Author Topic: An Eldar Introduction  (Read 658 times)

Offline Farseer Amathar

• Neophyte
  • Seer of the Storm of Altansar
    • View Profile
An Eldar Introduction
« on: March 28, 2016, 01:09:44 AM »
I never know what to say in these things...

I'm an Eldar player of Craftworld Altansar, but I took a break from 40k roughly two years ago, around the beginning of 7th Edition.  Now that I've decided to slowly get back into the 40k hobby, I find myself horribly behind-the-times.  I don't know much about tabletop any more, but my knowledge in Lore has been slowly growing over the last few years.  As of recently, I've began painting again, though also slowly.  This is partly due to the fact that I haven't had anybody to play an actual game with in a long while, so I've been sticking to lore and painting for now.  I happen to know a lot about most Xenos species, off of the top of my head, and can usually answer most questions about lore fairly quickly, so I'm kind of useful in that irrelevant capacity.  I also have a dream of someday establishing the 'go-to' unofficial background lore for my ill-defined Craftworld, which I also realize is way beyond my actual ability.

Now I also happen to have a tiny Tau Force that I've mostly let go to the wayside since I got a new Eldar Codex back when I did play 40k, in 6th Edition.  My long-term goal is to turn both of these into apocalypse forces, but that won't be happening any time soon.  I've got too great a back-log of Eldar stuff to paint and re-paint.  Last I checked I've got somewhere between 2000 and 2500 points worth of Eldar, for anybody curious.

Oh!  I forgot to mention that I've been listening to Wargammer: Fritz on and off again for like four years now, mostly when I am painting.  I've become a fan and point many of my friends to his videos when they are in need of help with tactics.  Although, this is my first time on the forum.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 01:13:01 AM by Farseer Amathar »
"Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers, all of which are true and terrifying to know." Inquisitor Czevak

Offline Chaos_Inquisitor

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Re: An Eldar Introduction
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2016, 10:26:29 PM »
Welcome, Farseer Amathar.  Glad you found your way here.  Please do, take the time and get some pictures and get them up.  Everyone here is rather quit nice and friendly.