Author Topic: Household detachment vs Exalted court  (Read 557 times)

Offline Lakey Wargames

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
    • Lakey Wargames Youtube Page
Household detachment vs Exalted court
« on: May 15, 2016, 02:58:50 AM »
Hey guys so at 2k I managed to sqeeze in 5 knights to my list. They are:

Knight crusader - rapid fire battle cannon - Mark of the Omnissiah - Twin icarus autocannon - Meltagun (WL)
Knight Errant
Knight Errant
Knight Paladin
Knight Paladin

My question is would you run this with the Household detachment. (The WL gains +1BS&WS, character type, re-rolls missed hits in a challenge and access to reclics while everyone gains objective secured) Or because I managed to have 5 knights I can run the Exalted court formation which requires 5 knights. (Where they all gain the character type and access to relics, the WL gains +2BS&WS, +1 to Ion saves, re-roll hits in a challenge and everyone else just +1BS&WS)

From this we can clearly gather the Exalted court buffs the knights considerably more where the lowest knight is WS&BS5! aswell as the WL becoming WS&BS6 with a 3+ Ion save. The only downside is loosing objective secured on the other knights. So I guess the question is that objective secured more important than the slight buff to WS&BS when I'm only really going to be firing blast templates and stomping on infantry?
Please checkout Lakey Wargames over on Youtube for all kinds of tutorials, discussions, lets builds and more! :)

Lakey Wargames Youtube:
 https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgqSruhp2yl2gyqhiTuSrEA

Offline Chaos_Inquisitor

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
Re: Household detachment vs Exalted court
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2016, 09:17:23 AM »
The answer could be easily summed up as such.  Do you plan on having to fight other Titans?  Whether it's the Knight Titan, the Wraithknight, or one of the big damn Tau suits?  Cause the answer would be...yes for the Exalted court.  The answer might still be yes, even if you're blasting infantry off objectives.  1 less inch on that deviation can make a difference.  2 less on your WL, can make a HUGE difference.  Not to mention you still have the Chainsword on that thing, and yeah hitting individual infantry with it...is annoying.  But it's just as annoying when you miss all of them, and your stomps end up doing nothing as well. Then your big ol Titan is still in combat with a blob of 30 something guardsmen, or cultists, and you cry a bit.

Now if this is the entirety of your army...it really isn't feesible.  Sorry to say, Titans by themselves are not a feesible army.  It's just to easy to get flanked by meltas and blown to pieces.  Or fisted...or Gauss'ed to death.  If you have some sort of mechanicum or guardsmen milling around, then screw the ObSec on your Titans and have them crash head long into your opponents and "rip and tear."

Just my 2 cents.

Offline Lakey Wargames

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2016, 03:19:16 PM »
Very good points there! Thank you for the summary. :)

After sitting on the idea of the two all day and then coming home and reading over this I have to agree and would say that the Exalted court would give me more bang for my buck. I guess objective secured doesn't matter if you kill everything on that shiny objective you wanted anyway?... Right?... Haha

Yeah pure knights list aren't my go to army for indestructible cheese. I just have one of each of the three stated in the OP and thought if I get a couple more a list like this may be fun to throw down with every now and then at the LC. Its funny how many people think a pure knights build is super hard core and hard to fight against but truth be told they're quite easy (if you have a few tools to damage them with of course) to kill.
Please checkout Lakey Wargames over on Youtube for all kinds of tutorials, discussions, lets builds and more! :)

Lakey Wargames Youtube:

Offline Chaos_Inquisitor

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2016, 03:56:00 PM »
I would suggest then, to pick up Renegade.  Since it's only like $40 more than just buying a knight, and you get two...plus a set of Gothic sector ruins.  Well worth the buy.

Offline Lakey Wargames

• Battle Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2016, 04:59:22 PM »
That it is indeed, damm... Like I needed more motivation to go out and buy one! haha.

Lakey Wargames Youtube: