Author Topic: Astra Militarum Themes  (Read 623 times)

Offline OzzieWarboss

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Astra Militarum Themes
« on: August 25, 2016, 10:45:39 AM »
Does anyone here make up their own regiments; or do you stick with what you get, eg Cadia, Catachan, Tallman, etc

I'm trying to figure out what kind of regiment I'd like, the three front runners at the moment are

1) Fallout; the combat armour in the fallout game looks very similar to Cadian flak armour, other ideas are to convert Valkyries into verti-birds, veteran squads wearing those sinister looking gas masks, and an ogryn bone'ead carrying a converted gatling laser/multilaser

2) Japanese Imperial Forces; the majority of this army will have Ashiguru heads, while the officers, veterans and possibly rough riders have samurai masks and katana

3) Anzac Force; Basically cadians with the slouch hat and breach loading grenade launchers, light horsemen and other stuff to make them look Aussie

I'd like to hear what people think about my plans, and what your own army is like

Offline Charley359

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Astra Militarum Themes
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2016, 02:10:03 PM »
While I'm sticking to a Cadian force as my secondary or side army. its only about 600 points.  Dark Angels has always been my favorite army since I started playing and I have nearly 8000 points of them. 

But I am modeling mine a couple different ways.  I am basing it after the 203rd which was in the XBox360 Space Marine Game.  I even have a female commissar who is Lt. Mira after getting a promotion.

The biggest change I am making is that I plan to give them the US Army Desert Storm uniform.  I was in that short war and plan of my units to look like they were too.  My army isn't large, only 3 veteran squads with Lascannon HW teams, a Tempest squad, a Command squad with the Astropath, Officer of Fleet, Psyker and both a male and female Lord Commissars. 

I'm slowly getting them done.   

Offline KiwiWarboss

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Astra Militarum Themes
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2016, 03:41:45 PM »
Wasn't just Aussies in the ANZAC force mate.