Author Topic: Growing fast  (Read 616 times)

Offline KBrown24

• Chapter Master of the Imperial Fists
  • Supporter
  • Battle Brother
    • View Profile
    • Silent Alliance Gaming
Growing fast
« on: April 18, 2016, 07:50:28 AM »
Awhile ago I posted that I was starting Tyranids. Well, yesturday, I actually went out and almost did a full fledge firesale and bought alot of Tyranid stuff. Here is what I got:

Tervigon(and built as Tervigon)

Tyranid Battleforce:
16 Termagaunts
16 Hormagaunts
8 Genestealers
3 Warriors

Start Collecting Tyranids:
3 Warriors
1 Hive Tyrant(thinking of making the flyerant)
10 Gargoyles

Im still waiting for my Codex to come in, but depending on the upgrades, this should be a fairly decent force. I am also thinking of getting Deathleaper, Lictor, Venomthroats, and Zoanthroaps.

Thoughts thus far?

Online SharkoutofWata

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
Re: Growing fast
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016, 11:11:50 AM »
Yep, that's the start of some Tyranids.  You'll need more Termagants right off the bat if you want to use the Tervigon to full effect.  16 is still below the average a Tervigon can produce in a game.

Right off the bat, you have a CAD with the Tervigon, Stealers and Hormagaunts and the Start Collecting Formation with all six Warriors and the rest.  You should be able to get some games in and get used to the Nid mechanics.

Offline Dirty Harry

• Marshal of the Phoenician Crusade
  • Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
  • I'lll abhor the $#!7 out of that witch!
    • View Profile
Re: Growing fast
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2016, 04:49:42 PM »
Cool thing about the venomthrope/zoanthrope kit is you could mix between the three models, so you can say do 2 zopes and 1 vope, visa versa, or all the same. I converted zopes and warriors into lictors and they're pretty cool.
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.