here is my 2 cents, a lot of my suggestions are theory as i have not played templars in 7th but have looked at them/ researched a lot.
- as per the new draft FAQ you can only take one chapter relic per model.
- your captain is very very expensive for such the low points level and I fear it may not work well, especially as a smart player will just avoid and shoot him.
- Tactical squads in black templars! you filthy heretic!, but seriously you may be better off taking a crusader squad even if they just have boltguns and combi grav like your tac squad.
- the stormtalon is an ok choice, bear in mind the rules may have changed slightly with the new death from the skies book (i dont know what is in it fully) and i personally prefer the typhoon missiles on it, but to each his own.
-captain is much better priced here, i would recommend some kind of melee weapon though, either a power sword or relic blade.
- Command squad would be better with an apothecary for the feel no pain.
- scouts are ok, but if you wanted to fit the theme of templars make them melee squads/ make them crusader squads.
- stormtalon again is ok
- predator again is ok, but does a similar job to a lot of the army in that it kills troops very well but not much use on heavier targets, does provide some armour 13 though which is good
Overall my reccomendation for a list would be somthing like this
- Emperors champion: (140), he is a good HQ with AP2 on his sword and a 2+ armour save with 4+ invuln, comes reletively cheap and fits the theme for templars, he has an awesome model and is cooler than any captain.
- Crusader squad 1: (95 flamer, 100 melta) 5 initiates 2 neophytes all with bolt pistols and chain swords and one with a flamer or meltagun
- Crusader squad 2: (95 flamer, 100 melta) 5 initiates 2 neophytes all with bolt pistols and chain swords and one with a flamer or meltagun
both crusader squads are meant to move up and shoot the melta at tough things such as monsters/vehicles and then charge what they can, but the emperors champion with one of them to keep him safe. put the neophytes(scouts) in front to die first to shooting/overwatch so that you gain rage/counterattack from your chapter tactics.
- since you seem to like stormtalons and hey they look cool,
- Stormtalon with typhoon missile launcher (130) provides, anti vehicle and anti infantry with the missiles.
This leaves you with 30 points if you take the melta in the crusader squads. with this you could give the crusader squads some power weapons add more neophytes (scouts) or even drop a melta and take a flamer instead and add a rhino for your emperors champion squad.
This list was made mostly to give a nice feel to the army at this low points level and should be easy to expand on, plus should be reletively cheap since you don't need to buy too much stuff.
also what is your friend playing? It would make people make lists