt nothing is going to happen with us. It is still just a matter of when something actually happens.

Offline Htedomsa

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2016, 10:33:46 PM »
I hope they will continue with Sisters (just got my wife into 40K and that's the army she wants, awesome....except for the ridiculous expense and total lack of updates. That said I think they will re-release Sisters and agree with those above that they are an unretirable piece of the fluff. I could see GW doing a full plastic release and new codex to push it, maybe with Grey Knights / Inquisitors, maybe stand alone. Either would suit me. As long as I don't have to pay 100$ for 5-10 models. That crap drives me insane.

Offline weboflies

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
    • Keepers of the Relics of Ultramar
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2016, 09:55:20 PM »
Apparently GW is letting some of the Chaos stuff go oop as well. Makes me wonder if we won't see a Sisters vs Choas boxed set for 8th edition in the short to medium term with complete redesigns of both armies. I'd love to see them redo the Chaos line. I think a lot of those scuplts are far from the best of what GW has to offer. Based on some of the AoS stuff I see coming out, I bet the new Chaos and Sisters would look incredible if that's what's in store for us.

Offline hillshire

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile

Offline Meros

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
    • My Horus Heresy blog
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2016, 06:36:34 AM »
Some hope for the future: http://www.spikeybits.com/2016/06/sisters-returning-adepta-sororitas-latest.html

Oh yeah I saw that earlier. We have hope, could be very good news!
My Horus Heresy blog.

Online mcphro

• Primarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2016, 09:37:03 PM »
I want sisters....SOooooo bad...

Offline ersatzkommando

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2016, 01:43:39 PM »
I have alot of the old models and I dont want to buy more of them because they are beginning to look like clones.
I'd love new plastic models like the rest the armies, it would be amazing, I'd buy many new squads especially if they add new unit types.

Until then I will get another imperial army as allies, perhaps skitari or death corps of krieg if I feel like expanding my sisters of battle force.

Online mcphro

• Primarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2016, 07:45:57 AM »
Ive finally got my hands on 30 sisters Inc 10 seraphim for a swap of a wave serpent., wraithknight and some gun platforms i wasnt using. Since i have 6 immolators and 2 forgeworld  transports (3d printed the lot) i just need st celestine and 3 pentenent engines and im almost fully set up.

Now how to paint them? Traditional black or white and red and gold are my preferences.

Offline hillshire

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2016, 06:56:45 PM »
Curious how the Penitent Engines work out for you. I only have one myself and haven't fielded it yet. Partially because it's so dang top heavy I'm afraid it'll fall over and break. I'm not even sure if I could reattach the dang thing again!

I started with black but since my Iron Hands and Deathwatch were already black, I switched to white. Tried red and wasn't happy with it. But that's mostly because they were my first test paints while I was learning. Poor girls.