Author Topic: List Feedback for my 2k GT List  (Read 1055 times)

Offline SpaceBugzz

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
List Feedback for my 2k GT List
« on: June 28, 2016, 11:35:50 AM »
I was hoping to get some feedback for my List that I wrote. I was going for a list that does two things. First, to overwhelm my opponent with targets in efforts to increase the survival of my units as a whole. Second I wanted to have two elements to the army; a portion of my army that is moving forward slowly closing in and boxing you in and the other portion deepstriking in as shock units. Let me know what yall think.

1999pts. Tyranids

CAD:

Hive Tyrant-240
-2  TW Devourers w/ Brainleech Worms
-Electroshock Grubs
-Wings

Hive Tyrant-240
-Electroshock Grubs
-Wings

Venomthrope-45
Venomthrope-45
Zoanthrope-50

18 Termagants-72
19 Termagants-76
19 Termagants-76

Mawloc-140
Mawloc-140
1x2 Biovores-80

Hive Fleet Detachment:

Hive Tyrant-240
-Electroshock Grubs
-Wings

3 Rippers-45
-Deepstrike

3 Rippers-45
-Deepstrike

Mucolid Spore-15

Carnifex-150
Carnifex-150
Carnifex-150

Offline Fritz40K

• ADMIN
  • Primarch
    • View Profile
Re: List Feedback for my 2k GT List
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 08:18:03 AM »
Lots of big-bug overload and certainly a scary list. Devourers on the tyrands and fexes will put out a ton of shots. Two tyrants or two fexes should be able to destroy a space marine or like unit in a turn of shooting, and with the fexes you can then charge to finish a unit off- although not always with the tyrants. Personally, I'd like to see some gargoyles in the list to work with the tyrants- they can shoot to add some weight of dice, and then assault if needed to finish off a unit if the tyrants cant. Rippers fill out the units and are nice (in my opinion) deep strike expendable/distraction units. I'd like to see some more of them. Points? How tied are you with the Mawlocs? Drop both since you have enough big bugs and get more rippers and gargs, or drop one and get some gargs.

I'd also look to break up the termagants a bit more- units of 10ish just to get more objective secured. They are so easy to kill, there is no difference between 10 and 18-19. 10 unit size gets more.

Offline SpaceBugzz

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2016, 02:07:39 PM »
Okay so I did some more thinking based on what you said and ended up here.

CAD:

Flyrant-240
-2 TWD w/ BL
-Wings
-Electroshock Grubs

Flyrant-240
-2 TWD w/ BL
-Wings
-Electroshock Grubs

Malanthrope-85
Malanthrope-85

11 Termagants-44
11 Termagants-44
11 Termagants-44
10 Termagants-40
10 Termagants-40

15 Gargoyles-90
15 Gargoyles-90

1x2 Biovores-80
1x2 Biovores-80

Hive Fleet Detachment:

Flyrant-240
-2 TWD w/ BL
-Wings
-Electroshock Grubs

Ripper Swarm Brood-45
-Deep Strike

Ripper Swarm Brood-45
-Deep Strike

Mucolid Spore-15

Carnifex-150
-2 TWD w/ BL

Carnifex-150
-2 TWD w/ BL

Carnifex-150
-2 TWD w/ BL

Total: 1997 pts.

The size of the Termagant units makes me a little uneasy just because a good player with a lot of shooting could wipe most of my objective secured off the table in one turn of shooting. But I'm cool dropping the Mawlocs, I thought they would be good for dropping down on gunline lists and having another element to deal with SM drop pod spam, but I think my Biovores can fill that roll in this list. But I agree with you about Gargoyles over Termagants. I think they are much better and I didn't think to have two units of gargoyles rushing down the table as a way to protect my OBS units and my Carnifexes. Trouble was before I was trying to fit in the Mawlocs so I had to drop them.

Offline AlmostMercury

• Brother Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2016, 06:45:14 PM »
Why CAD and HFD?

Offline Dirty Harry

• Marshal of the Phoenician Crusade
  • Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
  • I'lll abhor the $#!7 out of that witch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2016, 10:23:35 PM »
I'm thinking op wants to make use of the reroll to instinctive behavior for carnifex to get a better chance at getting rage. I wouldn't take rippers in the hive fleet detachment though, its better if they have obsec.
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.