Author Topic: 1850 List: Hunter Contingent & Dawn Blade Contingent  (Read 700 times)

Offline AlmostMercury

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
1850 List: Hunter Contingent & Dawn Blade Contingent
« on: May 04, 2016, 06:57:34 PM »
Hello all. I have not been around in quite some time, but I'm here to post a list to get some ideas about. I've been looking into stathammer and it's been rather illuminating, so I've developed a list to leverage the rules of both contingents to benefit from both increased accuracy AND re-rolls to wound.

Here's the list...

HUNTER CONTINGENT

544pts
CORE: Hunter Cadre

Commander: Command and Control Node, Drone Controller

Crisis Team
Crisis Shas’vre: Missile Pod x2, Puretide Engram Neurochip
2x Crisis Shas’ui: Missile Pod x2, Target Lock

Fire Warrior: 5x Fire Warrior w/Pulse Rifle

Fire Warriors: 5x Fire Warrior w/Pulse Rifle

Fire Warriors: 5x Fire Warrior w/Pulse Rifle

Piranha: 2x MV1 Gun Drone, Burst Cannon

Broadside: Early Warning Override, Twin-linked High-Yield Missile Pod, Twin-linked Smart Missile System

545pts
AUX: Optimized Stealth Cadre

Ghostkeel Team
Ghostkeel Shas’vre: Cyclic Ion Raker, Target Lock, Twin-linked Fusion Blaster, Velocity Tracker
Ghostkeel Shas’vre: Cyclic Ion Raker, Twin-linked Fusion Blaster, Velocity Tracker

Stealth Team
Stealth Shas’vre: Burst Cannon, Homing Beacon
2x Stealth Shas’ui: Burst Cannon

Stealth Team
Stealth Shas’vre: Burst Cannon, Homing Beacon
2x Stealth Shas’ui: Burst Cannon

DAWN BLADE CONTINGENT

526pts
CORE: Retaliation Cadre

Commander: Twin-linked Flamer x2

Crisis Suit: Bonding Knife Ritual, Plasma Rifle x2

Crisis Suit: Bonding Knife Ritual, Plasma Rifle x2

Crisis Suit: Bonding Knife Ritual, Fusion Blaster, Twin-Linked Fusion Blaster

Riptide: Bonding Knife Ritual, Ion Accelerator, Twin-linked Fusion Blaster, Early Warning Override,

Broadside: Bonding Knife Ritual, Early Warning Override, Twin-linked High-Yield Missile Pod, Twin-linked Smart Missile System

244pts
AUX: Drone Net VX 1-0
4x MV7 Marker Drone
4x MV7 Marker Drone
4x MV7 Marker Drone
4x MV7 Marker Drone

Total: 1844 points

We'll see if the FAQ for Tau ruins my plan, but at least it'll make my list easier to build without the Dawn Blade Contingent. I still have 6 points to spend on an upgrade somewhere, but I'm not sure where.

Essentially, I would run the Retaliation Cadre in the Hunter Contingent anyway so I decided to nab the Killing Blow rule from the FSE supplement as it doesn't specify that only the Dawn Blade Contingent can make use of it. This of course will be leveraged against the increased BS of the Hunter Contingent.

Offline AlmostMercury

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
Re: 1850 List: Hunter Contingent & Dawn Blade Contingent
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 11:25:29 AM »
60 Views in 15 days. Not so much traffic around these days.

Either way, I've adjusted my list due to both experience and reviewing the rules around command benefits. I'm pretty sure the Hunter Contingent cannot benefit from Killing Blow.

Okay, after exploring mark I of the list, I've decided to make some revisions. The first revision is that I was unable to play the fire warriors with the turrets and realized that they are quite simply a tax. I did some rework to find out how I could take them out and keep the parts that I found very effective, such as 2 commanders with drone controller.

What worked for me:
BS5 marker lights are glorious.
Riptides are incredible (no news there).
Killing Blow command benefit is better than you think it is (particularly with high BS or TL weapons).
Broadsides shoot a lot.
Jet Pack infantry are way more manoeuvrable than I ever imagined.

What didn't work for me:
I'm not good enough at the game for Monats (yet), so I need to practice.
Not being able to move my Broadsides is very unfamiliar (used to Tyranid MCs).
The Drone Net was awkward for me, as I found that it was often in the way.

My revisions involve increasing the fire power and paying less tax, so I've come up with this.

Dawn Blade Contingent @ 1850

[1050] Retaliation Cadre

Commander:Drone Controller, 2x Missile Pod, Target Lock, Puretide Engram Neurochip
2x Marker Drone

Broadside Team
3x Broadside: BKR, HYMP, Smart Missile System, Target Lock
6x Marker Drone

Riptide Team
2x Riptide: BKR, Ion Accelerator, Fusion Blaster, Early Warning Override, Stimulant Injectors

Crisis Suit: BKR, 2x Fusion Blaster

Crisis Suit: BKR, 2x Fusion Blaster

Crisis Suit: BKR, Flamer, Burst Cannon

[363] Firebase Support Cadre

Riptide: BKR, Heavy Burst Cannon, Smart Missile System, Early Warning Override, Stimulant Injectors

Broadside: BRK, HYMP, Smart Missile System, Early Warning Override

Broadside: BRK, HYMP, Smart Missile System, Early Warning Override

[437] Contingent Headquarters

Commander: Iridium Suit, Command & Control Node, 2x Flamer, Drone Controller, Stimulant Injector
2x Marker Drones

Crisis Bodyguard Team
3x Bodyguards: 3x BKR, Plasma Rifle, CIB, Target Lock
4x Marker Drones

Only 17 points into Bonding Knife Ritual, and only 30 "tax" points into the bodyguards to get both a commander an a unit of 3 suits. The last list had 135 "tax" points into fire warriors and 28 points into Bonding.

I'm pretty excited to play this list.