Author Topic: power armor body guard  (Read 872 times)

Offline SailorCSN

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
power armor body guard
« on: February 16, 2016, 06:52:59 PM »
I have a Chaplin, 3 company masters, and 3 librarians. All of them sport power armor. So to add to my new army, what one unit will make the best bodyguard and how would you play them?
So many books, so many Burning questions.

Offline Warseer_Kaelrich

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
Re: power armor body guard
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 09:00:25 PM »
Command squad with power weapons, I like lightning claws, in a land raider Redeemer. The apothecary gives fnp 5+, the land raider charges forward, and the let's your beat squad out, ebsue mass chaos on the battlefield

Offline SailorCSN

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2016, 12:43:37 PM »
And when all else fails, grab some terminators! Added a jump pack for deep strike capabilities

Offline SailorCSN

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2016, 07:08:15 PM »
The Libby with a pack is better than a Chaplin. For 105 points I get to deep strike with terminators and cast prescience. For the shoot termites, this works in 2 phases. I really like it. And he bails on the squad before they die and joins up whatever is close by. Seems like jump packs are the way to go for me

Offline Dark Librarian

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2016, 04:49:19 PM »
company veterans make decent body guards. They have 2 attacks base. If you give them a chainsword and bolt pistol it's 3 attacks base and if you proxy your librarian as Ezekiel it's 4 attacks each, 5 on the charge. If you've got a squad of 9 of them that's a lot of attacks. That number of attacks will destroy most infantry units. If you give your vets bolt guns and they're part of a Lionsblade detachment they will overwatch on 3's which could seriously hurt the attacker. At 162 points for 9 of them they're probs a pretty cost effective bodyguard compared with the terminators 200 points price tag. Give them a rhino and they'll have excellent mobility and be shielded from enemy fire. All this for the same amount of points for 5 terminators

Offline SailorCSN

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2016, 08:34:05 PM »
I took 10 termites and gave them invisibility in my last game. Went great until I failed the power on 4D6 :( then I got tabled on turn 5. Took out 20 tactical and a vindicator though with that squad

Offline Dark Librarian

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2016, 02:52:43 AM »
At least you killed as many points as you spent on your termys. You win some you lose some. Most I've ever taken out with a 5 man squad of termys and a Libby in terminator armour is 2 carnifexs and both of their drop pods and a winged hive tyrant. The dude who I was playing was rolling 1's and 2's all night though. I killed his hive tyrant with the psychic power that gives their weapons the gets hot rule and he got very hot when shooting lol