Author Topic: 1500 point sisters of battle list.  (Read 1427 times)

Online Leftovers44

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
1500 point sisters of battle list.
« on: June 10, 2016, 08:24:22 AM »
 I have never actually got to play this list yet and I am writing a lot about this list on my past experiences with Sisters on the table top. If you see something I don't feel free to point it out.

All of the Hqs are going to ride in the immolators, but this is assuming your group is using the new FAQ that I believe isn't finalized yet but says that the immolator has one firing point. The book of St. Lucius is kind of a personal upgrade I like to take for my one Cannoness which is modeled weird so she is holding to books about to preach something to the xeno or heretical foes. But it doesn't really serve much of a purpose and can be easily dropped, if they let you use this list everything is stubborn so it will most likely be dead before it gets to run away.

The list as is has 5 points to do something with, I would most likely spend it on a servo skull. One servo skull isn't really optimal but if you drop the book of St. Lucius you can get three to deny any enemy scout moves or infiltration moves that can put a scary unit to close to you. But even one servo skull in a key location which you have to carefully place in the best possible spot to get full effective use out of it, at the very least it will make it harder for them to scout or infiltrate exactly where they might have wanted to and you can get them to possibly move a specific way with their army which is kind of huge. Even if the unit is just 5 inches over from where the opponent wanted it, it is still not where they wanted it.

A lot in this list can be moved around depending on the kind of army you are facing, the combi-weapons can be changed to another combi-weapon or dropped completely for more points, the immolators weapons can be changed with out increasing the points, you can drop the meltagun from the battle sister squads to add in a heavy-flamer or another heavy weapon. You can really move a lot around to make the squads do what you want them to do.

If they wont let you use it, just drop the psykers for either another troop squad in an immolator and you can drop the book to have 20 points to play around with which doesn't really get you much in terms of points to play around with but the addition of an extra squad to around the table can more a world of difference compared to a single exorcist in my other option for replacement. These is mostly due to the fact that an exorcist is a very stationary unit and shouldn't really be moving around much and will really only hold objectives in your deployment. But your battle sisters need to hold of the enemy from reaching the exorcists as well as do mid field objectives with the nice mobility of a transport.

Instead you can add in an exorcist and fill out the two battle sister squads to 6man squads, you have a little bit less points to play with, but if you want more you can take back the two sisters you add and the book which will leave you with 40 points to play around with. Which is nice because you can upgrade to heavy-flamers, double melta gun, and a few other things with these extra points. You really just have a ton of extra options opened up to you in terms of wargear. The exorcist is still a very random unit, thankfully it has a good gun so that can be forgiven.

Another option you could due if you are worried about a unit dropping in behind you and killing a few exorcists with deepstrike or outflank is remove all the combi-weapons plus the ordo hereticous inquisitor and add in a Retributor squad with potentially heavy-bolters or multi-meltas. It really depends and what kind of deepstrike you face the most and have Coteaz baby sit the exorcists so when a unit deepstrikes into "I have been expecting you range" you can dakka it or melta it out of usefullness. Or a cheaper option might be three servitors with heavy weapons but the same tactic still applies and if they are heavy bolters as opposed to multi-melta they can also add in some nice midrange fire support.

CAD 1

HQ
Barebones Cannoness

Troops
Battle sister squad-5man with flamer, meltagun, and combi-plasma in a twin-linked multi-melta immolator

Battle sister squad- 5man with flamer, meltagun, and combi-plasma in a twin-linked multi-melta immolator

Heavy Support
Exorcist

Exorcist

Exorcist

CAD 2

HQ
Cannoness with book of St. Lucius

Troops
Battle sister squad-5man with flamer, meltagun, and combi-plasma in a twin-linked multi-melta immolator

Battle sister squad- 5man with flamer, meltagun, and combi-plasma in a twin-linked multi-melta immolator

Heavy Support
Exorcist

Exorcist

CAD 3 is Inquisition

Coteaz

Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor- Mastery level 1, force sword and bolt pistol

Online Leftovers44

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
Re: 1500 point sisters of battle list.
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2016, 08:25:50 AM »
Place holder for psychic powers but you can pretty much take mostly whatever you want.

Divination if you are sitting back with coteaz in a heavy weapons squad or something offensives if you are moving out in a transport like telepathy or whatever the tree is called.

Online Leftovers44

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2016, 08:29:21 AM »
Another place holder for match ups.

Offline Meros

• Brother Captain
  • Part dæmon and proud of it.
    • View Profile
    • My Horus Heresy blog
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2016, 03:38:34 PM »
Personally I don't like the mixed weapons in the sister squads. I'd go Flamer, Heavy Flamer and then a combi with either flamer or melta.

Use the multi melta and the combi melta to pop a tank, then tank shock the unit. That way your infatry can go full anti infantry.

This leaves your tanks with a much clearer purpose.
http://Www.the-newzealand-wordbearer.blogspot.co.nz
My Horus Heresy blog.

We are all minions of the dark gods, one part in their great game

Online Leftovers44

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2016, 09:02:14 AM »
I actually personally enjoy the mixed weapons in the few games I got to play around with them. But if you don't you can more or less freely change them around in this list unless you go meltagun, heavy-flamer, and a combi-weapon on every squad which would put you over points.

You would lose a flamer template from it just not being able to fire out the top, but if you got out you could do more wounds with two or three  templates.

It just isn't how I have been using my sisters recently, I still need to play around with it some more honestly. But you can't pretty much do whatever with sister squads and the cheapness of them makes you able to build in a ton of redundancy. So losing one unit isn't a terrible lose because three more can do the same thing.

Online Leftovers44

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2016, 07:35:53 AM »
Rhinos might be slightly better for going flamer, heavy-flamer, and combi-melta for extra tank removal.  Exorcists will be able to bother anything that isn't armor 13-14  and even if it is, you can just through enough dice and hopefully wreck it. And it gives you a few more points to play around with which is nice.

Offline Meros

• Brother Captain
  • Part dæmon and proud of it.
    • View Profile
    • My Horus Heresy blog
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2016, 02:02:25 AM »
Rhinos might be slightly better for going flamer, heavy-flamer, and combi-melta for extra tank removal.  Exorcists will be able to bother anything that isn't armor 13-14  and even if it is, you can just through enough dice and hopefully wreck it. And it gives you a few more points to play around with which is nice.

Immolators would allow a multi melta shot + the hatch combi melta. I don't see how a think would be better.
http://Www.the-newzealand-wordbearer.blogspot.co.nz
My Horus Heresy blog.

We are all minions of the dark gods, one part in their great game

Online Leftovers44

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2016, 07:10:48 AM »
Oh I meant emergency not extra or you could read it as extra anti-tank paired a long with the exorcists. But it would be better for anti infantry if you had them in rhinos and used the rhinos as cheap little boxes to drive them around in.

I have also been thinking that if you don't care to much about the multi melta from the immolator you can go with the twin linked heavy flamer and for the squad inside go like heavy flamer, melta, combi melta. For a little bit more of a anti-infantry killer. You would most likely have to drop one of the psykers for this though or just don't take a combi-weapon for 1500 hundred at least.