Author Topic: Imperial Fists Fire Raptor Rebuild. Need some advice  (Read 408 times)

Offline Khorne_Flakes

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
Imperial Fists Fire Raptor Rebuild. Need some advice
« on: August 11, 2016, 06:43:41 PM »
Picked up a used fire raptor yesterday, and the build quality was lacking. Gaps all over, crooked gun mounts, excess glue all over. It's been primed white with a bit of air brushed Citadel's Averland Sunset sprayed on it.

Any advise on breaking it apart to repair the gaps? Can I sand the resin without damaging it?

Offline Dirty Harry

• Marshal of the Phoenician Crusade
  • Supporter
  • Regent Of Terra
  • I'lll abhor the $#!7 out of that witch!
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial Fists Fire Raptor Rebuild. Need some advice
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2016, 09:18:33 AM »
What ever you can't take apart by hand with a bit of muscle you should put the fire raptor in a bath of degreaser, such as purple power,simple green, etc. Let the components soak for a few days, and then hit em with a soft brush. Don't worry about the resin weakening, I've had forge world stuff sit in paint stripper for months without any compromise to it. Resin and metal figures have to be assembled with super glue, and a lot of that will peel off along with the paint. After you are able to strip off the components, you should be able to start fresh with little to no trouble.
Don't try making a unit unkillable. its a waste of time and the dice gods laugh at you for wasting your time. Dedicate a unit to a job and make sure it does it til it's either dead or running.