Author Topic: A cunnin' plan (does this fall within the rules?)  (Read 672 times)

Offline Shaggy 40k

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
A cunnin' plan (does this fall within the rules?)
« on: March 16, 2016, 11:14:16 PM »
Hi guys! 

I have a cunnin' plan that hinges on two rules questions:

1. At the bottom of the attached picture, the 1d4can article says Ghaz's invunerable save can be 2++ every turn if he calls a WAAAAGHH!!!!! can he gain the benefit of calling a WAAAAGH every turn with some detachment? The ork warband detatchmnt says, "Stampede: if the formation's warboss is your warlord he can use his WAAAGH!! special rule each and every turn after the first."

2. If Ghaz can do this, is it even fair? With the shooty meta-game I feel like it is a welcome boost to make orks more competitive.

Thanks,

Shags
  • Vostroyan Astra Militarum, Grey knights
Orkses never lose a battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fighin' so it dont count. If we runs for it we don't die niether, cos we can come back for anuver go, see!
-Commonly held ork view of war

Offline Ragimund

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Re: A cunnin' plan (does this fall within the rules?)
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2016, 04:31:24 AM »
I've noticed this combo also. Seems legit.

Online Draco765

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2016, 05:29:12 AM »
The only issue I have with that tip, is that you can not Waaagh! on the first turn. So Ghaz's armor save is normal on that turn. Other than that little nit pick the combo is valid.

Just remember the down side of the Detachment of adding 2 to the Mob Rule role, you will either break or kill off more boyz more often.

Offline Unholyllama

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2016, 07:03:57 AM »
The newly updated Waaagh Ghazghkull supplement allows a formation-based detachment like the Necron Decurion.  In it, one of the benefits is being able to Waaagh every turn so if you take Ghazghkull as part of that detachment, he can have a 2++ save all game, all meganobz can run and charge, and all orks (for the most part) are fearless.

The challenge is that the core formations needed for the detachment are expensive to field and Ghazghkull can only be used by taking his command formation which includes him, mad dok, 2 warbosses, and some nobz.  Add in the requirement of an auxillary pick as well and you're hitting 1850-2000pts really quickly with not much in terms of actual killing power in your army.

So yes it can be done.  It's expensive to field and is probably best for much larger point games than most people play.