Author Topic: I SAID ORKIFY SON!!!!  (Read 1642 times)

Offline KiltedPete

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
I SAID ORKIFY SON!!!!
« on: June 23, 2016, 10:31:48 PM »
So, the local Warhammer shop is doing the Gork and Mork races. In response I said, "Since I am an uber noob in Warhammer and modeling, I will make my own ork truck and bring it in. So I ordered the Higgins Boat model, treads from a GI Joe tank. So.. now I wonder how to orkify it. This is what I am thinking...

Cut off the back end where the 2 man holes are. (this is to reduce lenth since the model is 11 inches and most orc trukks are 7 ish. Hopefully will make getting around on the board easier)

Maybe by some green stuff and add makeshift side panels.. you know... orky style.

Find or make ski ramps for the front. (though I have been wanting to put wheels in the front, just not sure where to buy them / and what wheels to actually buy)

So, what do yall think? Any more ideas?

Online SharkoutofWata

• Chapter Master
    • View Profile
Re: I SAID ORKIFY SON!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 11:38:43 PM »
Wheelie bar in back and an "oh feth we're tipping forward" wheel on the front.  And I'd add either some corrugated cardboard sheet metal panels or like a... watchtower type standing zone in that open panel on the side.  I am personally a BIG fan of Rokkit Launchas set up like fireworks on the hull, but I have more plans for Looted Wagons than Trukks.  Rokkits might be overkill on a Trukk.

Online Fritz40K

• ADMIN
  • Primarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 09:02:33 AM »
Nice! Need to something orky with that missile things, a snotling driver or something.

Curious to see how your project turns out!
Though my men may sleep, and my ships rest at anchor, my foes know full well that big guns never tire...

Look on my works ye mighty, and despair...

Offline KiltedPete

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2016, 12:54:09 AM »
So... I don't want to throw my trukk into the fire now... but I might do it after the Gork and Mork month. I do think it will get the wtf is that factor, but man I know I could do better with more time.

Here is what I have to work on so far. Sponge Gnome oil (the brush strokes are bad), fix the driver's mouth, add giant rocket... somewhere, fix the paint on the boxes, and find a way to keep the front door shut. Feel free to point and laugh, or point at things I can fix.

Pete the Plaid
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 12:59:40 AM by KiltedPete »

Online Fritz40K

• ADMIN
  • Primarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2016, 10:38:27 AM »
Good start! Just lots more red since it makes it go faster.
Though my men may sleep, and my ships rest at anchor, my foes know full well that big guns never tire...

Look on my works ye mighty, and despair...